Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old May 30th, 2018, 07:40 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

A good follow-up question is, if Rannveig is active, can Jotun grab and throw a flying figure?

Old May 30th, 2018, 07:46 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
A good follow-up question is, if Rannveig is active, can Jotun grab and throw a flying figure?

I've never thought about that one before. My best guess would be that he can, since the figure no longer has the Flying or Stealth Flying power, though.
Old May 30th, 2018, 07:48 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnutt99 View Post
- THROW 14 : “Non-Flying” Figures
Jotun can only throw “non-flying” figures. If the wind glyph is in play and activated, or if Morsbane has negated the figure’s special powers, and figure cannot fly, are they considered “non-flying” figures and can Jotun throw them?
Yes on both counts. Flying figures are considered non-flying once the wind glyph is activated. When Morsbane negates a figure’s flying ability, they are also considered “non-flying.” (Hasbro FAQ)
From the Book of Jotun.
Old May 30th, 2018, 08:21 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Thanks!

Old June 4th, 2018, 02:57 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Let's pretend that you have ONE copy of each major heroscape terrain set:
x1 RotV, x1 SotM, x1 BftU, x1 Marvel, x1 RttFF, x1 TJ, x1 VW, x1 TT, x1 FotA
(Did I miss any?)

If you had to build four relatively balanced/tournament friendly maps (300-400 pt armies per side, 2 player maps) out of these terrain sets, what four maps would you build? You do not have to use all of the terrain sets, but you do have to build four maps. Feel free to use the Hive as LOS blocker.

Anyone may answer! This is purely hypothetical, I'm just looking for ideas.
Old June 4th, 2018, 03:11 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That is going to be tough. Marvel is pretty thin so I would combine that with the castle and bridge set. That leaves one expansion for each of the remaining master sets.
I would probably go jungle and swamp. Dungeon and lava and RotV and Tundra.
Old June 4th, 2018, 03:11 PM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwiker View Post
Let's pretend that you have ONE copy of each major heroscape terrain set:
x1 RotV, x1 SotM, x1 BftU, x1 Marvel, x1 RttFF, x1 TJ, x1 VW, x1 TT, x1 FotA
(Did I miss any?)

If you had to build four relatively balanced/tournament friendly maps (300-400 pt armies per side, 2 player maps) out of these terrain sets, what four maps would you build? You do not have to use all of the terrain sets, but you do have to build four maps. Feel free to use the Hive as LOS blocker.

Anyone may answer! This is purely hypothetical, I'm just looking for ideas.
I hate this question. So I made an excel file that answers this. I wanted to see how many maps I could make and change around combinations. It is very primitive and doesn't look good but gets the job done. You insert the pieces you own (I am borrowing my friend Matt's pieces so I have 2 columns to keep them seperated.) Then you use each column of different maps and add them up until you do not exceed your hex limit. Here is a screenshot of what I did. The red, yellow and green columns are different combinations I can make with my pieces.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old June 4th, 2018, 03:31 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Well, I’d try to minimize the amount of terrain used for each map in order to squeeze that fourth map out. So, maybe something like...

Common Ground (1 RotV)
Ticalla Sunrise (1 SotM, 1 TJ)
Shard (1 BtfU) I think that’s the name of this map
Some comglomerate of a map for the remaining Marvel, TT, VW, RttFF, FotA sets.

That gets you 3/4’s of the way there.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old June 4th, 2018, 03:39 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

It’s hard to get 4 maps without 4 of the Classic master sets. IMO, you need 2 Marvel to build any competitive map using it. The BftU is almost in the same situation but people like @Typhon2222 have made it work.

I like Ticalla Sunrise, but I’d do Ice Thistle (by Typhon2222). Common Ground is the best RotV only map but if you’re willing to add on the VW and RttFF, @Dignan has good choices like Sear and Smolder for that combination. That leaves a good luck wish for Marvel and FotA, though.
Old June 4th, 2018, 04:59 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

To get the best ones possible, I suspect the way to go is to spread the materials between maps. Half an RotV is probably still more terrain than the DnD or Marvel sets. I'd dump it all in a heap and then build and tweak simultaneously.

Partway towards that approach there was talk a while ago about "buddy maps" but I'm not sure much came of it. I built one that pairs with Embattled Fen to get two maps from SotM x2 and FotA x1, but that's not any use here.
Old June 4th, 2018, 05:07 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I think it wouldn't be too hard.

Like others have said, you could start with a 1x RoTV map. Common Ground comes to mind, or Dry Season.

Then you could do a 1x SoTM, with a smaller expansion. Ticalla Sunrise (SotM/TJ) again is a good choice, but Fossil (SoTM/RttFF) could also work.

It starts getting tricky after this. If you've used Ticalla Sunrise, then you can throw a VW and your road set with the BftU to make Dance of the Dryads, but there's several maps that use just a BftU and VW.

At this point, after Common Ground, Ticalla Sunrise, and Dance of the Dryads, you have Marvel, Castle, and Tundra left. I can't think of any maps that use those sets, but I'm sure you could make one with that much terrain.
Old June 4th, 2018, 06:21 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

@itsbuzzi can you post the spreadsheet somewhere. Otherwise, we can use the Heroscape Maps Pivot Table v3.0 Originally by @GameBear , updated by @Retlaw and Gary's Heroscape site - Battlefield tables by @GaryLASQ

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's