Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 15th, 2013, 12:48 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Northwest Heroscape Customs - new figures 10/13/2013

I agree, Richter is pretty cool. I would personally feel more comfortable with him as a Cyborg--he would still get most of the Gladiator boosts, but he couldn't bond (the Capuans only bond with Humans).

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 26th, 2013, 06:20 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Change to Chela
Chela's card has been updated to reflect input on the Venom Pincers Special Attack. Thank you everyone!

Re Richter - we really loved the way he played as a bonding figure with Capuans. We also play tested him as a Cyborg, but found him to be lacking. The strategy, game play, and overall fun was enhanced in a variety of tests at different points for us when Richter was a human that could bond with the Gladiators.

Thanks for the input.
Old October 27th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I really like Richter - he looks awesome! Him Inspired with a few Capuans would be a a scary sight, but one that looks great to play, and he is still expensive - you probably wouldn't be able to afford too many other Gladiators with him and Spartacus on the team. He looks as though he'd be an especially awesome figure to play in a mixed Classic/Marvel + C3G game when backed by some common Gladiators and Spartacus.

You do of course realise now that, in honour of the Heroscape tradition of 'dropping hints' you have to design the Alien Invaders in Richter's biography.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 27th, 2013, 11:30 AM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
You do of course realise now that, in honour of the Heroscape tradition of 'dropping hints' you have to design the Alien Invaders in Richter's biography.

Oh yeah .. certainly more coming from Northwest 'Scapers ..
Old October 28th, 2013, 10:15 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Now in the OP of this thread . . .

We present Torver, a stone giant, and Kyssandra, Queen of the Vipers.

Granite Guardians and Armoc Vipers have met their leaders.

We welcome your feedback.

Oh, and a new card for the Bloodhunter Harpies has been uploaded which changes the name of one of their special powers. Thanks for catching it Quozl.
Old October 28th, 2013, 11:04 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

After the Granite Guardian is thrown, Torver's card does not make it clear who is the one potentially receiving wounds: a figure next to the GG or next to big T?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 29th, 2013, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
After the Granite Guardian is thrown, Torver's card does not make it clear who is the one potentially receiving wounds: a figure next to the GG or next to big T?
The intent is a figure next to the thrown Granite Guardian.

We'll clarify the wording.

--
Also to clarify, Torver can use Boulder Throw and then his normal attack.
Old November 25th, 2013, 10:20 PM

Re: Northwest Heroscape Customs - new figures 11/25/2013

It has been close to a month since we last added new customs to the OP. Today we present:

Zaiken - The first of our Primordial species. Zaiken is the water primordial that bonds with Sahuagin Raiders and Water Elementals.

and

Sylvan Animae - our very first custom that was developed many, many moons ago. Yes, even before the Eilan Sidhe were released by C3V. Both units use the same figures.

We welcome any and all input.
Old November 26th, 2013, 12:45 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Sylvan Animae are very cool -- I love the "portable jungle" ability. And hey, I already have the figures!

A question about this:

"Sylvan Animae cannot be targeted or attacked by special powers that destroy them in one attack." What does that cover, exactly? I think it protects them from Chomp or other auto-destroy powers (Braxas' PAB etc) but you have "attack" in there, and I don't know if that means a special attack, but couldn't all SAs destroy them with one attack, if they roll no shields?
Old November 26th, 2013, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
Sylvan Animae are very cool -- I love the "portable jungle" ability.

"Sylvan Animae cannot be targeted or attacked by special powers that destroy them in one attack." What does that cover, exactly? I think it protects them from Chomp or other auto-destroy powers (Braxas' PAB etc) but you have "attack" in there, and I don't know if that means a special attack, but couldn't all SAs destroy them with one attack, if they roll no shields?
The Portable Tree concept is really where they started.

The destroyed in one attack is actually language adapted from Destructible Objects "Fortress Door."

Quote:
Page 5: Fortress Rule Book:

Attacking and Defending: The Door may be attack by a normal attack, a special attack, or by special powers that only cause wounds. The Door cannot be targeted or attack by special powers that may destroy it in one attack.
The concept was that you cannot target and destroy a jungle bush or palm tree ... and since the Sylvan Animae transform into trees - they can gain that limited indestructibility. And they are "constructed" so they can't be poisoned or lethal stung by Retchets.

It is a bit of an odd power that doesn't come into play too often. In one play test, they did go against Grimnak and the Gruts - so they couldn't be Chomped. But the Gruts chopped them down pretty viciously.

It is not intended to prevent wounds from Special Attacks.

You also can't move through trees normally - so they have that benefit as well (no phantom walking through them).

Actually they were our first custom that made (over a year ago). We playtested them before the Eilan Sidhe. When the Wolfen Uniques came out they became a cheap 40-point filler to add to the "Hunter" start zone for the movement bump on Round 1. But really that power was for Quasatch.

Also - we are working on a Primordial of the Forest to help them out (maybe some bonding and/or other powers for our Wave 2 release).
Old November 26th, 2013, 02:07 PM

Zaiken is a very fun figure and as the first of our Primordials he specializes in the element of Water. And he's an inexpensive Heroclix figure (about $3 on eBay).

He bonds with the Sahuagin Raiders and Water Elementals. His bonding power has him take his turn first and then his common heroes follow. Since he bonds with Sahuagin Raiders - if he wounds a hero on his turn - that helps boost the 'Raiders Blood Frenzy.

Army builds during playtesting generally started with Zaiken + 4 Sahuagin Raiders which is 200 points. You can then round out from there with Water Elementals and other figures.

ARMY IDEAS:
Spoiler Alert!
Old November 26th, 2013, 05:03 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
Sylvan Animae are very cool -- I love the "portable jungle" ability.

The Portable Tree concept is really where they started.

The destroyed in one attack is actually language adapted from Destructible Objects "Fortress Door."

Quote:
Page 5: Fortress Rule Book:

Attacking and Defending: The Door may be attack by a normal attack, a special attack, or by special powers that only cause wounds. The Door cannot be targeted or attack by special powers that may destroy it in one attack.
The concept was that you cannot target and destroy a jungle bush or palm tree ... and since the Sylvan Animae transform into trees - they can gain that limited indestructibility. And they are "constructed" so they can't be poisoned or lethal stung by Retchets.

It is a bit of an odd power that doesn't come into play too often. In one play test, they did go against Grimnak and the Gruts - so they couldn't be Chomped. But the Gruts chopped them down pretty viciously.

It is not intended to prevent wounds from Special Attacks.

You also can't move through trees normally - so they have that benefit as well (no phantom walking through them).

Actually they were our first custom that made (over a year ago). We playtested them before the Eilan Sidhe. When the Wolfen Uniques came out they became a cheap 40-point filler to add to the "Hunter" start zone for the movement bump on Round 1. But really that power was for Quasatch.

Also - we are working on a Primordial of the Forest to help them out (maybe some bonding and/or other powers for our Wave 2 release).
I figured that's what the power actually did, I guess I just got hung up on the word "attack" (since, you know, Chomp is not a normal attack, and it's not a special attack, but you can attack someone with it, even though you don't roll attack dice -- I think this line of reasoning will give me a heart attack!)

It looks like an interesting power set (I'm making some Portable Evergreens, myself). Have they brought Dund back to the table yet?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards