Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old June 3rd, 2021, 07:25 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
This looks like it was a blast.
It was! We're Scaping again in Brooklyn on the 16th.

Old June 4th, 2021, 03:54 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Had a nice dinner with Kolakoski at the new restaurant on Roosevelt Island (his Secret Island Base). We talked Scape and other things. We discussed Ishmel's first ideas for our next game while K. will be away. He lent me his Cyprien Eisenwein, as mine has gone AWOL. Things disappear and then turn up again here in my mancave, with its ten of thousands of game pieces and minis curated in various collections.

I got to see the new apartment he'd just moved into with his wife. We also looked through his remaining Scape collection after his big sale. This very early morning they're off for the airport to visit relatives in another state for a month, to return in early July.

Just finished my Eight Days A Week Marathon of eight straight days of board gaming with live opponents, as pals come out of the Pandemic Lockdown and drop by. I've also now started my Six Months of Kickstarters with Titans (by Go On Board). I'll be getting five more KS titles about once a month, now that the worldwide shipping crisis has eased a bit. I backed them at very different times, but they are now starting to roll in from China; two more are "on the water" on container ships from there right now! They are Empire of the Stars and Ankh: Gods of Egypt. Later on The Great Wall and two game expansions will be coming. See the Other Board Games thread in the Off Topic section for details! I continue to run my own club one game at a time here--its good to be retired!

I've just gotten a new bed with a fancy mattress from a store in Manhattan, and a nice old comfy second hand reclining chair from our local development's online bulletin board. Its not easy to get comfortable with this crazy weather--one day I have to find my flannel pajamas, and the next day unseal an air conditioner! Crazy! As masking requirements begin to ease, I'm meeting fully vaccinated pals I haven't seen since the Pandemic started a year ago; some out at surviving local restaurants that are just reopening. Its back to some semblance of normality.

Hope you are enjoying the same, where ever you are!

Last edited by chas; June 4th, 2021 at 11:02 AM.
Old June 4th, 2021, 06:32 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Good stuff. Nice to have things getting a little more normal.
Old June 4th, 2021, 08:59 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Coming on June 16....

"Eck tel le sendar, ret kal len condaaaaar!"

The Curse of Morindan
Four armies have converged on the shadowy graveyard near the caverns of Morindan. Rumor has it that the secret to reanimating the dead lies buried with the shaman there, and all four are determined to win the prize and tilt the balance of power in their favor. But a curse lies over the ground here.... the Curse of Morindan!

Rules:
When any non-Undead small or medium figure is destroyed, the defender rolls a d20. On a 1-10, that figure is replaced by a Zombie of Morindan from the reserve pool of Zombies.

After taking a turn, any player may utter the word "Braaaaaains" and reveal the X Order Marker on a card they control. They may then take a turn with the Zombies of Morindan.

Map:
Spelunk-O-Rama by Dignan. Slightly modified (glyphs to be replaced with shadow, "gravestones" added for flavor).

Armies:
560 points. Start zone is 17 spaces. Minimum 12 figures, only small or medium allowed, no Undead because of the Curse or something.

Victory:
Points on the battlefield. If only Zombies are left, everyone loses.
Old June 4th, 2021, 11:12 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Very nice! Our new member Ishmel is a very experienced Scaper, with posts all over the site and his own custom superhero thread. He's visited before, but now has more time to join us regularly. He's also given me a ride out to our local Islandscape Convention in the past. Ish is very generous with extra figures and terrain he doesn't need too.

Kolakoski's Cyprien says: "I just flew in from the Secret Island Base, and now I can't participate. Back to the Family Crypt with the other Esenweins!"

K. reminded me last evening that we did an earlier Zombie themed game years ago, where we had to escape to a boat to get off their island. You can see that scenario and many other of our past adventures on Kolakoski's Blog. I own eight cards of them, because they came packaged as a horde back in the day!
Old June 4th, 2021, 04:01 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That is awesome. The Zombies are my all time favorite Heroscape card and that includes customs.
Old June 9th, 2021, 08:22 AM

Group Logistics

Our next game set for Wed. June 16. But now Tablewalker can't make it, so it will be a three player, which often happens. This will be a free for all. When we do a team game, one person will take two armies at once if necessary, usually the Game Master. So we usually try to build two armies per game date both for that contingency and to play more than one game each day with a different army (usually two or even three). Right now Ishmel is looking into 3 Player maps; I also have built up a large hard copy map library from which we can choose by number of players it takes. So anyone hosting a game can request a list of relevant maps we already have the plans for.

Attendance is always variable. Sometimes a person will have to leave after the first game, or even show up after it. Other times we only have two people who can make it. Infrequently we have a guest; often sometimes one who is visiting NYC from elsewhere. We're always open for more players to join us. We introduced about four new players one memorable day when Jeff Van Ness (Craig's brother) showed up to play.

I also have only one person over for two player games on other dates. Often this is to try out new custom figures, as I did recently with Ishmel. We also play superheroes ("Marvelscape", although not usually confined to Marvel characters as such) and many other Scape variants.

Occasionally someone will come over early or even the day before to freebuild his own map for his own game. I have a very large table here, which usually has some game or other up on it. Being retired, setting up one board game and knocking it down for the next day or even later the same day happens often.

And that's a good thing.
Old June 9th, 2021, 09:11 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

My armies are created!

Old June 10th, 2021, 09:23 AM

He's back folks, and we're doing a 4 Player once more! Like I said, attendance is always variable...
Old June 14th, 2021, 09:57 AM

HEROSCAPE VALKRILL CARDS ROSTER
(4 Official,* 27 Custom; 6/21)
By Chas

Maratuk 195
Vulcanmech Incindiborgs 180
Corvor The Tainted One 175
Brimstone 150
Azazel the Kyrie Warrior 140
Morgoloth 140
Nicholas Eisenwein 140
Z'Toth, Mouth of the Abyss
Rachiem 140
Motley Max 135
Emperor Andask 130
Gothlok 130
Ashi Dhulu 115
Uzog 110

Havech Eradicators 90
Nhah Scirh Cultists 80
Horned Skull Brutes* 75
Banshees of Durgeth Swamp 70
Durgath Ravagers 65
Skull Demon 65
Mezzodemon Warriors* 65
Death Knights of Valkrill* 60
Death Chasers of Thesk* 55
Acolytes of Vorganund 50

Siiv 40
Tomb Skeletons 40
Tomb Skeleton Archers 30
Bloodburst Thrall 30
Darkprowl Thrall 30
Deathstrike Thrall 30
Preyblood Thrall 30

This is an update of the Valkrill list. I keep a separate list because almost all of it is composed of C3G customs, since there were only 4 official cards made when the game ended. Likewise, I keep them all together, where the other Generals have separate card piles for officials and customs. When several new ones come out for the Second Evil Kyrie, at the same time, I like to field all Valkrill armies, just because!
Old June 14th, 2021, 01:13 PM

Interesting Time Building Armies

I just built two armies for Wednesday. After putting cards together for the first time for each, even though I'm terrible at math, they both came right out to the required 560 points.

One is a collection of Classic figures I've used often before but with one new custom I haven't used--after I researched it a bit on its Book. All of the Classics are from the same General.

The other is a totally experimental combo with two cards I haven't used at all, and one only once. I'm trying to connect synergies among figures from
3 different Generals on this second team.

On the other hand, all figures from both armies have one very important thing in common!

Go figure!

Well, I never reveal my armies until after a game, so I can't be counter drafted. But I always list them afterwards, so look forward to it. All guesses accepted.
Old June 16th, 2021, 10:04 AM

Okay, I had to reform the armies for different reasons. They are looking better now, and the points are still close, now at 545 and 550. I looked more closely at one card I hadn't used before, oddly enough at his classification. Which explains why I never used him before. And I had to add more figures to the other army to reach the minimum allowed in the scenario!

Taeblewalker will be unable to join us after all. Ishmel is considering how to use the 4 Player board I had already built for only 3 of us. I've invited a new Scaper pal to join us. We'll still have 4 players if he can join in at the last minute!

A game organizer's work is never done...and he couldn't make it. We'll report later on how we compensated for having 3 Players on a 4 Player board.

Last edited by chas; June 16th, 2021 at 10:34 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion