Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old August 20th, 2012, 11:24 PM

foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby!
My little pony friendship is magic

If your reading this thread then you might already know what this show is, but for those who don't My Little Pony Friendship is magic is a cartoon based on the Hasbro toy line. The show was developed by Lauren Faust ( well known for her work in T.V shows The Powerpuff Girls, Foster's Home for imaginary friends, and other more minor roles), the show's target demographic is young girls, and their parents, however the show has caught the attention of many older and more male viewers. There are so many male viewers of this show that they have developed a pony themed Internet culture. Calling themselves, " brony, or bronies", they are often a very proud group of of fans who are very open about there love for a little girl's show.

I recently watched the show ( after hearing much praise about it) and I have decided that it is a good show with some minor flaws. I have decided to bring the debate over this kids show here to heroscapers because I feel this is an unbiased and polite group of people who can talk about the pros and cons of a T.V show without resulting in hatered. So I ask everypo(cough)... everybody what do you think of this T.V show?

Post script I felt it was a great show who's flaws include stereotypical main characters (not a bad kind of stereotype but a "hard to invest in character because the character is not very original), the plot for most (all) of the episodes have no originality, but I felt that the show did each of its un original episodes far better then I have ever seen.
Post post script please don't comment unless you have seen the show and have something relevent to add. If you want to know if you will like the show I suggest you watch the first two episodes of season 1 which if combined make a kind of pilot episode. Also comment if you saw the show and didn't like it (there needs to be two sides to a discussion.

Hey friends, I know that this is a time of high emotions and stress.
Take a breath, everyone here is on edge and that’s ok. It’s ok to be stressed.

Things will get better.
Have a nice day.

Last edited by foofoofun; August 20th, 2012 at 11:49 PM. Reason: To help people
Old August 21st, 2012, 12:37 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: My little pony friendship is magic

I don't have much time to watch shows, and when I find the time, I'm not going to watch a cartoon geared towards 7 year old girls.
Old August 21st, 2012, 01:30 AM

foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby!

Yea I watched the episodes only after several people recommended the show, even then I only watched it while I was alone (no judging eyes). I watched both seasons in about 2 days (the episodes are not all that long). You would like the show if you're tired of everything trying to convince you that the world is in constant danger, because the show follows a typical kids show just an average day in the life of some ponies. However the show is not so amazing that it's worth watching without someone to talk about it with.

Things will get better.
Have a nice day.
Old August 21st, 2012, 01:45 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I've seen a couple episodes. The writing is good, and I can understand (to a degree) the out of demographic following, but it just isn't my kind of show. My son likes it. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I think we need to watch some Cowboy Bebop as intervention.
Old August 21st, 2012, 02:05 AM

If you could might you explain what you did not like about the show? What I mean is, is it just not your cup of tea or is there more?
P.s sorry if I seem too insistent but since there is nobody to talk about the show with I'm starting to go a little crazy.

Things will get better.
Have a nice day.
Old August 21st, 2012, 05:30 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
My son likes it. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I think we need to watch some Cowboy Bebop as intervention.
This.

I too have heard good things about the show. However, I don't really intend to watch it. To each their own.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old August 21st, 2012, 06:10 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foofoofun View Post
If you could might you explain what you did not like about the show? What I mean is, is it just not your cup of tea or is there more?
P.s sorry if I seem too insistent but since there is nobody to talk about the show with I'm starting to go a little crazy.
Just not my cup of tea. Nothing I can really put my finger on.
Old August 21st, 2012, 11:51 PM
Drives for Utgar

Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby!

Brony checking in. I have a 5 year old daughter & she love's this show, to tell the truth it is not that bad & the toys are cool. So yeah HS left a hole that MLP filled. Yeah I said it. PS if you need the blind bag pony code's they are the 1st & 3ed # on the bag.

I would rather bite the belly of the beast as it swallows me whole then run from it!
Old August 21st, 2012, 11:56 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

When I want to watch a television show, I want something that is either funny, dramatic, informative/interesting, or has action. In other words, I want a show that isn't aimed at 7 year old females. Adventure Time is a show that is actually entertaining and actually worthy of a rabid, annoying fan base.

I've only seen 2 - 3 episodes of the show, but I don't care. The episodes I've seen weren't entertaining and I'm sure all of the other episodes aren't entertaining either. Go watch Archer or something instead.

Also, what is with the winged ponies? Aren't they just clearly the master race of ponies? Why can't all the ponies be equals? It doesn't seem fair that some get wings and others don't. :/

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep

Last edited by ParaGoomba Slayer; August 22nd, 2012 at 12:05 AM.
Old August 22nd, 2012, 12:31 AM
Drives for Utgar

Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby!

Also, what is with the winged ponies? Aren't they just clearly the master race of ponies? Why can't all the ponies be equals? It doesn't seem fair that some get wings and others don't. :/[/quote]

Master Race, you might be on to something.

For a laugh check this girl out she is Derpy Hooves, yes that is her name. http://youtu.be/ZaUbi-7uBDg

I would rather bite the belly of the beast as it swallows me whole then run from it!
Old August 22nd, 2012, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post
When I want to watch a television show, I want something that is either funny, dramatic, informative/interesting, or has action. In other words, I want a show that isn't aimed at 7 year old females. Adventure Time is a show that is actually entertaining and actually worthy of a rabid, annoying fan base.

I've only seen 2 - 3 episodes of the show, but I don't care. The episodes I've seen weren't entertaining and I'm sure all of the other episodes aren't entertaining either. Go watch Archer or something instead.

Also, what is with the winged ponies? Aren't they just clearly the master race of ponies? Why can't all the ponies be equals? It doesn't seem fair that some get wings and others don't. :/
1. I like adventure time, but I got a similar feeling watching it as I did watching The Marvelous Misaventure's of Flapjack. While watching the shows I felt that both of them felt it was necessary to have strange things for the sake of being strange (rather then doing strange because it is funny).

2. I am quite happy that you tried to watch some episodes before you made an opinion on the show so good for you. Can I watch Archer and My Little Pony?

3. Typically there are three types of ponies Pegasus (they have wings), unicorn (they have magic), and regular pony. The show tries to sell the idea that they are all equal but let's face the facts, there is only one advantage to being a regular pony and that's the fact that you exist in real life.

Things will get better.
Have a nice day.
Old August 22nd, 2012, 04:41 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Unicorn ponies seem most in-tune with the magical rhythms of the universe so I get the impression they're the "master race" of the pony world.

Most would agree that the basic Earth ponies are at the bottom of their caste system though I'm sure.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV