Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old August 29th, 2007, 05:45 AM

fostorial is surprisingly tart
New DC Customs - Booster Gold & Solomon Grundy - Updated

Here's my first attempt at Heroscape customs so don't be too harsh. The pricing is based on the official figures as best I could but these may change over time.

Booster Gold - Time travelling high tech adventurer from the future.

His stats aren't that good but the cost of him is brought up by the special abilities. Being able to decide the dice rolls for friend or enemy (he knows the outcomes because it is history to him) is a pretty powerful ability.

Solomon Grundy - An undead monster, sometimes crime lord, sometimes slave, this one just won't stay down!

His defence and attack are pretty high but most of his cost comes from the fact he returns to life after 7 turns as long as other figures are active.

Any opinions? What do you guys think?

HS Card Factory (Online applet) - A simplified custom making tool!! (Designed for java 1.6, may work with 1.5)
Old August 29th, 2007, 05:51 AM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker
Grundy seems very interesting, although there is a typo in "Died on a Sunday" - "leave a l wound markers in place". Also, what is an "Earth-base hex"?

As for Booster Gold, I have no idea what Future History does. Can you elaborate?
Old August 29th, 2007, 06:04 AM

Oh right, that should read all for Grundy. Earth based is meant to mean any earthy type like grass, swamp, snow. Basically not concrete. Didn't wanna have him start at the start because his movement is so low.

Future History on booster lets you choose the outcome of any combat roll, no matter who rolled it, for up to 3 dice. Basically lets you decide the outcome of dice rolls.
Old August 29th, 2007, 07:21 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
I would recommend something like this then for booster gold:

Choose an attacking or defending figure within three clear sight spaces of booster gold including booster gold. You may change the outcome of a number of attack and/or defense dice rolled to any outcome you desire based on the number of dice shown on the table below. Future history may only be used once per order marker activation.

For solomon Grundy, you will need to define what you can and cannot start on, instead of earth, say grass, swamp, water, stone, sand (or simply, not concrete and pavement).

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old August 29th, 2007, 09:55 AM
Best Marvel Role-Player ('07 CoNny Award)

Troll Warrior is surprisingly tart
Solomon Grundy was buried on a Sunday.

Solomon Grundy,
Born on a Monday,
Cristened on Tuesday,
Married on Wednesday,
Ill on Thursday,
Worse on Friday,
Died on Saturday,
Buried on Sunday,
And that's the end of Solomon Grundy.
Old August 29th, 2007, 10:34 AM

Knew relying on my memory was a bad idea for the Grundy thing. I'll change that to buried, update where he can respawn and update booster too when I get home from work.

I'll try editing the original post with the updates, might post a few more if I have time too. Got Swamp Thing, Gorilla Grodd and the Darkness (not DC but still awesome) planned out but haven't made the cards yet.
Old August 29th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Fostorial,
I'm keen to your cards!
Love Booster Gold's dice altering abilities. As it presently states, it alters dice rolls. It can be argued the D20 comes into play during combat - Mind Shackle, Frenzy, Toxic Skin, Plague, etc. Perhaps non-D20 clause can be added or a more precise indication of combat?

Altering the D20 is too potent, IMO. Perhaps exclude D20 rolls altogether.

I like Solomon Grundy's rejected by death-type ability.
Like Thanos, I would avoid him for much of the early game and/or whittle him down oh so gently. :P

Anyway, I'm a bornagain DC fan thanks to the Showcase Presents collections that are currently besieging my house. I'm looking forward to more of your customs!
Old August 29th, 2007, 02:57 PM

Just uploaded the revised versions.

Booster v2 - Changed wording and moved wording around a bit.

Solomon Grundy - Corrected quotation of when he was buried, added super strength icon and fixed typo.

They should just appear in the original post. What do you think?

HS Card Factory (Online applet) - A simplified custom making tool!! (Designed for java 1.6, may work with 1.5)
Old August 29th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by fostorial
Just uploaded the revised versions.

Booster v2 - Changed wording and moved wording around a bit.

What do you think?
I like it. Some may argue the description's not consistent with HS standard wording, but I'm happy with the wording
I absolutely love the ability and think it has some good restrictions to keep it in check. I'd think playtesting will reveal the sight space limit would need to be increased.
Good stuff, fostorial!
Old August 29th, 2007, 04:52 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I don't get Future History any more. When does it work; during Booster Gold's attack? The order marker restriction isn't particularly clear and confuses things. Right now I'd say he can only use it when he attacks, but I don't think that was your intention, nor do I think that's what it clearly says either.

Use the Flying icon if you don't have room for the entire power.

Assuming you mean for Future History to work on his own defense rolls, Booster Gold has a 4.375% of taking a hit from a ranged attack of any kind. Personally I'd simplify things by either making Energy Shield a D20 roll or just making him completely immune from all attacks from a non-adjacent figure.
Old August 29th, 2007, 06:59 PM

Actually the order marker thing does confuse things a little.

Reworded it and re-uploaded the image. This should be a bit clearer as to how it works with future history now. Plus I added the flying symbol as suggested.

Thanks for all the feedback!

Old January 23rd, 2008, 04:44 AM
Master Custom Creator

PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby!
Posted Booster and Grundy in the A-Z Comic Hero Custom Creations

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations