Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old February 5th, 2007, 09:43 PM

Elendithas has disabled reputation
Please help finding stock

I realize that I live in the country of igloos and eskimos, that I say eh? a lot and that I play a demented mutant form of football, but why should that mean I have to pay absolutely outrageous shipping to have expansions from my favorite game sent?

The lowest I saw is $25, which doesn't sound like a lot until you realize that all I want is 1 Road to the Forgotten Forest Expansion, which is $25! I don't have a ton of money to spend on this game, so the free shipping limits mean nothing, mostly because I live in CANADA, and I'd have to pay more anyway! Arrrggghhh!!

*Phew* Sorry guys. Had to get that off my chest. If anyone knows of a store with decent shipping rates, please let me know. My kids are starting to tire of the MS, and our retailers here in the middle of butt munch nowhere don't have the decency to stock any HS at all. Please help!!
Old February 5th, 2007, 09:56 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Have you talked to Sandra at http://www.housemousegames.com yet? I've heard great reports from other Canadians about her service.

~Aldin, shippingly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 5th, 2007, 09:57 PM

HS ~ KNT is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Please help finding stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendithas
I realize that I live in the country of igloos and eskimos, that I say eh? a lot and that I play a demented mutant form of football, but why should that mean I have to pay absolutely outrageous shipping to have expansions from my favorite game sent?

The lowest I saw is $25, which doesn't sound like a lot until you realize that all I want is 1 Road to the Forgotten Forest Expansion, which is $25! I don't have a ton of money to spend on this game, so the free shipping limits mean nothing, mostly because I live in CANADA, and I'd have to pay more anyway! Arrrggghhh!!

*Phew* Sorry guys. Had to get that off my chest. If anyone knows of a store with decent shipping rates, please let me know. My kids are starting to tire of the MS, and our retailers here in the middle of butt munch nowhere don't have the decency to stock any HS at all. Please help!!
Where in Canama? Heh, I love saying Canama...

Anyways, check the News Forum, it's got some ideas too.

~Neko: Leaving, sadly. I hope to see you all around. =^-^=

Making Custom Fixes for Heroscape Once more, I will say my camera hates me.
Old February 5th, 2007, 09:59 PM

That's who had the lowest shipping. But to pay $25 US to ship a 2 lb box seems a little high for me. I tried looking at (ugh) Ebay, but their shipping was worse!! Even if you bought a used set, the shipping makes the savings null and void. That's it! I'm coing Stateside. Look Out!!

Lol

E.
Old February 5th, 2007, 10:00 PM

Re: Please help finding stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by HS ~ KNT

Where in Canama? Heh, I love saying Canama...

Anyways, check the News Forum, it's got some ideas too.
I live in Calgary. Land of Mountains, Chinooks, The Saddledome, Hero...nope...no heroscape here...

E.
Old February 5th, 2007, 10:03 PM

HS ~ KNT is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Ah, Calgary... I've never been to that neck of the woods (always wanted to say that...)

Anyways, no store in Canada is going to have HS at a 'reasonable' pricem unless it's on sale, I've found. So I wish you good luck in your online searching.

~Neko: Leaving, sadly. I hope to see you all around. =^-^=

Making Custom Fixes for Heroscape Once more, I will say my camera hates me.
Old February 8th, 2007, 12:16 AM

nbxfan has disabled reputation
try some of the websites that find the "best prices" which also take into account shipping...such as pricegrabber.com and ebates.com. Also, though you may frown on ebay, you never know when people who know little about what they are selling will put something up for basically nothing. I just can't figure the people who massively overpay for something they can easily find online or in a store for...Also, if you know the stores that are being talked about you might try finding "e-coupons" for free shipping or other discounts. Often online stores have coupons that most people don't know about but, if you do a search for them on google or whatever you never know what you are going to find.
Old February 9th, 2007, 10:21 AM

Kaiden has disabled reputation
Well my interesting in heroscape is fluctuating.

I live in Australia. I bought the master set, romans, heroes of bleakwood and then supply ceased. Only yesterday I purchased the snipers/vipers and grut orcs off of ebay which luckily was local.

And thats it.

I just emailed housemousegames about 3 large expansions that I particularly want. Then I have to go to my customs office to check with them how much I will have to expect to pay to have them shipped here.

**** hasbro, I should just get a new hobby.
Old February 12th, 2007, 10:54 PM

Well, Here's an update:

As of 10:00 pm local (MST) time, I have a box containing 1 x RTTFF, 1 x Tundra Set & 1 x wolve & minute men coming from housemousegames.com. I am well pleased with Sandra's attention to my needs and the efficiency with which she got my order ready and on its way. I look forward to cracking the packaging to see my new toys.

House Mouse Rules!!

E.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion