Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old April 30th, 2007, 09:28 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Me-Burq-Sa

The Book of Me-Burq-Sa
Utgar's Rage - Collection 2 - "Heroes of Barrenspur"

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: The viciousness of Ne-Gok-Sa could only be matched by one soulless warlord, Me-Burq-Sa. This leader commands attention as he rides in on top of this Marro horse whose skeletal body brings grimace to even the toughest soldiers in battle. Me-Burq-Sa carries a powerful plasma blaster at his side, although with his presence and daunting stare, he almost has no need for it. His stare is so powerful that sometimes his enemies cannot even muster the strength to defend themselves against his relentless attack. (Hasbro)
-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - SU-BAK-NA : Hive Supremacy
    Belonging to the Marro race, Me-Burq-Sa may benefit from Su-Bak-Na’s HIVE SUPREMACY d20 enhancement.

- ROMAN LEGIONNAIRES : Warlord Bonding
    As a warlord, Me-Burq-Sa may benefit from Roman Legionnaires' WARLORD BONDING synergy.

- GROK RIDERS : Warlord Bonding
    As a warlord, Me-Burq-Sa may benefit from Grok Riders' WARLORD BONDING synergy.

- ORNAK : Red Flag of Fury
    As a unique hero that follows Utgar, Me-Burq-Sa may benefit from Ornak’s RED FLAG OF FURY activation synergy.

Death Chasers of Thesk: Taskmaster Bonding
    As a Large Wild Hero, Me-Burq-Sa may benefit from Death Chasers of Thesk's TASKMASTER BONDING activation synergy.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - N/A
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Strategy Notes:
  • - At 50 points, you can't pass up Me-Burq-Sa! He is deadly from a distance, but watch out! With only 3 defense dice, he doesn't last long when figures get near him. Me-Burq-Sa is excellent as a 2nd wave attack. Once your first few figures have become engaged and begun attacking, that's when he can move in. Keep him as far out as you can while using Paralyzing Stare. With his range of 6, there is no reason to bring him any closer. It'll just give your opponent a chance to pick him off quicker. (Hasbro FAQ)

Who is affected by Me-Burq-Sa's Special Powers?
  • - Paralyzing Stare 16: Any small or medium figure within 6 spaces of Me-Burq-Sa. (Hasbro FAQ)

Who else could I draft with Me-Burq-Sa?
  • - Raelin the Kyrie Warrior
    Raelin will boost Me-Burq-Sa's biggest weakness, his defense. If you keep Me-Burq-Sa within 4 clear sight spaces of Raelin, she can help to keep him on the battlefield a bit longer. However, using Raelin to keep Me-Burq-Sa safe in the background may weaken her ability to cover the rest of your army in her defensive aura. (Hasbro FAQ)

- Kelda the Kyrie Warrior
    Just like Raelin, Kelda can be used to keep Me-Burq-Sa on the battlefield a bit longer. You should station Kelda near Me-Burq-Sa, but far enough away that attacking figures won't be able to target her unless they get past Me-Burq-Sa.
    (Hasbro FAQ)

Who does Me-Burq-Sa work well against?
  • - Anyone Small or Medium Figure
    Who doesn't Me-Burq-Sa work well against! As long as you can keep him out of range of most of your opponent's army, he is a formidable opponent. Just watch out for the approaching Krug, Mimring, Charos, etc. His stare doesn't work against those larger figures. (Hasbro FAQ)

- Krav Maga Agents
    If you are successful with your Paralyzing Stare roll against the Krav Maga Agents, you have taken away their only ability. They will be reduced to target practice for Me-Burq-Sa, and will be unable to stop their impending doom.
    (Hasbro FAQ)

- Sentinels of Jandar
    If you are successful with your Paralyzing Stare roll against the Sentinels of Jandar, you have taken away their only ability. Those "tough to destroy" Sentinels will be much easier to destroy without their Shields of Valor. (Hasbro FAQ)

Power Rankings

Jexik: Me-Burq-Sa- An excellent addition to any Roman army, Me-Burq-Sa’s Paralyzing Stare can take down high-defense figures and bypass special abilities. A-
OEAO: A
Cleon: Tier 9 (15/208)
dok (VC inclusive): A-

Master Index
Me Burq Sa
Vs. Tough? http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=3306
Paralyzing Stare on Drake? http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=985
Must attack? http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=3494

Unit Strategy Review
  • - TBA

Last edited by superfrog; June 7th, 2019 at 01:11 PM. Reason: vc added
Old May 8th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The Book of Marrden Hounds reminded me of Me-Burq-Sa's movement and something that may be overlooked.
Don't forget this Warlord is a size 7 with a move of 8.
It's amazing to get that marro horse climbing height 6 cliff faces!

One of my all-time favorite heroes!
Old May 8th, 2007, 08:39 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
Sweet figure/stats, sweet scuplt, always a force to be reconned with. Also, he's large so any specials that involve 'small or medium figures' do not apply to Me-Burq-Sa. Definately one of my all time fav. figure.

Old May 9th, 2007, 08:52 AM

Aranas has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
....Don't forget this Warlord is a size 7 with a move of 8. It's amazing to get that marro horse climbing height 6 cliff faces!
On rare occasion, if flanked on both sides, he can even "walk" over a ruin (height=6)!!

Remember also that he is not FORCED to attack the figure he tried to paralyse. Successfull or not, Me-Burq-Sa can still attack the figurine of his choice.

Also, though you can use the special power to "paralyse" Drake Alexander from range, the following normal attack would still be useless against Drake.

Aranas

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old May 9th, 2007, 10:45 AM
Flunked Ebay

MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker
Just curious. I've heard the discussion over wether you could paralyze one figure and then shoot another. Why would you want to do so?

The only thing that I can think of is if you misread the card and accidently parazlyed Drake (as stated above), but for an attentive player there seems to be NO reason on earth to do so...unless I'm missing something?

Adam

Good Traders: Maska, Fallen Templar, Punisher Fan, loborocket, Marduk, Brotharon

324 figures and counting!

Check me out here:
http://www.myspace.com/mksentinel

And FOR EVERYONE'S SAKE, BEFORE YOU POST YOUR BRILLIANT QUESTION,

Self-induced illiteracy should be a crime!!!
Old May 9th, 2007, 10:58 AM

ASmiles Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
Just curious. I've heard the discussion over wether you could paralyze one figure and then shoot another. Why would you want to do so?
I don't think that it's a matter of not wanting to attack a paralyzed figure. It's more a case of I want to try and paralyze figure A. If I'm successful, I'll attack figure A. But if I fail, then I'd rather attack figure B.

Some examples of where this would be useful:

1. Syvarris & Raelin. Syvarris if paralyzed, Raelin if not.

2. MBS is engaged with 2 figures, one is a samurai and the other is not. No counterstrike is possible if you're paralyzed.

As to the example of paralyzing Drake, it's pointless because you can't attack. You are always better off trying to paralyze your intended target.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Record in Beantown Beatdown Tournaments 15-1-1
Old February 4th, 2008, 12:45 AM

Darkomen57 has disabled reputation
When I face him, he always falls really easily with doing very little, if anything.
Old February 4th, 2008, 08:31 AM

OmniMoose knows what's in an order marker OmniMoose knows what's in an order marker
I have a bit of a conundrum for this figure. I had 2 friends over. We played a 2 on 1 match. To make it even I gave the one who was alone 2 sets of order markers. He activated Me-Burq-Sa, used paralyzing stare successfully but attacked someone else. He then activated Stingers in that same turn, but used them to attack the "paralyzed" figure under the assumption that it still had no defense, I'm pretty sure this works, I'd just like some clarification from 'Scapers.
Old February 4th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDino
I have a bit of a conundrum for this figure. I had 2 friends over. We played a 2 on 1 match. To make it even I gave the one who was alone 2 sets of order markers. He activated Me-Burq-Sa, used paralyzing stare successfully but attacked someone else. He then activated Stingers in that same turn, but used them to attack the "paralyzed" figure under the assumption that it still had no defense, I'm pretty sure this works, I'd just like some clarification from 'Scapers.
Nope it is only for MBS's turn. Once that order marker is 'done' and he moved on to the Stingers, it was a new turn.
Old April 3rd, 2008, 10:57 PM

MechaBeast is surprisingly tart
Aww nuts. I knew that paralyzing stare had a "this turn" clause but it looks like the new marro calvary wont be benefiting.

But its good to see MBS can get some meat shields other than romans to tie people down.

...and then he used his fight money to buy two of every animal, and then he herded them all onto a boat and then he beat the crap out every single one.

Old April 4th, 2008, 08:56 AM

SVD997 knows what's in an order marker SVD997 knows what's in an order marker
I really like Me-Burq-Sa. He is dirt cheap for his stats. 50 points for a move 8, range 6, and 25% chance to kill the defenders defense. Yes, he only has an attack of three, but with height advantage and a no defense chance, MBS is pretty good. I like him, and he is a valuable addition to any army.
Old April 5th, 2008, 11:48 PM

NiteRaider is surprisingly tart
I am always weary of drafting those who have low life spans. This is another example of a character who could get killed off in 1-2 turns in my mind. Still, a fast move number and the ability to negate the defense are positives. Of course, you still have to roll something to hit. pretty much wastes a good paralyze roll.

RRW
10/21/1935-02/01/2008
StarImpact
The Menagerie

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units