Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old September 11th, 2007, 10:53 PM

screamingvermillian has disabled reputation
Official one on one competetive tournament play scenarios?

Are there any tournament rules for setting up a board and competing with an army vs. another army?

I knwo Warhammer has a set rule... usually bring 3 terrain each, roll on a scenario chart or something, and an X point army is standard, take turns placing terrain, the set up army, etc...

anything like that been standardized in this game yet? I just bought some Marvelscape and some wave 7 and just trying to find out some info.

Scape on!?
Old September 11th, 2007, 10:56 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Yes. Read the Competetive Armies on "Army building for Dummies", and read spider_poison's Power Rankings. That should give you an idea of what to use in a tournament. Also, the specifics vary by event.
And did Aldin greet you yet? Welcome!

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old September 11th, 2007, 11:06 PM

Soooo... the answer to my question is

1.) 500 pts.
2.) Terrain's going to be randomish
3.) Scenario's going to be randomish

Things unanswered

4.) Why the hate on Marvelscape? Was it not designed with full integration into Heroscape Universe or something? and then WHY DID I BUY IT THEN!?!
Old September 12th, 2007, 12:41 AM

MegadeV knows what's in an order marker MegadeV knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingvermillian
4.) Why the hate on Marvelscape? Was it not designed with full integration into Heroscape Universe or something? and then WHY DID I BUY IT THEN!?!
Some people are Heroscape "purists" and don't want any established characters from other popular genres to infect their games. Just ignore those people. The Marvel figures work just fine when mixed with regular Heroscape, they are just more powerful than most of the regular units.

The map(s) used in tournaments is really just up to whoever is organizing the event. There hasn't really been any "official" rules from Hasbro regarding tournaments, but several of the maps from the scenarios provided in the rulebooks are often used.

9+ RotV - 7 SotM - 6 FotAk - 6 RttFF - 3 VW - 3 TT - 3 TJ - 1 Marvel - 3+ of each common - playing since Dec '05

Megadev's Repaints and Customs
BattletechScape
Old September 12th, 2007, 02:04 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
I think what you're looking for is here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old September 12th, 2007, 02:25 AM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!
There are no official tournament rules. The community has done a lot of work to create a fair set of rules and tournament-worthy maps.

Here's one set of rules, I think it's still work-in-progress.
Old September 12th, 2007, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
That's nice and all, but not really what I was looking for. UNLESS those are like, official tournament maps that have been communcally standardized into THE definitive maps that people choose from when playing in tournaments.
Old September 12th, 2007, 11:27 AM

TOG knows what's in an order marker TOG knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingvermillian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
That's nice and all, but not really what I was looking for. UNLESS those are like, official tournament maps that have been communcally standardized into THE definitive maps that people choose from when playing in tournaments.
About as close you're gonna get to 'Official' and 'Definitive' maps is here. The maps used for the GenCon 2007 Tournaments.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion