Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old June 30th, 2010, 10:51 AM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Ogre Warhulk Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Last edited by Aldin; June 30th, 2010 at 02:55 PM.
Old June 30th, 2010, 12:39 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: Ogre Warhulk Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 30th, 2010, 12:42 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

I like the Warhulk, quite a bit. A 50% chance of hitting everything next to him with 5 attack dice. Very cool indeed.

I'm kinda meh on the Mine! power. I guess I should use traps on treasures more often.

Even with 8 lives, I think the Warhulk is going to need some help if he's going to make it to the fight in one piece.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old June 30th, 2010, 12:43 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Warhulk is too slow, too expensive. I don't see him getting love vs Krug.

Plus I was hoping he'd be a beast or something for the gruts to bond with.

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old June 30th, 2010, 12:46 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

OK, thoughts:

Orge Warhulk: Warhulk indeed! Same survivability as Krug and equally potent offense! Good thing he's NOT a Beast! Mine! is funny, but never has to come into play. High Life and multi-attacks of 5, this guy is going to be a blast (in kill-em-all matches and as a dungeon monster ).

Goblin Cutters: Some speculation was pretty close on Mob Attack, and I like it! You have to get at least 3 engaged with the target, but -2 Defense is pretty huge (poor Warriors of Ashra, good luck dodging that!). Scurry = fixed Scatter (no hit zones, but less Defense and only triggers on destruction), thank god! Scale...really just could've been Climb x2 like the other small guys.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 30th, 2010, 12:46 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah. He's alright. Not a fan of him not working with anyone else (ie beast), but o well. That possible 5 attack on everyone adjacent is fun, although should be pretty easy to avoid. Awefully slow. Will play like Krug except without the bonding, and the ability to kill multiple figures isn't even guaranteed. Easy to get away from. Good for dungeon crawls though.
Old June 30th, 2010, 12:48 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

He has Hasselhoff hair:
Old June 30th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Yeah these new units were clearly designed for the dungeon crawl.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old June 30th, 2010, 12:55 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Don't care for the Ogre and would never play more than one (reinforces my hate of Uncommons when the Werewolf started to warm me up to them). Krug or Feral Troll are better and cheaper.
Old June 30th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Yeah these new units were clearly designed for the dungeon crawl.
I wouldn't dismiss the goblins so quickly. With mob attack and scurry they serve as an excellent screening unit. A little less defensive than the rats they pack a much better melee punch with mob attack. I can see these little guys getting some love from the meta-game.

The ogre definitely has his uses, but I must agree seems more suitable in a draft or pre-made dungeon setting.

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old June 30th, 2010, 12:57 PM

Sokol knows what's in an order marker Sokol knows what's in an order marker

My son will love this guy. He has a high attack, lots of life, his powers are nice and easy to use, and he looks cool.

One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them,
One Game to bring them all and in their wallets bind them
In the Land of Valhalla where the Valkyrie lie.
Old June 30th, 2010, 12:58 PM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

The first HS power (to my knowledge) to have punctuation. Kind of C3G-esque; I like it.

Tandros is actually good insurance against this guy. I wonder if they were playtested together?

Last edited by Frylock; June 30th, 2010 at 01:03 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units