Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old June 2nd, 2015, 02:38 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Gen Con 2015 Events

Tundra, Volcarren, and Jungle are the more limiting factors, for sure. I wish there was more lava, in particular. Fossil is a great map and we have a good amount of forest terrain.

Glyphs are still being discussed; stubobj will be announcing them.

I don't always use custom units, but when I do I use Sherman Davies Marvel customs.
Old June 2nd, 2015, 09:52 PM

vminer has disabled reputation

Hey hey Mega we win it all this time

vincent miner
Old June 2nd, 2015, 11:42 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
Tundra, Volcarren, and Jungle are the more limiting factors, for sure. I wish there was more lava, in particular. Fossil is a great map and we have a good amount of forest terrain.
I've toyed around with the Gencon map inventory a bit, and I generally come away feeling that Dungeon, Castle, and Volcarren are the three sets that are the most scarce. In part that's because you usually need 2x Dungeon to build a good map with it.

Quote:
Glyphs are still being discussed; stubobj will be announcing them.
Great, thanks. The online Gencon main event prep event sign-ups go up tomorrow, and run through the 14th. We'd love to have the official glyph list before sign-ups close.

(FWIW we have had our schedule for event roll-outs set since early this year, and need to stick to it if we want the event to finish, or at least reach finals, before Gencon. Last year glyphs were announced on June 1, one day after the maps.)
Old June 7th, 2015, 12:10 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Yeah. Particularly in a draft, where things are a mishmash so the influence of the obvious countermeasures - swarming squads - is diminished, I think adding supers into the mix might make it impossible to draft anything *but* supers. What else would you do? You'd have to, because your assembled odds & ends would not be able to overcome them, normally.

I'm not competing in it. I wasn't, anyway, but . . . I'm *ahem* intrigued by this development in this format.

Not my business. I love me some @Matthias Maccabeus , and this decision is not my business, but, ermmm. Erm.
We missed this little tidbit when we held our practice draft tournament yesterday. No Marvel was present, so yeah...void those results.

Old June 11th, 2015, 12:26 PM

Heirloom knows what's in an order marker Heirloom knows what's in an order marker

Hello,

1) What are the maps?...and then I found them in post #70. Would someone be able to "sticky" this to the top of the posts for easier access? (and then also the glyph pool in use when it is decided?)

2) For the GenCon events, I believe we are allowed to add terrain to the starting zones, correct? I think the answer is "yes, if your figures don't fit in the standard 24-hex starting zone". Is this correct? If so, here's my follow-up question: IS ANY ARMY ALLOWED TO EXPAND ITS STARTING ZONE (EVEN IF IT DOES NOT EXCEED 24 HEXES)? (In particular I'm thinking about the Hordes tournament where start zone bombing could be an issue.) I would guess, by the lack of a clarification that this answer is Yes, start zone expansion is allowed for any sized army...but please confirm or deny.

Thank you in advance!
Old June 11th, 2015, 12:49 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

No, you can only expand your startzone by however much is needed to make the army fit.
Old June 11th, 2015, 12:58 PM

Heirloom knows what's in an order marker Heirloom knows what's in an order marker

I understand and appreciate the concise ruling; however, I think this ruling is going to cause most people to not bring true Hordes, which runs counter to the spirit (and vaguely-written description of start zone expansion) of the Hordes tournament. Just my $0.02, I guess we will see.
Old June 14th, 2015, 01:01 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Monster Mash, Capture the Flag, Take 2, Championship, General Wars, and Team Tournament for me this year.

Quote:
Maps for GenCon 2015:

Fossil (R˙chean) x4 (1 SotM, 1 RttFF)
Remains of Clionesia (tannergx) x4 (1 RotV, 1 FotA)
Sidewinder (Gamebear) x4 (1RotV, 1TT)
Sirocco (Mad_wookie) x4 (2BftU, 1TJ)
Ticalla Sunrise (Gamebear) x4 (1SotM, 1TJ)
Dance of the Dryads x4 (Typhon2222) (1BftU, 1 RttFF, 1 VW)
Blackroot (Mad_wookie) x4 (1SotM, 2RttFF)

Note that the tops of the walls in Remains of Clionesia are not capped (that is, they are not perches for your Raelin or Atlaga, etc...)

---------------

(Probably unnecessary to add, but we will use Common Ground as a backup in case some of our inventoried terrain comes up short.)

Very cool. I've wanted to try out Sirocco and Blackroot for awhile now, just never got around to it.
Old June 14th, 2015, 11:46 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Glyph Pool:

Healer
D20
Unique Attack
Wound
Move
Initiative

Heroic Rune
Ring of Protection
Potion of Healing
Elixir of Speed
Brooch of Shielding
Scarab of Invulnerability
Belt of Strength
Whetstone of Venom

When maps have been built the Power glyphs will randomly be placed at each map. These glyphs will not change once placed.

Black Root uses Treasure Glyphs. These Treasure glyphs will be placed the same as the Power glyphs. Even though they are face up and known they will still be treated like any Treasure glyph so you must roll for the trap.

For Treasure Quest a pool of 5 random glyphs will be placed at each map. These glyphs will need to be placed faced down in designated spots for Treasure Quest. Black Root will have 7 total Treasure glyphs but the 5 for Treasure Quest will be face down and random.

Trap: Destroy a Treasure Glyph you control. If you don't control any Treasure Glyphs your opponent rolls 3 attack dice against you that you may defend.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old June 15th, 2015, 12:54 AM

Will Remains use both power and treasure glyphs, or just power?

To be clear - all glyphs will be randomized at game time, including Ticalla Sunrise?
Old June 15th, 2015, 10:52 AM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for catching that dok. Remains will use both Treasure and Power glyphs. Both will be randomly placed during map setup. Even Ticalla Sunrise will get random glyphs placed during map setup. The only glyphs players will have to worry about are the Treasure glyphs for Treasure quest.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old June 20th, 2015, 04:03 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

very cool, thanks for the heads up

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con