Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old February 26th, 2023, 03:50 AM

Mrcellophane1978 is surprisingly tart
Additional cover rules?

Does anyone know if there are any custom rules about cover that are commonly used? It seems a missed opportunity for there to be so many options to use cover but the only impact they have is to protect from being attacked when 100% of the figure is hidden but you can be attacked if a toe is pointing out with full strength.

I was thinking of a new rule "if more than 50‰ of the defending units damagable area is hidden by cover, the defending unit adds 1 to their defence dice."

Or better

"if more than 50‰ of the defending unit is hidden by cover, roll the d20. If a 15 or higher is rolled, add 1 to the defence roll" thoughts? Thanks!
Old February 26th, 2023, 04:16 AM

Re: Additional cover rules?

Nvm. I found a set of semi official cover rules posted on the forum.
Old February 26th, 2023, 06:48 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Have fun arguing over wether half of a mini is covered.
Sounds like Warhammer.
Old February 26th, 2023, 09:15 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Have fun arguing over wether half of a mini is covered.
Sounds like Warhammer.
Agreed. When it comes to cover rules for Heroscape, I've never felt the juice was worth the squeeze. But various ideas for it have always lingered around; to quote Wesley Snipes, "Some mother******* are always trying to ice skate uphill."
Old February 26th, 2023, 09:55 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think there's a way to do it pretty simply. But if you're getting into fractions, yeah, you've not found that way, IMO.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 27th, 2023, 11:08 AM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

@hextr1p 's Partial Cover Rules are great. Widely used? Don't think so, but they should be. Turns the entire board into Raelin (except for Huge figures)...
Old February 27th, 2023, 12:32 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
@hextr1p 's Partial Cover Rules are great. Widely used? Don't think so, but they should be. Turns the entire board into Raelin (except for Huge figures)...
Yea probably the best of the rules. However Jungle trees become really OP if Jungle bonus stacks with partial cover. Personally I would just make all destructible objects the same rules as Jungle trees and be done with it.
Old February 27th, 2023, 04:43 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Personally I would just make all destructible objects the same rules as Jungle trees and be done with it.
This is the only cover idea I've ever considered adding to my games, but I've never pulled the trigger.
Old February 27th, 2023, 04:47 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Personally I would just make all destructible objects the same rules as Jungle trees and be done with it.
This is the only cover idea I've ever considered adding to my games, but I've never pulled the trigger.
C3G 2.0's approach to partial cover is a similar light touch to this, but a tad more thematic, IMO.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 1st, 2023, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Yea probably the best of the rules. However Jungle trees become really OP if Jungle bonus stacks with partial cover. Personally I would just make all destructible objects the same rules as Jungle trees and be done with it.
Yes this is the set of rules I found and I am going to try it out. While heroscape is simple, some of the rules e.g. extra defence or attack with height, falling damage are beautifully simple and add hugely over skirmish games which don't have such rules. It seems a shame then to have so much cover, as well as the images on the cards showing hitboxes, and then not have additional rules to reference cover.

It makes a lot of sense that if there is any kind of cover partially obscuring line of sight that is higher than the unit, it should provide a defensive bonus. This really helps melee units which are significantly underpowered a lot of the time when trying to close on mobile ranged units. I think the friendly fire rules are overkill though!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions