Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old December 6th, 2019, 10:54 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Thanos (Infinity Quest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyhandle View Post
Can someone clarify this for me, please?
Short version:
After *SNAP!*, Thanos does not immediately lose the Gauntlet, but won't be able to pick it back up after losing it to wounds/death.

Long Version:
After *SNAP!*, "Thanos cannot use his Incomplete Gauntlet special power for the rest of the game"
Negating INCOMPLETE GAUNTLET means Thanos now always needs 7+ rolls to hang on to the Gauntlet after wounds.
The Infinity Gauntlet Glyph states, "This glyph cannot be chosen for any special power on any Army Card or glyph and cannot be removed from the card of this figure by any special power on any Army Card or glyph unless it would be lost by this figure receiving wounds or being destroyed. "
Thus, the Gauntlet prevents *SNAP!* from negating his ability to use Equipment Glyphs using INCOMPLETE GAUNTLET until after he loses the Gauntlet via wounds/death.

And if that's the case, say he's used *SNAP!*, got injured, rolled a 6, lost the Gauntlet, now he can't equip it, but if after losing it, as an Event Hero, he may occupy the space the Gauntlet is on, but may not use it, or any Equipment Glyph.

Do I have this correct? Thank you!

I don't... entirely understand?... but I don't think so. You can't use an E-Glyph by standing on it - needs to be equipped.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 6th, 2019, 11:55 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

The 2 questions here seem to be;

1) Does Thanos lose the Gauntlet immediately after the Snap (seeing as he is no longer capable of equipping Glyphs, making him having the Glyph an “illegal game state”) or does he lose it like a Unique Hero would? (AKA receiving wound/being destroyed and then failing the “save” roll on the Gauntlet)

2) Can Thanos somehow use the Gauntlet after snapping and dropping? Maybe Toy can correct me here, but it seems like he edited his question here, because I remember him originally asking about using the Glyph by standing on it, which is not a thing you can do.

Welcome to the site Toy, btw!
Old December 6th, 2019, 12:03 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
The 2 questions here seem to be;

1) Does Thanos lose the Gauntlet immediately after the Snap (seeing as he is no longer capable of equipping Glyphs, making him having the Glyph an “illegal game state”) or does he lose it like a Unique Hero would? (AKA receiving wound/being destroyed and then failing the “save” roll on the Gauntlet)
The intent is very much the latter, and that's how I played it. The Glyph is already equipped, which is what the power allows him to do.

Quote:
2) Can Thanos somehow use the Gauntlet after snapping and dropping? Maybe Toy can correct me here, but it seems like he edited his question here, because I remember him originally asking about using the Glyph by standing on it, which is not a thing you can do.

No, I don't believe there's any way he can. Other figures potentially could, but Thanos would now be incapable of doing. Not that such a situation is likely to happen.

Quote:
Welcome to the site Toy, btw!
Yes - welcome, chap!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 6th, 2019, 01:22 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for the welcome everybody! Been an occasional user of this site since its inception. Huge fan of all your work and the community you've created over the years.

Thanos question answered, thank you!

I did edit my original post, my apologies. Wasn't a fan of how I originally wrote it.
Just to clarify:

Equipment glyphs must be equipped to be activated, and equipping is what Event Heroes can't do.
But an Event Hero may occupy the space of an Equipment Glyph, defending it, without equipping and activating it.
Old December 6th, 2019, 01:50 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

That is actually a good rules question - I think we had this discussion internally recently (about what happens if you negate Batman or another Utility Belt character) and the consensus seems to be that if there's an "illegal state" you immediately drop those glyphs.

That's not the intent here, so for now play as if he doesn't drop it until he's wounded... but we'll have to come down with a firm ruling on that and possibly update the text here.
Old December 7th, 2019, 09:24 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I feel like the easiest way to resolve the issue of negating a Utility Belt is to play it similarly to the way Thanos is being played currently, with the reason being that the Glyphs have already been equipped, or "on the card."

"Batman can equip a Utility Equipment Glyph even if there are other Utility Equipment Glyphs on this card, up to a maximum of 3. Batman cannot lose these glyphs by receiving wounds unless he is destroyed."

If Utility Belt 3 were negated, it seems that Batman can no longer commit the action of equipping 2nd or 3rd glyphs, but any previously equipped glyphs are grandfathered in. However, Batman is now vulnerable to losing glyphs from wounds, and he will no longer be able retrieve them without sacrificing the others.
The opponent chooses which space the dropped glyph lands, the opponent should also be able to pick which among the glyphs is dropped.
If Batman were to attempt to trade a fallen glyph for a currently equipped glyph if he has been negated and has more than 1 glyph, doing so would trigger the illegal state to resolve, where he would have to drop all glyphs and only take the one glyph.
Basically Batman has A,B, and C
Batman is Negated
Batman is wounded and the opponent chooses that Batman drops A
Batman must lose both B and C in order to equip A

Thus, there is strategy for both the opponent, who must decide which glyph-loss will most cripple Batman/potentially strengthen themselves, and Batman, who must decide, if it is it worth giving up two glyphs for one.

Also, thematically, it makes sense that negating doesn't cause Batman's buckle on his belt to break and he lose everything at once, it instead allows the opponent to strip Batman of his arsenal.
Old December 8th, 2019, 08:10 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Sounds good except I believe if you're voluntarily dropping glyphs, you just put them on the space where the figure is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old December 8th, 2019, 08:14 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyhandle View Post
I feel like the easiest way to resolve the issue of negating a Utility Belt is to play it similarly to the way Thanos is being played currently, with the reason being that the Glyphs have already been equipped, or "on the card."

"Batman can equip a Utility Equipment Glyph even if there are other Utility Equipment Glyphs on this card, up to a maximum of 3. Batman cannot lose these glyphs by receiving wounds unless he is destroyed."

If Utility Belt 3 were negated, it seems that Batman can no longer commit the action of equipping 2nd or 3rd glyphs, but any previously equipped glyphs are grandfathered in. However, Batman is now vulnerable to losing glyphs from wounds, and he will no longer be able retrieve them without sacrificing the others.
The opponent chooses which space the dropped glyph lands, the opponent should also be able to pick which among the glyphs is dropped.
If Batman were to attempt to trade a fallen glyph for a currently equipped glyph if he has been negated and has more than 1 glyph, doing so would trigger the illegal state to resolve, where he would have to drop all glyphs and only take the one glyph.
Basically Batman has A,B, and C
Batman is Negated
Batman is wounded and the opponent chooses that Batman drops A
Batman must lose both B and C in order to equip A

Thus, there is strategy for both the opponent, who must decide which glyph-loss will most cripple Batman/potentially strengthen themselves, and Batman, who must decide, if it is it worth giving up two glyphs for one.

Also, thematically, it makes sense that negating doesn't cause Batman's buckle on his belt to break and he lose everything at once, it instead allows the opponent to strip Batman of his arsenal.
That makes most sense to me.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 8th, 2019, 10:08 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

It almost makes sense, but I'd alter it slightly. Batman can keep the glyphs after being negated, but when he is wounded, he chooses which of the 3 glyphs to keep and the opponent places the other 2 like normal.

More of a he gets hit and fumbles the equipment he is holding and has to choose which he will hold onto.
Old December 8th, 2019, 10:30 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I like that thematically, but I don’t see any logical basis for it rules-wise. Normally when a figure gets hit, they drop the Glyph they’re holding. So I think it makes sense for him to drop all 3 when wounded. That would be my interpretation of it sticking as close as possible to the current rules at least.
Old December 8th, 2019, 10:40 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Hmm, dropping all 3 is probably best, though we could let the player choose a glyph and have a roll to see if they hang onto it. Probably just cleaner to have all of the equipment dropped though.

That is already how it works when he is not negated though. He takes a wound and chooses which glyph to drop. Just kind of a reverse of that.
Old December 8th, 2019, 10:46 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Hmm, dropping all 3 is probably best, though we could let the player choose a glyph and have a roll to see if they hang onto it. Probably just cleaner to have all of the equipment dropped though.

That is already how it works when he is not negated though. He takes a wound and chooses which glyph to drop. Just kind of a reverse of that.
Batman doesn't loose Glyphs when wounded.
That's exactly how Apocalypse works, though, and it's spelled out on his card. If a figure without a power like that had multiple Glyphs and was wounded, they'd probably lose them all.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library