Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old November 16th, 2009, 12:58 AM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Exclamation Cheyenne, WY Tuesday game night scheduale

UPDATE: Events now will be held on some Fridays as well. Those will be posted in order bettween the normal Tuesday events in a different color.

Every Tuesday at 7:00 pm at my house is game night. I won't repeat the same game twice in the same month, except on special occasions for Heroscape. Usually I will have two games available each night. Here is the current schedual of events:

Friday November 27th 8:00 pm- Heroscape:
Primarily a demo day. I will have one normal map with no special terrain expansions or glyphs for new players. There will also be a large hexegonal shapped map to accomidate up to 6 players using several terrain expansions. Finally a Heat of Battle map useing modified Heat of battle rules that don't give as much advantage to common squads as the current rules and more balanced for ranged vs melee figures. 500 point armies, 24 hex starting zones. Several 500 point armies are provided, but feel free to bring your own.

December 1st 7:00 pm- Kingsburg:
I have Kingsburg on order from Cool Stuff inc to complement my partial order of wave 10. I would be suprised if it doesn't arrive in time, but if it doesn't then we will switch to A Touch of Evil. Either way the standby game will be Zombie Fluxx.

December 8th 7:00 pm- ORB: Insanity
Local Game Developer Eric Johnson will be demoing one of his newer prjoects called Insanity. It's part of a series of games using similar game system, but this is the only game in the project currently in print. I don't know a whole lot of details about it other than it's a crazy Roleplaying game in which your charactor is pretty much guaranteed to die. I've heard from others that have played it that it is a lot of fun. I've glanced through the rule book but have never actually played it or even seen it played. He will have extra copies available for purchase. Could make a great Christmas present. The standby game will be Uno.

Game nights at my house are free for anyone wanting to play. However they are not free for me. Therefore I ask for 50 cents per soda to help cover costs. I intend to make this into a full blown game store a few years down the road, after I'm out of the military. Till then I'd like to just help offset the costs by soda sales and occasional game sales. I have enough room in my game room/living room to accomidate at least 20 people. No need to sign up ahead of time, just show up.

Contact info:
Marshall LaFleur
307-631-7306
1311 West 32nd st
Cheyenne, WY 82001

exit I-25 on the Pershing/Randel exit. same exit as Warren AFB gate 1. heading away from gate follow Randel to the right. Take the very first right and the very first left. Small park with statue is on the left, my house is the white one with two attic windows on the right.

Last edited by Cyborgs Gaming; November 25th, 2009 at 01:59 PM. Reason: added friday night Heroscape event
Old November 18th, 2009, 02:32 PM

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Early May event in Nebraska, Colorado, or Wyoming

The original purpose of this thread was to announce an event coming up on May 7th to celebrate my 5 year tobacco free aniversary. Since it is so far away though I decided to post all upcoming events on this thread. Many are Heroscape events, but not all will be. I will always make sure to have the next Heroscape event posted though.

UPDATE: I just had a conversation with my boss a few days ago. What it came down to is now I will be able to get off earlier on Fridays and have events then too. I won't be able to all the time though. If there are big sales going on I will still have to work till normal time and I am in the National Guard which eats up one friday a month. My first friday event is a Heroscape event though.

Last edited by Cyborgs Gaming; November 25th, 2009 at 01:40 PM. Reason: added update about fridays
Old November 25th, 2009, 02:12 PM

Re: Cheyenne, WY Tuesday game night scheduale

A bit more about the next Heroscape event:

All 3 maps on Tuesday/Friday are made by me. The one for teaching new players is just basic terrain with two sets of trees from RttFF. It's kinda long an narrow, the highest points are elivation 4.

The 6 player map is sorta like Swamp helix in that you may want to take the top of the castle, or the glyph underneeth. It has the wound glyph. inside the castle so both parts are equally valuable. In our 3 player game pretty much every part of the map got used and although there were a few temporary alliances when someone got really strong, it was totally balaced bettween the 3 of us and nearly equal amounts of attacks were going in all directions. This map was a lot of fun to play on. Not isometric at all, every starting zone has different advantages and disadvantages, but none are semingly superior. Two have easier access to inside the castle while the other 4 have easier access to the top. After friday if any imbalance is found I will correct it and post it on the threads, but none were found yesterday.

The final map for HOB isn't made yet, but I plan to use snow parts. I will use light snow but slippery ice rules. I put ice on top of snow for when I want the snow to take up 2 movement instead of one. It's what I consider to be the best way to use the rules for snow. The modified rules of HOB, which are actually the rules I used before I ever learned what they use at gencon are this: 1- All figures of a squad when placed must start adjacent to another squad member, (when placeing 3 or more of a common squad though it does work out that you can have them added to the two seperate groups). 2- You may not place adjacent to an enemy figure. The first problem that comes to mind is that you may run out of places to place figures. That has never happened in any game I have played, even when we had 4 people playing on one map. What does happen is all the best places get taken, so it adds more stratagy than the current HOB rules.

One final thing. In my games it's 24 hex starting zones, not 24 hexes of creatures. Therfore stuff that doesn't start on the map doesn't count. Retchets and Airborne.. Also figures that can't get on the map at the start are considered dead. So Hive can bring them into play during the game and the zombies can come out too.
Old November 28th, 2009, 05:47 PM

Re: Cheyenne, WY Tuesday game night scheduale

not one single person showed up Friday. Even the two people that asked that I have it on a weekend so they could attend didn't show up. Because of this I will not plan any more Friday events. They are harder for me to do and there are some Fridays I can't do them at all. Tuesdays I can do fairly regularly. Perhaps in the spring the schedualing will change.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events