Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old September 19th, 2016, 10:32 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: 3D Terrain Stl Files

Genious, @srmalloy . You should do more Items on those tree bases. I'm thinking some giant mushrooms. I'm just saying I'm going to be making some from scratch. I'm really jealous of those crystals.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 19th, 2016, 12:03 PM

srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Genious, @srmalloy. You should do more Items on those tree bases. I'm thinking some giant mushrooms. I'm just saying I'm going to be making some from scratch. I'm really jealous of those crystals.

You don't need to reinvent the wheel; if you want giant mushrooms, you could use any of these existing mushroom designs from Thingiverse and attach them to a tree base. They all have separate caps and stems, so you could print the stems in a white/cream filament, then do the caps in red, brown, white, or orange for more variety.

I've got an order of a bunch of ProtoParadigm's $5 Filament that's expected to arrive today; the order has five different translucent colors that I'll be using to print crystals with for a better appearance. Once I have some samples, I'll be posting those.
Old September 19th, 2016, 01:30 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@srmalloy , One thing is missing. I don't own a 3d Printer. Would you be willing to sell some of the crystals. I think they are super awesome looking and I wouldn't care if they were just plain clear translucent. As then they could be painted with a colored wash. If you are interested, send me a price for a crystal via pm. If you don't, it wont break my heart. But I am interested. I've bought 3d printed stuff from @White Knight a couple of times.

Old September 19th, 2016, 02:32 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Been quietly following this thread. Just popping up to say this stuff is amazing, and each update makes me geek out a little bit more.

Props.
Old September 19th, 2016, 04:25 PM

srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
@srmalloy, One thing is missing. I don't own a 3d Printer. Would you be willing to sell some of the crystals. I think they are super awesome looking and I wouldn't care if they were just plain clear translucent. As then they could be painted with a colored wash. If you are interested, send me a price for a crystal via pm. If you don't, it wont break my heart. But I am interested. I've bought 3d printed stuff from @White Knight a couple of times.

I'll have to see how much filament and time on the machine they take up; I'll know better when I've got the translucent filament; unless there's a package waiting for me when I get home, except for the blue I printed the waterfall in, all the filament I have is opaque.
Old September 19th, 2016, 05:11 PM
"like" happy

@srmalloy , if its reasonable for time and money to get some, I think that would be awesome.

Old September 19th, 2016, 05:48 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
@srmalloy , One thing is missing. I don't own a 3d Printer. Would you be willing to sell some of the crystals. I think they are super awesome looking and I wouldn't care if they were just plain clear translucent. As then they could be painted with a colored wash. If you are interested, send me a price for a crystal via pm. If you don't, it wont break my heart. But I am interested. I've bought 3d printed stuff from @White Knight a couple of times.
I can vouch for TREX--he's a good buyer.
Old September 20th, 2016, 07:23 PM

Aargh. It's 1600, and the USPS tracking widget still says the expected delivery date of my filament is yesterday, so I'll have to wait another day to try doing crystals.

I had another thought about the tile customizer I put up on Thingiverse -- it's going to thrash Virtualscape some to keep up. While you can add new tiles with the 'personal tiles' function, the single, double, triangle, and 7-hex tiles are already in Virtualscape's geometry, but not the 3- and 4-hex straights, the 4-hex diamond, and the 6-hex block. Additionally, the 5-hex straight is only available as the RTTF 'bridge' piece, not in the 'personal tiles' option. And there's no way to create personal half-height tiles (water/ice/lava/shadow). I'm going to have to go over to the Virtualscape thread and ask Zzzzz about it...

Update: A day later, and I'm printing the crystal outcrop with the 'Crystal Clear' filament from the package that showed up today; once that's done (2h25m on the printer), I'll be able to weigh it and get a materials cost. Tomorrow I'll hit up the post office at work to see if any of their boxes are a good size; if not, I'll dig through my collection. And the result from the first run:

A much better crystal appearance than the grey filament. Now to run through the other transparent colors I got.

Last edited by srmalloy; September 21st, 2016 at 10:38 PM.
Old September 23rd, 2016, 01:20 PM

Feeding my ego, the first posted derivation from the tile design I put up on Thingiverse has been done. Mrhers2 posted a picture of a tile he'd printed using the face texture from his own tile designs mixed with a pillar he'd used in his own designs:

It's going to be fun seeing where other people take the basic design I put up. Hasbro may have turfed the molds for Heroscape to WoTC to use penuriously in AotP, but we can keep it fresh despite the neglect.
Old September 23rd, 2016, 02:09 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Excellent.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old September 23rd, 2016, 08:42 PM
"like" happy

I love those crystals.

Old September 23rd, 2016, 09:10 PM

Quote:
I love those crystals.
The crystals printed hollow are much lighter than the one I printed 'stock' with infill, too -- the grey crystal group is 30 grams, the hollow ones are 14, a dual benefit of using less material and having a more crystal-like appearance.

And a couple of additional object bases derived from a replication of the one-hex RTTF tree base. Not as flashy as the crystals, but...

I want to see if I can't do the same range of nine layouts for the object bases that I did for the terrain tiles, to give people as much flexibility as possible when building objects to add to maps.

Last edited by srmalloy; September 23rd, 2016 at 10:48 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles