Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old October 16th, 2015, 05:55 PM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!
Ohio nhsd 11/7/15

National Ohio Heroscape Day 11/7

No Limit Games
1217 East Stroop Rd
Kettering, Oh. 45429
In between Grieve Hardware & Special Occasions Party Supply
tel:1-937-938-6442

Dice roll at 11:30 with 4x 50min. rounds. A possible Fifth or Final Two.

Cut the Cake 2.0
Army: 540 points, 24 spaces. No Marvel. C3V/SOV allowed.
For this event, each player will bring one army. Each map will already have two armies stationed at the map, which will be provided. These two armies stay at the map throughout the whole event. Before each game there will be a dice-off by the players. The winner of the dice-off will chose to Cut the Cake, or defer to the other player. Whoever Cuts the Cake, will chose two of the four armies that will be used in the game. The other player will chose which of those two armies they will play, leaving the other one for their opponent to use.

The armies stationed at the maps will be selected based on either..
- Units not often used but more viable on certain terrain. An example would be the Obsidian Guards on a lava map.
- Newer units, that a lot of us haven't had a chance to play.
- Less used units.

I can handle bringing all the maps and armies stationed at the maps however if you would like to bring any of these, please let me know.

Players are encouraged to bring a prize for the prize table. I will be bringing a painted set of Magic:AotP & other stuff

I will keep updating this thread.

Attending
FOJ
Storm Shadow
Lefton4ya
Wookie
Johnnylama ?
The Average Fan ?

Maps
Next post

Loves all Scape

Still hasn't taken his Christmas decorations down.

Last edited by WOOKIE; March 7th, 2016 at 06:18 PM.
Old October 16th, 2015, 06:36 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Ohio nhsd 11/7/16

Map/armyies:
Fire Swamp by @killercactus

This is one of my favorite maps (and I usually loose on it which is saying something) but if we play we will us all three danger rules R.O.U.S, lightning sand and flame. Makes armies with lava resistance, large/huge figures, and flying figures do best so army ideas:
1: Brunak, Kurrok, 2 earth elemental, 3 fire elemental, 2 Air elemental, 2 water elemental, Isamu
2: Racheim, Iron Golem, Raelin, 2 BlueWyrmling, 2 Black Wyrmling, 1 Red Wyrmling, 2 White Wyrmling

Burial Marsh by @Panopticon

Good dungeon/road map with both terrain having height
1: Deepwyrm Drow (CUC version) * 4, Pelloth (CUC Version), Estriva, Drow Chainfighter * 3
2: Bahadur, Manauvi, Varkaanan Darkclaws, Varkaanan Greyspears, Varkaanan Swiftfangs

Over Drudge It by @killercactus

Map specifically designed for swamp water and water power figures to get height.
1: Marro Drudge * 5, Sahuagin Raider * 2, Zetacron, Vulcanmech Incendiborgs
2: Microcorp Agents * 3, Laglor, Agent Skahen, Otonashi

Smolder
Good map where lava is on top and range is king.
1: Moltenclaw, Brimstone, Greenscale Warriors * 2, Guilty McCreech, Johnny “Shotgun” Sullivan
2: Nhah Scirh Cultists * 3, Augamo, Garrett Burns, Josie Whistlestop

Fissure by @Dignan

With Heavy Snow and Normal Ice
1: Microcorp Troopers * 4, The Varja, Izumi Samurai
2: Dzu-Teh * 4, Quahon, Marro Warriors

Capuan Arena by @Mad_Wookie ROTV

1: Eltahale, 4x Granite Guardians
2: Capuan Gladiators * 3, Sparticus, Crixus, Achillean Gladiatrix

Arboretum by @Robber SOTM, FOTA, TJ & RTTFF

Trees/Jungle benefit the ES & QH. Plus Melee friendly maps are always great to have.
1: Concan, 7X Elian Sidhe, Raelin II, DE Dan/Zetacron
2: Major J15, 4x Hoplitrons, 3x Quasatch Hunters

Reserve:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by lefton4ya; November 4th, 2015 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Maps
Old October 19th, 2015, 01:18 PM

Father Of Julian knows what's in an order marker Father Of Julian knows what's in an order marker

Father Of Julian and StormShadow will be in attendance. "So let it be written, so let it be done." Dance you, Mud Turtles
Old October 19th, 2015, 05:00 PM

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

See maps/armies in second post - approved by Wookie

Last edited by lefton4ya; November 3rd, 2015 at 05:07 PM.
Old October 19th, 2015, 10:10 PM

Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby!

I should be able to make it, unless life gets in the way!!!

“Battle is a hard business, sister. Soft training will make for soft soldiers who will in turn become soft corpses.”
― Anthony Ryan, Blood Song
Old October 21st, 2015, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnylama View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOOKIE View Post
I can comment on The Fire Swamp map. I was up against No David No & we were both playing a 10th build. Bush defense bonus kept on happening & the board was hard to maneuver. I thought it played well but would need to play on it more in order to get a better feel for it.
That's the idea - it makes it really tough on squads to get around and makes it tough on range since there's a lot of jungle to use for the bonus and it's tough to get up to them to engage.
Ah...I played on that one too. It was a nice brain bender. The molten lava and water in the middle forced you out in the open if you wanted to take the center of the board, while the jungle on the outside and edges provided some nice cover to dig in and mess with line of sight. Just about all the height was lava too, which made you choose to jump off or risk the burn to keep the height.

SW Ninja and I has an awesome game on that one. We both had 10thx4, but I had the vampires and he had Q10 and a pack of rats. I kept the vampires back because I knew they couldn't do squad against Q10 and the rats, and we both advanced our 10th. It was a stalemate for most of the game (I killed the rats and we traded some 10th) until he rushed in with Q10. He really laid into me heavy and I took some losses, but he took some hits too. I chose to sit on the lava with my last four 10th reg on marker 3 to try to finish off his one life Q10 with four attacks of four. The gamble paid off, but two of my four 10th reg got lava-fried right after. I would have had squat left to stop Q10 if I whiffed. Luckily I didn't, and that left me the untouched vampires and up on points as the time ran out. Fun board!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
As far as Fire Swamp - I had trouble figuring how to play on it. I think it being a relatively flat map and no quick way across the board, it actually hinders Raelin-aura centric armies such as the 10th/realin+hero army I played. I am not so much criticizing this map as criticizing all the other maps I played in which a well-placed Realin almost insured victory for me. This was the first time I played iron Golum on a lava map so I went against my normal strategy and brought him out earlier and although I only got one wound on him (and I never attacked with him), the opportunity cost of wasting order markers on him instead of 10th was I think what lost me that game. It is definitely a map that you need to play on multiple times to get better at, which I think makes for a fun map.
Reminiscing on one of the funnest tourneys I went to - NHSD 5 years ago! @WOOKIE , @Johnnylama , and I were there and all agree Fire Swamp was fun but we all need to play on it again.
Old October 22nd, 2015, 02:18 PM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!

I remember that one Lefton4ya. The Columbus Crew ran it, having over 20 maps, with 44 players showing up. The Golden Days of Heroscape.

I'll probably bring a Mariedian build. Kira Jax, Jarek Guy, B-11 R.C., 4x M-43 R.F. & Siv

I like your submissions Lefton4ya. Let's keep em coming. In a week we can put together a line-up.
Here are a couple ideas. I still need to adjust some.
Unlike the past I can no longer Copy/Past any maps/links on this site. I'm not sure why.

Marro Warrens (by Darkmage7a) SOTM & BFTU
- Kurrok, 14x Water Elementals
- Marro Hive, 6x M.Drudge, Prince Al'Kohora
Both armies are similar & benefit greatly on this map, however "Line of Sight" synergy could get a little tricky.

Capuan Arena (by Mad Wookie) ROTV
- Eltahale, 4x Granite Guardians
- Master Woo, 5x Monks
This map has a lot of elevation changes. Not sure if I want to use the Monks.

Arboretum (by Robber) SOTM, FOTA, TJ & RTTFF
- Concan, 7X Elian Sidhe, DE Dan, Raelin II
- Major J15, 4x Hoplitrons, 3x Quasatch H.s
Trees/Jungle benefit the ES & QH. Plus Malee friendly maps are always great to have.

Loves all Scape

Last edited by WOOKIE; October 22nd, 2015 at 06:45 PM.
Old October 26th, 2015, 01:10 PM

Posted maps below. also see my comments in red.
Quote:
I remember that one Lefton4ya. The Columbus Crew ran it, having over 20 maps, with 44 players showing up. The Golden Days of Heroscape.

I'll probably bring a Mariedian build. Kira Jax, Jarek Guy, B-11 R.C., 4x M-43 R.F. & Siv

I like your submissions Lefton4ya. Let's keep em coming. In a week we can put together a line-up.
Here are a couple ideas. I still need to adjust some.
Unlike the past I can no longer Copy/Past any maps/links on this site. I'm not sure why.

Marro Warrens (by @Darkmage7a) SOTM & BFTU

- Kurrok, 14x Water Elementals
- Marro Hive, 6x M.Drudge, Prince Al'Kohora
Both armies are similar & benefit greatly on this map, however "Line of Sight" synergy could get a little tricky.
I like this map better than Over Drudge It, even though they have the same concept. You could have your marro drudge army vs my suggested matchup instead of water elementals:
Microcorp Agents * 3, Laglor, Agent Skahen, Otonashi

Capuan Arena (by @Mad_Wookie) ROTV

- Eltahale, 4x Granite Guardians
- Master Woo, 5x Monks
This map has a lot of elevation changes. Not sure if I want to use the Monks.
You could have a Gladiator army face the granite guardians:
Capuan Gladiators * 3, Sparticus, Crixus, Achillean Gladiatrix

Arboretum (by @Robber) SOTM, FOTA, TJ & RTTFF

- Concan, 7X Elian Sidhe, DE Dan, Raelin II
- Major J15, 4x Hoplitrons, 3x Quasatch H.s
Trees/Jungle benefit the ES & QH. Plus Malee friendly maps are always great to have.
This map looks cool - very big and little elevation change, but road gets you across quickly, definetly melee frieendly. Only thing is I would swap DE Dan for Zetacron if only so the QH have someone to Hate
Old October 31st, 2015, 03:59 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I may be able to make it (just me though). Consider it a strong maybe.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old November 4th, 2015, 02:52 PM

Only a few days to go. Let's have a great time.
I'll dig up some cool prizes.
I'll need to borrow a Zatacron & 2x Dzu-Teh.
A special thanks to Lefton4ya for posting maps & forming armies.

Loves all Scape

Old November 4th, 2015, 11:20 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Only a few days to go. Let's have a great time.
I'll dig up some cool prizes.
I'll need to borrow a Zatacron & 2x Dzu-Teh.
A special thanks to Lefton4ya for posting maps & forming armies.
I can potentially bring x1 Dzu-Teh and Zetacron.

~TAF, who still promises nothing... yet.

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old November 4th, 2015, 07:33 PM

I got one Dzu-Teh. You can sub one of the Zatacron in the two armies above for Deadeye Dan, preferably Over Drudge It so on Arboretum the Q.H have someone to Hate. Or you can change one of the armies, like replacing Sahuagin Raider * 2 & Zetacron with Sgt. Drake Alexander, Sharwin Wildborn, or Evar Scarcarver

I will be bringing Fire Swamp - but I got a silly request - does anyone have any stray 1-hex pieces from the days of Malliddon's Prophecy or just laying around to give or sell - I am salvaging ones from my sets to make a custom Jungle. I might just use the ones from MtG:AotP

I will bring prizes too. BTW, would anyone want another 2x4 Jenga set?

Last edited by lefton4ya; November 4th, 2015 at 07:57 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day