Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old October 16th, 2010, 12:06 PM

YoYoCheese is surprisingly tart
Ice Troll Berserker Pre-Release Discussion Thread

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...54#post1230754

Ice Troll Charge: After moving and before attacking with this Ice Troll Berserker, roll the 20-sided die. If this Ice Troll Berserker is on a snow or ice space, add 3 to you die roll. If you roll a 13 or higher, you may move this Ice Troll Berserker again.

Cold Regenerate: After taking a turn with this Ice Troll Berserker, remove 1 wound marker from this Ice Troll Berserker's army card. If it is on a snow or ice space, remove 1 additional wound marker.

Last edited by YoYoCheese; October 16th, 2010 at 06:30 PM.
Old October 16th, 2010, 12:18 PM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker
Re: Ice Troll Berserker Pre-Release Discussion Thread

On a snow board he will be a Beast (such a wity pun). Healing 2 wounds per OM will be tough to kill.
Old October 16th, 2010, 12:34 PM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
On a snow board he will be a Beast (such a wity pun). Healing 2 wounds per OM will be tough to kill.
Only if he survives his opponent's turn. 4 attacks of 3 will take a full life Ice troll out almost 50% of the time, and 3 attacks of 4 the majority of the time.
Old October 16th, 2010, 12:37 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlock View Post
Quote:
Only if he survives his opponent's turn. 4 attacks of 3 will take a full life Ice troll out almost 50% of the time, and 3 attacks of 4 the majority of the time.
Although I do agree that the troll can die a little too easily for my taste, it is quite a feat to have 4 attacks of 3 or 3 attacks of 4 a lot of the time.
Old October 16th, 2010, 12:43 PM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Although I do agree that the troll can die a little too easily for my taste, it is quite a feat to have 4 attacks of 3 or 3 attacks of 4 a lot of the time.
Not really. It's pretty easy to get.

Heavy Gruts, Dwarves, 4th (with WTF), 10th, Airborne elite, Gladiators, Dzu-Teh, Knights, Romans, Sacred Band, Stingers (with either Drain or height), Minions, Brutes, etc.

That doesn't even include any bonding heroes.
Old October 16th, 2010, 12:44 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

He does have low survivability, but now the Arrow Grut army has some more backbone besides Krug and Mimring. I'm really excited to have another beast.
Old October 16th, 2010, 12:48 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Could make the GIE more interesting... although it would restrict the Ice Troll's movement options a little. Hmm.
Old October 16th, 2010, 12:48 PM

Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker

I think he'd be good with Raelynn, say...

85 Ice Troll
80 Raelynn
100 Swogs x4
120 Krug
120 AG x3
Its 505 pts, but it could be changed.
Old October 16th, 2010, 12:51 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Heavy Gruts, Dwarves, 4th (with WTF), 10th, Airborne elite, Gladiators, Dzu-Teh, Knights, Romans, Sacred Band, Stingers (with either Drain or height), Minions, Brutes, etc.

Now don't take offense, but I'm thinking you are playing some lesser skilled opponents. It should be a very rare instance where your opponent gets 3 attacks of 4 or 4 attacks of 3 on you. That should mean they either had awesome luck, you took a big gamble, or you made a mistake. Whenever I play I try to minimize my opponent's chances of getting multiple attacks or attacks from height, and doing that takes a lot of time.

Playing at Gencon taught me all of that. Play an opponent like Spider_Poison and you'll start to realize how few times you will get an optimum turn of attackign like that.

Again please don't take any offense, I mean none.
Old October 16th, 2010, 12:54 PM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker

Quote:

Try comparing him to Heroes. Nilfheim will get 1 attack of 6, Braxas, will get 1 attack of 5, etc
Old October 16th, 2010, 12:55 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

A few of these guys, Raelin RotV, some screen units/ranged support, some Frost Giants and some GIEs. On a map with lots of snow/ice/water. IF there are lots of glaciers scattered around draft some Dzu-Teh for some squad power, and Nilfhiem for heavy ranged support. EVEN IF it doesn't do very well, it would be extremely cool(pun intended) to see that army on the field!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old October 16th, 2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Now don't take offense, but I'm thinking you are playing some lesser skilled opponents. It should be a very rare instance where your opponent gets 3 attacks of 4 or 4 attacks of 3 on you. That should mean they either had awesome luck, you took a big gamble, or you made a mistake. Whenever I play I try to minimize my opponent's chances of getting multiple attacks or attacks from height, and doing that takes a lot of time.

Playing at Gencon taught me all of that. Play an opponent like Spider_Poison and you'll start to realize how few times you will get an optimum turn of attackign like that.

Again please don't take any offense, I mean none.
Why should I take offense when it's my opponent's your disparaging.

Anyhow, I happen to think I've played some pretty good opponents, and I can quite often pull off a full squads worth of attacks on an OM (especially with either a ranged squad, or ranged figures to pull my opponent's in). It does take discipline and patience and involves moving your army up as a group, but I haven't found it particularly difficult.

Maybe one day I'll be able to make it out to GenCon and see for myself just how bad my opponent's really are.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units