Old April 18th, 2008, 10:19 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: New Site: Unresolved Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight View Post
Today I saw this thread in the first page of the Official Units forum:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=1227

It indicated that the last post was made by ultradoug today. When I jumped to the end of the thread, there was a post by him, but it's years old. Not that this is any big inconvenience for me personally, but I think there's some technical glitch at work in that thread.
A new vote in a poll counts as new activity in the thread and thus will show the thread as Green or Orange
Old April 19th, 2008, 12:28 AM

soberman knows what's in an order marker soberman knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjee View Post
So now I'm going to go with java. If you go to the Tools menu in IE7, and select Sun Java Console, what version show in the title bar? The one on the machine I'm using here is: 1.5.0_06
1.4.2. If you don't feel this is the issue, please don't expend anymore effort on resolving this problem. Cutting and pasting or typing the code is really a small inconvenience. I'm actually having more of an inconvenience with bold and italics not always being easy to shut-off. I'll live with it. The site is better overall, so it's not a big deal.

Quote:
Maybe it is time to do some maintenance on your computer? We don't seem to be able to reproduce the issue on a variety of systems we're trying.
I hope not.

Quote:
Sorry
Please, I appreciate all you've done. No apologies needed.

Thanks again.
Old April 19th, 2008, 12:59 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by soberman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjee View Post
So now I'm going to go with java. If you go to the Tools menu in IE7, and select Sun Java Console, what version show in the title bar? The one on the machine I'm using here is: 1.5.0_06
1.4.2. If you don't feel this is the issue, please don't expend anymore effort on resolving this problem.
Try updating, I haven't been able to find anything diffinitive regarding required version of java for the vbulletin boards. (didn't look really hard)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soberman View Post
Quote:
Maybe it is time to do some maintenance on your computer? We don't seem to be able to reproduce the issue on a variety of systems we're trying.
I hope not.
It isn't that big a deal, and is a good idea to do some periodic maintenance. Always make a backup first (cds or dvds, but better to an external hard drive) then do things like clear temp files, run a disk scan. I like to use Norton Systemworks (not installed!! just run utilities from the cd) after doing the general built in cleanup stuff.

One thing I didn't yet suggest (note my admirable restraint) is to try using Firefox.
Old April 20th, 2008, 09:40 AM

insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker

I'm having the problem of having to log in after, what seems like, every button I click. When I click on "quote" button, I have to log in and then, sometimes I have to log in again and it will say I'm not logged in and ask that I log in again and again and so on. Then, when I am logged in and go to reply to a post, I'm able to add my response, click submit and it says I'm not logged in and has a place for my user name and password.
Old April 20th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Ug, a gray man

Eckels knows what's in an order marker Eckels knows what's in an order marker

That actually sounds like a cookie problem, insomnimaniac.

Try deleting any cookies for heroscapers.com (or simply wiping all of your cookies) and try logging in again. If you're still having trouble, then we'll have ruled out cookies, and can try to figure out what else it might be.

Also, make sure you're not using links (such as bookmarks) that go to heroscapers.com rather than www.heroscapers.com (or vice versa) - sometimes this can cause issues with cookies as well.

Good Traders: Just_a_Bill, Wind Lane, Steiner, Hilo-scaper, tdavid6
My Latest Maps
Old April 20th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Ug, a gray man

Eckels knows what's in an order marker Eckels knows what's in an order marker

I haven't seen any mention of this yet, but I didn't notice it until today anyway - In the wide-page format, the Quick Reply text box at the bottom of each page has a width of only 17 or 18. It's rather odd.

I also have my reply boxes set to "Plain Old Text Box" rather than all the wysiwyg fanciness.

Picture:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...riginal=1&c=14

Good Traders: Just_a_Bill, Wind Lane, Steiner, Hilo-scaper, tdavid6
My Latest Maps
Old April 20th, 2008, 05:35 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckels View Post
I haven't seen any mention of this yet, but I didn't notice it until today anyway - In the wide-page format, the Quick Reply text box at the bottom of each page has a width of only 17 or 18. It's rather odd.

I also have my reply boxes set to "Plain Old Text Box" rather than all the wysiwyg fanciness.

Picture:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...riginal=1&c=14
Hmm, I wonder if that is something I broke without realizing it when making some changes to the wide style post bits yesterday. I'll take a look and see. I have mine set to wysiwyg so hadn't noticed.

--edit
Well, I switched to basic text box and mine is a normal size. Eckels, what browser are you using? Does it also happen in the default style?
Old April 20th, 2008, 06:10 PM

Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby!

Did anyone notice how the "Official Rules and FAQ's" section randomely became alphabetized, regardless of time posted. ?

Weird things like these keep happening on this site.
Old April 20th, 2008, 06:10 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

When you click on the official rules forum, it is ranking the threads in an odd way. (at least for me) It is placing really old threads with no new posts (and no polls) right after the "pinned" threads.

In the other forums, (Official units for example) the first threads after the pinned threads are the threads with the most recent posting activity.

It seems backwards in the official rules forum.

Edit - looks like gomolka noticed as well and determined it was alphabetized.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old April 20th, 2008, 06:12 PM

Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby!

*Edit* - Nevermind. Posting at the same time causes confusion.

But yes, I noticed this random change

This is not the first time that a mass amount of posts have been changed or brought back out of nowhere. Also, on several occasions, the site will indicate that a new post has been made, however when you enter the section to check the new post, it doesn't exist.

=/

*Double edit* - I also noticed another very odd occurance, relating to the same subject. As a test, I posted a reply in Starting Zone Spaces, however it was not brought up to the front page of the Official Rules and FAQ's section of the forums. It is still alphabetized, regardless of any new posts.

Last edited by Gomolka; April 20th, 2008 at 06:20 PM.
Old April 20th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Forums Good I Has

J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker

Yeah, I was wondering about that. The only way I could find my thread was going to my profile.

Old April 20th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Site Admin

funrun is surprisingly tart

I don't see any alphabetizing in that forum right now. Is it fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomolka View Post
This is not the first time that a mass amount of posts have been changed or brought back out of nowhere. Also, on several occasions, the site will indicate that a new post has been made, however when you enter the section to check the new post, it doesn't exist.
This has been explained (I think in this thread) that whenever a poll receives a new vote, it counts as new activity in the thread and puts it to the top of the list with the name of whoever made the last post listed with the timestamp of the vote.

I have now changed the related column heading to be "Last Post / Vote" in hopes of preventing more confusion. The only thing I can't prevent confusion on is the name that shows in the forums list will always be the name of the last poster, and not the voter (because voting can be anonymous.)

funrun's HS Repaints
Read my blog for interesting randomness as it comes to me.

Last edited by funrun; April 20th, 2008 at 08:31 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online