Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old November 18th, 2006, 04:03 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
InfinityMax Shows Off - Skyscraper Custom Dice Tower

I used to have a thread where I posted stuff every time I wanted to brag about myself, but I can't find it any more, so here's another one.

I'm opening this one up with the custom tower I just sent to Joah.

I had to cut the sides at an angle, using the miter guide for my table saw, and then I had to drill a tiny hole to thread them onto the scroll saw and cut out the interior triangles on the front. I also had to make the tower more skinny overall, because I added layers at the bottom to make it taper to the top and add some dimension. The jutting angle at the front gave me room to add a little landing pad over the exit door, and as a great side benefit, that really controls the dice as they bounce out the front of the tower.

All that wood-cutting was cool, but the tray was also no slouch. Rather than just print out the design and glue it in, I wanted to keep the foam visible underneath. So I designed it and printed it, then cut it out carefully with an Xacto, so I could glue it one little piece at a time.

Anyway, that's me showing off for the day. I'm pretty happy with this one.
Old November 18th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Oh, and as long as I'm showing off custom dice towers, here's the pirate tower I made for Wisinger last summer:

I wanted a pirate cloth around the top, so I found this really gauzy maroon fabric, tied it and glued it, then glued the ends down with little gold-colored coins I found at the craft store. The whole outside is a treasure map that actually wraps all the way around, and the tray is decorated to look like driftwood with a little plaque on the front that says,

'Propertye of Wisinger'

The tray has a bunch of graphics cut out and glued to the foam, like the skyscraper. There's a skull and crossbones in the tray, and the interior floors of the tower show drops of blood and gold coins.
Old November 18th, 2006, 04:24 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
That's a nice Towering Tower! Did you get any pictures of the inside of the tray? There's just enough showing to get a hint of what it looks like...

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old November 18th, 2006, 05:15 PM

deadeyedan42 has disabled reputation
Nice! I would show mine but it is so ugly it turned Suduma to stone!

FINISH HIM!
Old November 18th, 2006, 08:03 PM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
That's a nice Towering Tower! Did you get any pictures of the inside of the tray? There's just enough showing to get a hint of what it looks like...

Jim
Hope these help Jim. Trust me when I say, it looks sooo much cooler than my crappy digital camera shows.

This is a horrible shot of the logoed D6. Very cool, Imax.

Something I forgot to mention was, I almost forgot to even fill out the survey/enter the contest.
It popped into my head the morning of the last day.

Old November 18th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joah
Something I forgot to mention was, I almost forgot to even fill out the survey/enter the contest.
It popped into my head the morning of the last day.
Old November 18th, 2006, 09:34 PM
Man Genius

Nether may be a little jealous because he was actually the first person to return his survey. Plus we've already been talking about what we could do, and I've got a bunch of stuff I picked up just in case (tough to find little plastic skulls after Halloween, so I stocked up). I even started on the rose pattern I mean to make in intaglio on the front panel, and have my eye on a fabric swatch that will simultaneously make a great hood for the skull and a cool little tie-in to the tray.

And see, now I'm all excited. I was going to watch some TV and play video games, and now I'm going to end up cutting wood and playing around on the scroll saw.
Old November 18th, 2006, 11:46 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
can you make towers with designs as per request? Did wisinger request the pirate design, or did you pick it for him?
Old November 19th, 2006, 01:30 AM
Man Genius

Wisinger gave me several ideas, and pirates was one of them. I looked at what he had, and decided this was the one I could make the most bitchin'. He didn't actually know it was a pirate thing until I handed it to him, but it was one of the things in which he stated an interest.

Joah asked for something with a dark sci-fi feel. I thought of those huge cool skyscrapers in Bladerunner. I also pulled from Akira and Max Headroom and Johnny Mnemonic for design ideas, and a little bit of whatever dark-future science-fiction ideas I could invent.

To actually answer your question instead of veering off on a tangent, yes, I can design to your request. I don't just go 'you seem like you would like a tower with dinosaurs' and you're stuck with it. If you don't mention that you want a dinosaur tower, you won't get one. I want you to be absolutely giddy with delight - as you should be if you pay nearly two hundred dollars for a gaming accessory.
Old November 19th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
That's really great stuff, IMax. I continue to be impressed and am saving my pennies to see, eventually, what you'll do in a monastic motif.
Old November 19th, 2006, 10:19 AM

DarkSpade Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax
I want you to be absolutely giddy with delight - as you should be if you pay nearly two hundred dollars for a gaming accessory.

They payed that much!? You do some great work Imax, but surely this is a joke?

I suppose I could see how something would add up to that much, but I can't see most gamers springing the cash for it.

"Y'know, I sort of assumed this hero of destiny thing would involve a lot less devastation in our wake."
Links to terrain making guides
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...c.php?p=280715
Old November 19th, 2006, 10:35 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Woah! That is spiffy! Love the tapering edges and the triangular strut supports. Imax, you could've just done an big skyscraper - but the spotlights! The spotlights and flying vehicles, and overpass! Beautiful touches. Just need a giant monkey holding a blonde in his hand...
I guess I missed something - did Joah win a contest? If so, congratulations, Joah!
Also, that's a Vixentor D6! Too cool.
One more thing: What's the 'W' on the building stand for?

Again, I Loooooove the spotlights!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General