Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old May 10th, 2022, 02:57 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

I really like the Underbelly power.

Old May 10th, 2022, 03:04 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I really like the Underbelly power.
Thanks! I’ll be posted the updated card in a sec. There’s been lots of discussion on the discord chat, and leaf and I have been talking a lot and decided to playtest the version I’m about to post.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old May 10th, 2022, 03:06 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Here’s the version we feel good about testing.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old May 10th, 2022, 06:22 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I'm obviously partial to this design. I really like the theme of scorpions scurrying up the field and the 6 move seems earned.

Melee can often find itself on low ground vs range anyway so it shouldn't matter to much. The max 2 def might be punishing, since it nullifies raelin and any possible hight advantage, but that is for playtesting. If nothing else 4 defense 4 man squad is a solid defender, and with some lucky rolls they have some bite.

Instinctively I'm not sure if I would automatically claim high ground - which means if you are looking to create decisions you are on the right track.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old May 10th, 2022, 06:46 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
I'm obviously partial to this design. I really like the theme of scorpions scurrying up the field and the 6 move seems earned.

Melee can often find itself on low ground vs range anyway so it shouldn't matter to much. The max 2 def might be punishing, since it nullifies raelin and any possible hight advantage, but that is for playtesting. If nothing else 4 defense 4 man squad is a solid defender, and with some lucky rolls they have some bite.

Instinctively I'm not sure if I would automatically claim high ground - which means if you are looking to create decisions you are on the right track.
You could say that it subtracts 3 from the scorpion's defense. That drops it by two and negates the height advantage, while allowing it to benefit from Raelin, shadow, etc.

Old May 10th, 2022, 07:08 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

We're considering the name "Necrotizing Venom". However we are open to other names.

I'd also like to include a quote from "Godchep" on the discord server (I don't know if they the same name on here).
Quote:
...Scorpions sting prey and then clamp with the claws. The venom takes effect with a stinger prick, and then your defenses (armor, remaining dexterity, etc.) protect as best they can from the claws.
The attack roll represents the opening. The better the opening, the better the attack from all angles. Then it's down to how much defense you have left.
I think this a very good thematic explanation of how and why they are lowering your defense.
Old May 10th, 2022, 07:12 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Have you guys tried a modified Maul ability? "If at least two skulls are rolled, the defending figure subtracts one from its defense."
Old May 10th, 2022, 07:15 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Or you could just make it to where the defender always rolls minus 1 defense instead of having it stack with each skull
Old May 10th, 2022, 08:03 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

If it is only ever lowered the defense by 1, the option of taking height is much less appealing. The height debuff is so severe that I would personally never take height in 90+% of situations if it was only ever a -1 debuff. The defense loss is just not worth the extra attack die.
We like that current design entices you to take height for that juicy potential of -3 defense on your target, but leaves you at a permanent 2 defense, even under Raelin aura.
Old May 10th, 2022, 08:19 PM

Godchep knows what's in an order marker Godchep knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
We're considering the name "Necrotizing Venom". However we are open to other names.

I'd also like to include a quote from "Godchep" on the discord server (I don't know if they the same name on here).
Quote:
...Scorpions sting prey and then clamp with the claws. The venom takes effect with a stinger prick, and then your defenses (armor, remaining dexterity, etc.) protect as best they can from the claws.
The attack roll represents the opening. The better the opening, the better the attack from all angles. Then it's down to how much defense you have left.
I think this a very good thematic explanation of how and why they are lowering your defense.
Yeah, same name. Happy to help! Really love this design. If that wasn't obvious from my above comment and other comments.

I think the design really forces you to make interesting decisions. It does some things nothing else is doing, but in a relatively unobtrusive way - which I like a lot. The decision between full offense and full defense is a dynamic one. Do you hunker down as a defender and hope you hold out? Or use that 6 move to climb up high and try to neutralize your attackers as a shark?

Last edited by Godchep; May 10th, 2022 at 08:22 PM. Reason: elaboration
Old May 10th, 2022, 08:29 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Thoughts

I like the power set. I'm not keen on paralyzing venom for reasons I've elaborated on the discord but will repeat here.

The paralyzing powers on MBS and zombie hulk are related to fear and being paralyzed with fear causes you to stay in one place making you easier to hit (defense reduction).

Paralysis by poison would take effect after you have been hit (see venom ray or poisonous weapons).

I think there's a thematic name in there for that power, but I would not upvote paralyzing venom.

~Dysole, pretty much in agreement with Scytale regarding the goblin gladiators
Old May 10th, 2022, 09:38 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

You could call it Stinging Tail and avoid all the venom paralyzing stuff. Though I admit I'm okay with paralyzing venom.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards