Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old October 23rd, 2017, 07:30 AM

chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

I don't usually play pure Euros, but recently I picked a couple up. Yesterday played one of them, Emperor's Choice, a second time, this time with the full player count. It was lucky that we had all five players, as two couldn't make it and were somehow replaced with other people. I enjoyed it, although for a second time I came in dead last! We had a good game, but the others said they thought the theme was not as strong, and those who had played Iki last month preferred it. Hoping next month to play Corto, another Euro I just purchased, as its much shorter, and can be played on the same day with other games as well.

Also played the first of two Battle of Brooklyn scenarios from the new Tricorne after three of the others went home. My opponent did exceptionally well with the Continentals, in a battle that actually took place only a few miles down the road from my house. Although we didn't finish the game, the Americans were ahead in VPs the whole time. They resisted an army which was better both qualitatively and numerically! Although I plan to game out the rest of the play solitaire, it doesn't look good for the British, who historically routed Washington's army--the second scenario is even worse for the Continentals, as they start off practically surrounded due to a surprise British flank march.

Oddly enough, although the Americans were not trained much yet and had Provincial and Militia troops outnumbering their Regulars, this early battle in 1776 was the largest battle of the war!

Last edited by chas; October 28th, 2017 at 10:48 PM.
Old October 28th, 2017, 05:50 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

I'm currently in a tournament in Las Vegas playing Nevermore for a possible cash prize.

Old October 29th, 2017, 12:51 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Today at an all-day event with my game group, I played:

Shadow Hunters
Clank In Space
Power Grid on the Japan map

The Walking Dead All Out War miniatures game

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 29th, 2017, 01:15 AM

Scaperedude knows what's in an order marker Scaperedude knows what's in an order marker Scaperedude knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post

Shadow Hunters
Clank In Space

LOVE Shadow Hunters! Sounds fun!

scaperedude is Warrior of Ashra...
in THE WAR FORGE
"Go Forth and Have No Fear!!!"
Old October 29th, 2017, 08:31 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaperedude View Post
Quote:

Shadow Hunters
Clank In Space

LOVE Shadow Hunters! Sounds fun!
Yeah, Shadow Hunters is an oldy but a goodie, especially when you have a good sized group playing it.

Old October 29th, 2017, 11:32 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Clank in Space?

Great name.
Old October 29th, 2017, 11:37 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Clank in Space?

Great name.
Yeah for sure

The original Clank that came out a couple years ago was in a dungeon crawl setting, so this one is set in outer space.

Old October 31st, 2017, 10:38 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Clank in Space?

Great name.
Yeah for sure

The original Clank that came out a couple years ago was in a dungeon crawl setting, so this one is set in outer space.
But itís not just Clank in Space, itís Clank! In! Space! You forgot the exclamation points!

Now imagine an announcer from the old Muppet Show saying it, and youíll get where the name came from. I like both versions, but I think I enjoy the space version more. It has a little bit more going on and I enjoy all the sci-fi references.
Old November 1st, 2017, 12:38 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post
Now imagine an announcer from the old Muppet Show saying it, and youíll get where the name came from.
You mean, like this?

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old November 1st, 2017, 06:47 AM
Prickly Cactus

Ahhhhh.....now I get the reference and remember that. Good stuff!

Old November 1st, 2017, 07:31 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice.
Old November 3rd, 2017, 08:47 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Onitama - saw it at GenCon this year, got it and loving it. I played Clank! at GC this year for the first time, ordered the day I got back, relly enjoying it, glad to hear the space version may be better, I have not even used the water expansion yet, but soon I tell ya.
Taeblewalker -- how did you do in Vegas???

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games