Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape
Battlefields of Star Wars Scape HoSS Maps and Scenarios

Old March 19th, 2013, 06:01 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: Battlefields of Star Wars 'Scape - BoSS

First off, built WK's newest Jundland Waste...WOWZERS!

Nice job, WK! It looks great! I love the ruins in the middle. I also like the two middle mountains and how they are higher than the rest of the height.

Secondly, Mos Eisley Cantina does look good. I'll build that when I'm done with JW.

And finally, we'd be happy to see them YK!
Old March 19th, 2013, 06:07 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I created a map for the Endor Shield Generator in the virtual scape program and then build it for real to make sure it all held up together without any problems.

I used the maximum number of sets allowed: 1 RotV, 1 Marvel, 1 Castle, & 2 RttFF. I also used every piece available except for the water tiles & flag.

Used some Starwars minis in the pics to add some flavor. I also have two different versions of this map, with and without the outside wall barriers. I know they don't exist in the movie, but I really liked what they added to the map.

I took some pics in the virtual builder too so you could see where I put the start zones as well as an inside look at the structure, but for some reason photobucket is not taking them. It says they are not the correct file type or something like that, which is odd since I just uploaded some virtual pics of a different map last week without any problems.

If you guys are interested in the map, I'll upload the build file.

*edit* Here are the files for the two versions I made, with and without the outer barrier walls.

Endor Shield Generator

Endor w/o Barriers

Make sure to use all the ladders as directed if you choose to build it, the ladder pieces help hold the roof together and in place.

Oh, and here is a look at inside the building.

And a front view so you can see the start zones I have in mind.

Their are 3 blue start zone spaces behind each of the largest trees for the forward scouts and 12 blue spaces in total on each half of the map. Then the Red team has 6 start zones outside in front of the door, and 2 each on the sides close to the ladders going up. This is for the guards & patrols. The other 14 start zone spaces are inside the building. While the side start zones give a few of the red teams units a chance to move on top of the building and a nice defensive advantage, when the rest of the team exits the building to join the fight they will be moving out into a killing field as the entry way is wide open with some high ground hills on the outer edge of the map.

If you wanted to make a scenario out of it, having the blue team place a bomb marker on each of the raised sections inside would work quite well and force that team to fight their way inside. You could then have them fight their way back out of the building once they place the bomb markers by having some imperial reinforcements arrive outside while they are inside. Perhaps split the Imperial players forces into two groups, with about half starting out in defense of the building (red start zone) and then the other half arriving in the blue start zones as reinforcements once the rebels have moved inside.

Last edited by Yodaking; March 22nd, 2013 at 11:55 PM.
Old March 19th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Wow, awesome! What is that AT-ST from? It is sized perfectly for SW Minis but isn't the SW minis AT-ST, I don't think.
Old March 19th, 2013, 07:53 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I've had that thing for about 6 years now (and it is still unpainted lol), I believe it was a snap fit model I bought at Walmart.

*edit* I believe this is it(2 left @ $17, it was cheaper when I bought it off the shelf), but it has been a long time since I have seen the box it came in.

Last edited by Yodaking; March 19th, 2013 at 08:00 PM.
Old March 19th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Don't forget the stage, and the front and back doors (opening to the sand), and the inner room with it's own table!
Thanks for the positive comments everyone! It took a while to build; and I tried to follow this guide as much as possible. I played about 4 games on it a while ago and it felt balanced. Widening the front and back doors was a good gameplay change from the original.

Since the height is on the tables, people rush for those and also the bandstand. The bar is also hotly contested.

Last edited by Arch-vile; March 19th, 2013 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Just noticed I missed quite a few posts, haha
Old March 20th, 2013, 06:27 AM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Made some slight changes to Mos Eisley Cantina:

Download

Most notable is terrain requirements. Now it's BftU, Marvel, and FotA. With that comes the rest of the changes...startzones and dungeon instead of rock. Everything else is the same.

I had to laugh...the first time I tried this I couldn't figure out how to just dungeon to show and everything else to be regular terrain. I figured I couldn't so I closed the window and immediately though, "FOTA!!!" I went back in an filled every gap with Wall Walks and that's what we have now.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 01:09 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Please ignore my derp post. Worng thread.

Last edited by orgsbane; March 22nd, 2013 at 01:19 PM.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 01:37 PM
Archie

Looks good HS2010. I can't build that version (no BftU), which is why I made the original one with RotV instead. This one looks a bit nicer and has bigger start zones, which is a plus.

There is a problem with your version though; one start zone has a 1-hex entry while the other has a 3-hex entry. Both should be 2-hex entries for best playability, IMO. That is why I put the door over the bottommost table-chairs area.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 01:55 PM
C3G Landlord

I like the original Arch version better. It just has the right overall look to it, the second version is missing something that I can't quite place my finger on.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 03:39 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Looks good HS2010. I can't build that version (no BftU), which is why I made the original one with RotV instead. This one looks a bit nicer and has bigger start zones, which is a plus.
AV,
I took your design and expanded the start zones for 24 hex armies. (Note: that I moved the door to be an inner room to match your picture, not your VS file.)

I still prefer the look of your version, but here is the expanded version:
Old March 22nd, 2013, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post

There is a problem with your version though; one start zone has a 1-hex entry while the other has a 3-hex entry. Both should be 2-hex entries for best playability, IMO. That is why I put the door over the bottommost table-chairs area.
That's your fault.

Look at this post. The real life picture is different than the VS picture/Download as YK has pointed out. So don't be running on me about that, run over yourself.

I too, agree with YK, the cantina floor looks more like Rock than it does a light grey (dungeon).
Old March 22nd, 2013, 04:38 PM
Archie

Ah, I forgot to update the Virtualscape files. Blame the Wookiee.

WK's latest version looks great; I did not think of using leftover rock to create the 24-hex start zones (I imagine you also used grass as a bottom layer in parts of the Cantina). I think a special rule for flying would be a good addition to this map.

Inside a Building
Figures may not fly, leap, or be thrown over the fortress walls.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape