Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old June 23rd, 2018, 11:37 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Cathar Spearmen

To me, boosting move for a squad from 4 to 5 is rarely not worth it. There's a noticeable gap in maneuverability between 4 and 5 movement, but then again, I'm more used to playing with knights and Romans than these guys. As dok said, the 2 range kind of mitigates the disadvantage of 4 move compared to other melee squads.
Old June 24th, 2018, 12:02 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I would say use either Count Raymond or Marcus, but usually not both as it is better to have Raelin or Range support. I will say that the worst possible matchup I had against them is with Havech Eradicators on Ticalla Sunrise.
Old June 25th, 2018, 12:10 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
If you use these guys without boosts, do they get wrecked by range squads? Is it worth investing in Count Raymond/ Marcus Decimus Gallus just to get that extra threat range against ranged opponents?

It is also worth noting that Marcus is a pretty good clean up figure, (3/3 with 6 life is not bad). Speed and first strike can be critical in winning matches, and they have pretty health defense already. Throw in some speedy 8th for range support, and you got a fairly sturdy solider army.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old June 25th, 2018, 01:44 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Quote:
If you use these guys without boosts, do they get wrecked by range squads? Is it worth investing in Count Raymond/ Marcus Decimus Gallus just to get that extra threat range against ranged opponents?

It is also worth noting that Marcus is a pretty good clean up figure, (3/3 with 6 life is not bad). Speed and first strike can be critical in winning matches, and they have pretty health defense already. Throw in some speedy 8th for range support, and you got a fairly sturdy solider army.
I'd rather have Count Raymond in clean-up, since even with 1 less life, he has a much better 4/4. That said, if you're taking more Soldiers, then Marcus is undoubtedly a better choice, given that Raymond's speed boost is practically limited to just the Cathar Spearmen. His attack boost is also notable, although not nearly as useful without bonding.
Old June 25th, 2018, 04:55 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

So which of these would be the sounder army given 4xCathar Spearmen, 18 hex limit:

+Quahon

or

+Count Raymond
+110 point filler hero
Old June 29th, 2018, 02:21 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
So which of these would be the sounder army given 4xCathar Spearmen, 18 hex limit:

+Quahon

or

+Count Raymond
+110 point filler hero
Obviously this is not really relevant to your situation, but I thought it might be interesting to mention: in our tourneys, due to the restricted list, we would not allow both Quahon and the Cathars in the same army. There's absolutely no doubt it's a very strong army. But it's taking advantage of what are almost certainly the two most powerful units in C3V—in Classic terms, it's similar to building an army around Q9 and the minutemen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old June 29th, 2018, 10:57 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

In the current round of the GenCon Classic League online tourney, 30% of the armies are Q9, 10thx4. All that to say that mixing Cathars and Quahon is probably a great army as long as you're not playing reverse the whip, bring 2, cut the cake, or the like.
Old July 1st, 2018, 05:55 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
In the current round of the GenCon Classic League online tourney, 30% of the armies are Q9, 10thx4. ...
Which is exactly why we instituted a restricted list. We got tired of seeing the same armies over and over again ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old July 3rd, 2018, 12:02 AM

DOAisBetter knows what's in an order marker DOAisBetter knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Quote:
In the current round of the GenCon Classic League online tourney, 30% of the armies are Q9, 10thx4. ...
Which is exactly why we instituted a restricted list. We got tired of seeing the same armies over and over again ...
What kind of restricted list do you use?
Old July 3rd, 2018, 12:19 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

We've had an active tournament scene in Maryland for 10 years. Never felt the need for a "Restricted List." But it depends on your local meta, I guess.

Don't feel you need one, is my suggestion, unless you actually do.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old July 3rd, 2018, 02:42 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOAisBetter View Post
Quote:
Quote:
It's a "soft" restricted list: basically you can't have more than one from the list (full rules in the spoiler).

Spoiler Alert!
Old July 3rd, 2018, 02:56 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOAisBetter View Post
Quote:
Quote:
It's a "soft" restricted list: basically you can't have more than one from the list (full rules in the spoiler).

Spoiler Alert!
I actually don't mind that idea too much, though I feel making the Knights and Gilbert mutually exclusive kind of neuters both of them....

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs