Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 12th, 2014, 09:07 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Psycho-Man - Playtesting Phase

OP should have johnny's tests linked.

Are we sure we don't want to wait for one more test here? 190 seems safe so far, but he has a lot of potential to mess with the opponent, getting another experienced hand would help confirm things. Viegon was asking who he should test next, so I think he'd be glad to run some here.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old July 12th, 2014, 09:10 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yea at 190.

I think you have a little bit of redundant text in Control Box now. Here's my suggested cut:

CONTROL-BOX
Before taking a turn with Psycho-Man, you may choose an opponent’s Unique Hero within 4 clear sight spaces of Psycho-Man and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 6 or higher, choose one of the other special powers on this card that has not yet been chosen this round to affect the chosen Hero for the remainder of this round. Place the appropriate gray Control Marker on the chosen Hero’s Army Card. While that marker is on that Hero's card, the chosen power affects that Hero. At the end the round, remove the Control Marker from that card. Androids and figures with the Mental Shield special power are not affected by Control-Box.

Edit: I'm fine waiting on a test from Viegon (and requesting one from him specifically). I'll also link that test now.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 12th, 2014, 09:46 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I'm fine with 190 but I wouldn't mind waiting for another test to be sure.
Old July 12th, 2014, 10:05 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Viegon's signed up and I sent him the info.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 16th, 2014, 05:44 PM
"Special Eyes"

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

SP updated with Bats' suggestions.

Any word from V?

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 53 - ARKHAM UNLEASHED
Old July 16th, 2014, 10:29 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

Not yet. Presumably he'll message you with the results when he has them.

Old July 17th, 2014, 09:25 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

I'll get on his case to wrap them up soon.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old July 17th, 2014, 08:19 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

Part 1:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon
Psycho-Man is a very interesting design, and a lot of fun to play with and against. His powers add a ton of strategy; deciding who to target and when and with what emotion gives the player some very unique decision making without being too complex. I really enjoyed playing him.

As to balance, I'd say he's about spot on. I felt like I had consistently poor luck with him (in the second game his teammates had great luck but his was only average), and I think that with average luck he would be worth just a little more then 190; 200, maybe 210, but certainly no more.

However, I would like to suggest some changes. For one, I think the roll should be dropped entirely from Control-Box; it would simplify the power, cut down on text, make him a little less swingy, and avoid the very annoying occasional missed roll. It wouldn't even make him that much more powerful, maybe a 10 point bump?

Also, while Hate makes a very fun and thematic power, I worry there are way too many loopholes in it right now. Off the top of my head:
1) Can figures use "before taking a turn" powers before they have to take a Hate-guided turn? What about "instead of taking a turn" powers and "after taking a turn" powers? In my games, I allowed both Kingpin (before taking a turn) and Frankenstein (after taking a turn) to use their powers, but was I playing it right?
2) If a figure has a power that triggers in the after moving and before attacking phase (such as Jean Grey's Telekinesis 12), can they use it? And if so, who can they choose?
3) What about a figure with a special attack? Hate states "it must attack that figure", but it doesn't say how; does the Hate-controlled figure get to choose which attack to use? As an example, in my last game I allowed Bishop to use his SA instead of his normal attack because it had less chance of doing damage.
4) What about multi-attacks? For example, could Wolverine use his first attack against an ally and then switch to attacking an opponent? Wouldn't he have fulfilled the "it must attack that figure" wording?
5) What about powers that trigger off of movement? Can Angel carry a figure while his move is directed by Hate? Can Archangel roll for Razor Wing Slash?
6) Hate states, in the moving part, "or has exhausted its movement"; is that talking about the figures move number on it's card or does it include move boosts such as road? If Banshee can't quite get to his target with his normal 6 move, would he have to use his Sonic Flying power to move 3 more spaces?

While you could try to FAQ all of these odd scenarios, it would take an insane amount of FAQs and would require players to check Psycho-Man's thread almost every time he's played; personally, that's not something I want to see. My suggestion is to do one of two things: 1) have Hate negate all of the units powers during that turn, or 2) change the power so that Psycho-Man's player takes temporary control of that figure and takes the turn.

It should also have an "if possible" in there to clarify what happens when the affected Hero has no allies.

Anyways, that's just my thoughts, do with them as you will. On to the report:

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Psycho-Man

- THEME TEST
Pass

- MIRROR TEST
Pass

- BONDING TEST
Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST
Pass

- POWER CHECK
Pass

- FUN TEST
Pass

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST
Pass

- DRAFTING TEST
Pass

- USAGE TEST
Pass

- STRATEGY TEST
Pass

Army Test 1
- Does it pass, Yes or No?
Pass
- What should be the unit's point value? 190-200
- Give a brief overview. Teaming up Psycho-Man and Ms. Marvel is killer, it especially makes Fear very useful. However, a couple of bad defense rolls took down Ms. Marvel early, leading to Doctor Fate and Psycho-Man barely pulling out the win.

UNIT SUM-UP
Damage:
Normal Attack: 2 wounds to Kingpin, 4 wounds to the Hood.
With Kingpin While Affected by Hate: 1 wound to Black Tarantula, 1 wound to The Hood.
Power Usage/Effectiveness:
Control-Box: Rolled for 9 times, 6+ rolled 8 times. Order of use: Fear used on Kingpin, Hate used on Kingpin, Fear used on Black Tarantula, Hate used on Kingpin, Fear used on Kingpin, Doubt used on The Hood, Fear used on The Hood, Fear used on The Hood.
Fear: Movement subtraction interfered with 1 turns, Defense subtraction came into affect for 7 defense rolls.
Doubt: Movement subtraction interfered with 0 turns, Attack subtraction came into affect for 1 attack rolls.
Hate: Activated on 2 turns. The affected hero was able to move adjacent and attack 2 times. Took 1 wound from leaving engagement attacks.

Map: Island Plane Crash (no glyphs or special rules)
Units: Psycho-Man, Ms. Marvel, Doctor Fate (830 points) VS Kingpin, Black Tarantula, The Hood, Electro (835 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Old July 17th, 2014, 08:19 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

Part 2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon

Army Test 2
Pass
- What should be the unit's point value? 190 I guess.
- Give a brief overview. Though Psycho-Man's team had a huge win this game, Psycho-Man didn't really contribute. Robot and Red Skull, backed by Oracle and extremely unbalanced luck, was a terrifying team-up, and Psycho-Man just wasn't needed. His only contribution was to put Hate on Cap so that he'd die from leaving engagement attacks, but his team would have done just fine without him.

UNIT SUM-UP
Damage:
Normal Attack: N/A
With Captain America While Affected by Hate: Cap took 2 wounds to die from leaving engagement attacks while affected.
Control-Box: Rolled for 1 times, 6+ rolled 1 times. Order of use: Hate used on Captain America.
Fear: Not used.
Doubt: Not used.
Hate: Activated on 1 turn. The affected hero wasn't able to move adjacent to attack.

Units: Psycho-Man, Robot, Oracle, Aaron Cash, Red Skull (C3G) (795 points) VS Brit, Captain America (C3G), Bucky, Donald Ferguson, Ragdoll (800 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 3
Pass
- What should be the unit's point value? No less then 190.
- Give a brief overview. Despite having terrible, terrible luck, Psycho-Man preformed pretty well this game. The rest of his team was able to position to absorb most of the attacks, which freed up Psycho-Man to do whatever he wanted. However, the dice failed him. He repeatedly failed his attacks against Frankenstein despite the fact that he was rolling 5 or 6 attack dice dice versus 1 defense die (thanks to Fear); and on defense, while always rolling at least 7 dice, he had multiple near-whiffs, resulting in him dying much earlier then he should have. Plus he failed one of his Control-Box rolls at a key moment while the opponent repeatedly won initiative, which is devastating for Psycho-Man.

UNIT SUM-UP
Damage:
Normal Attack: 5 wounds to Frankenstein.
With Frankenstein While Affected by Hate: 1 wound to Grundy.
Control-Box: Rolled for 5 times, 6+ rolled 4 times. Order of use: Hate used on Frankenstein, Fear used on Frankenstein, Fear used on Frankenstein, Doubt used on Lizard.
Fear: Movement subtraction interfered with 0 turns, Defense subtraction came into affect for 4 defense rolls.
Doubt: Movement subtraction interfered with 0 turns, Attack subtraction came into affect for 1 attack rolls.
Hate: Activated on 1 turn. The affected hero was able to move adjacent and attack.

Units: Psycho-Man, John Stewart, Captain America (Hasbro), Diamondback (810 points) VS Frankenstein, Solomon Grundy, Lizard (810 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 4
Pass
- What should be the unit's point value? 190 or so.
- Give a brief overview. Psycho-Man didn't get much chance to shine this game because he died prematurely. Armor attacked him 4 times from lower (4 attack dice vs. 7 defense dice), and Psycho-Man didn't defend a single one of the attacks. Ms. Marvel, too, had bad defense dice. Had his and Ms. Marvel's defense not failed them, and/or initiative not sided with the enemy, Psycho-Man and his team would have brought this game a lot closer.

UNIT SUM-UP
Damage:
Normal Attack: 2 wounds to Jubilee, 2 wounds to Gambit.
Control-Box: Rolled for 3 times, 6+ rolled 3 times. Order of use: Fear used on Jubilee, Hate used on Bishop, Fear used on Gambit.
Fear: Movement subtraction interfered with 0 turns, Defense subtraction came into affect for 3 defense rolls.
Doubt: Wasn't used.
Hate: Activated on 1 turn. The affected hero was able to move adjacent and attack.

Units: Psycho-Man, Ms. Marvel, Hawkeye (II) (700 points) VS Bishop, Banshee, Gambit, Jubilee, Armor (700 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Old July 17th, 2014, 08:20 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

I actually totally agree with dropping the D20 from the Control Box. It was really irritating not to get it and made me not want to put Order Markers on him at all. I'd be OK with seeing him go up to 210 as a trade off.

Old July 17th, 2014, 08:39 PM
"Special Eyes"

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

I can go along with both of those.

With that and to address his other concerns, what about:

POINTS = 210

CONTROL-BOX
Before taking a turn with Psycho-Man, you may choose an opponent’s Unique Hero within 4 clear sight spaces of Psycho-Man and choose one of the other special powers on this card that has not yet been chosen this round. Place the appropriate gray Control Marker on the chosen Hero’s Army Card. While that marker is on that Hero's card, the chosen power affects that Hero. At the end the round, remove the Control Marker from that card. Androids and figures with the Mental Shield special power are not affected by Control-Box.

FEAR
An affected Hero subtracts 2 from its Move and Defense numbers.

DOUBT
An affected Hero subtracts 2 from its Move and Attack numbers.

HATE
When an affected Hero takes a turn, all of its special powers are negated for that turn. The player controlling that Hero must choose a friendly figure that is nearest to it and move it normally along a shortest path towards the chosen figure until it is adjacent to the chosen figure or has exhausted its movement. The affected Hero must attack the chosen figure, if possible. A Hero moved by Hate will take any leaving engagement attacks.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 53 - ARKHAM UNLEASHED
Old July 17th, 2014, 09:13 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

Works for me! That'll make Hate a bit weaker too, because they won't be using their really nasty abilities to do damage during the turn and can't use once per game abilities like Supernova or God of Thunder or Harley Quinn's bomb.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library