Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old June 12th, 2010, 09:58 PM

Takanuva has disabled reputation
Re: D2 - changes in the base size

I for one pledge never to quit Heroscape, and I'm sure you could say the same for most other on this site.
Old June 12th, 2010, 10:09 PM

Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker

As a friend of mine once said "The only people who like changes are babies."

Lord of the Rings TMG Events -Gen Con 13
The North American Championship tournament- Saturday at 4 PM. NMN1342543
Battles of Middle Earth - Saturday at 10 AM. NMN1344930
Old June 12th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlax View Post
Clancampbell perhaps?

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old June 12th, 2010, 10:15 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Clancampbell perhaps?
OUCH!

Nobody likes change. Give it time abd we will find something new to whine about.

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old June 12th, 2010, 10:19 PM

Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Clancampbell perhaps?
OK that was a misread. Lets try a clarified version "The only people who enjoy changes are infants."

Perhaps a diaper analogy was unfortunate, however its not aimed at Clancampbell. In general most people resist change.

Lord of the Rings TMG Events -Gen Con 13
The North American Championship tournament- Saturday at 4 PM. NMN1342543
Battles of Middle Earth - Saturday at 10 AM. NMN1344930

Last edited by Harlax; June 12th, 2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old June 12th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Clancampbell perhaps?
OK that was a misread. Lets try a clarified version "The only people who enjoy changes are infants."

Perhaps a diaper analogy was unfortunate, however its not aimed at Clancampbell. In general most people are resist change.
A friend of mine once said "That which does not grow and change is left to wither and die."
Old June 12th, 2010, 10:26 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Clancampbell perhaps?

Perhaps a diaper analogy was unfortunate, however its not aimed at Clancampbell. In general most people are resist change.
I agree. I was trying to be funny and openly rib Clancampbell, but I totally understand the resistance, I personally would be inclined to avoid change as well, but that never seems to work out....

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old June 12th, 2010, 10:38 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

When I was a child, my mom couldn't get me to stop wearing my winter coat in the spring.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 12th, 2010, 10:43 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

Well, if it hasn't been mentioned already...The one possible up side to the new bases comes into play when they start re-issuing more classic figs. Our original based waves will skyrocket in value!

I'm for keeping the originals but it won't ruin the game for me.

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old June 12th, 2010, 10:53 PM
What is Sarcasm?

REGULUS is surprisingly tart

I will warn you in advance that I fully intend to "whine" so if you're not up for it or wanna call me a baby or whatever, stop reading now. That said:

I HATE THE NEW BASES AND THE NEW DIRECTION IN GENERAL!!!

As some of you may recall, I was a BIG naysayer when DnDscape first came out. Quality was horrible in my master set and the HORRID customer service I received from WOTC trying to fix THEIR MISTAKES with my D1 wave will not soon be forgotten. I never had as many problems with Heroscape as I have since WOTC took control. And the direction they have decided to take frightens me.

HEROSCAPE IS NOT DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS! And that's what I loved about it. I could never get into DnD, for me it's far to complex and requires a dedicated number of players and continuous scenarios that i cannot guarantee for every game. I'm glad that people can enjoy one or both, but I cannot. Heroscape is now becoming DnD: Part 2 - and I for one tremble at that thought. I am very glad that WOTC tried to save the game, but now I think it would be better dead in the water than floundering as some mutated squirrel-fish-frog of mismatched games.

Changing the bases to "fit" other games is stupid. The perfect example that our beloved game is no more. Some one else posted the changes:
1. Reusing figures
2. Changing bases
3. ?
I think the "?" is blind packaging. How much more like DnD can you get than by making a random assortment of figures available for blind purchase so that in order to "catch em all" you have to pay out the a** for multiple packs or spend all of your hard earned cash on ePay for that Unique hero that there are only 4 of in the entire world.

I don't doubt at all that they made changes to Heroscape to promote cross-gaming, but I wonder which game they are really promoting: Heroscape or DnD? The more they make Heroscape like DnD the more player will say, "gee, maybe I should try DnD. It's almost the same game." I doubt DnD players will cross over to Heroscape. As I said I have never played DnD, but I have many gamer friends who do and they mock Heroscape as "DnD for kids." I never thought of it that way until now. It feels like WOTC is prepping kids who play Heroscape to grow into DnD when they get older.

It's like New Coke: people hated it, but everyone was saying "no, no it's BETTER!" while secretly gagging at the thought of drinking it. So they ended up going back to "Coke Classic" because figures plummeted. I hope WOTC realize their mistake and go back to Classic as well.

This may sound like an idle threat, but I will not be buying the newly based D2. I do not care enough about DnDscape to spend my money on something I feel is jumping the shark. I will continue to play because I LOVE the game, but I can continue with the figures that I have (and a Master Woo and Agent Skahen if I can find them) as well as the many customs I've got in the works. I am glad that many of you are happy with what WOTC is giving you but if it's this or nothing, I would rather NOTHING. If/when they ever return to our much beloved Classic Heroscape I may return.

Thank you for listening.

I want my FANTASTIC FOUR!!!
...and Skrulls
Old June 12th, 2010, 11:01 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Hey, don't forget your ball.
Old June 12th, 2010, 11:04 PM
What is Sarcasm?

REGULUS is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wookiee View Post
Hey, don't forget your ball.
I've got both of them, thank you very much... No one forced you to read it, FYI. It's my own opinion.

I want my FANTASTIC FOUR!!!
...and Skrulls

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News