Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News
Marvel News Hasbro-released news, store sightings, etc. specific to Marvel HS

Old December 31st, 2010, 01:23 AM

Heroscaper62 has disabled reputation
Marvel:Reinforcements Arrive - Never To Be Released (Photos)

I stumbled across these photos of the unreleased Marvel wave the other day and didn't know how many people on the site have seen them. I'm sorry if these are old and have already been seen.

Picture of all ten figures:

Sandman:

The Human Torch:

Doc Ock:

The Thing:

Invisible Woman:

Bullseye:

Beast:

Black Panther:

No photos of the Punisher or Super Skrull. Sorry.

None of the photos are mine; they were found at http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/31003/heroscape-marvel-expansion-set-the-reinforcements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Background Information: The Reinforcements Arrive Marvel expansion set, as seen in these photos, was first shown alongside The Conflict Begins master set. When The Conflict Begins was released, many wondered when the expansion was also going to come. Then Heroscape was given to Wizards of the Coast and it looked unlikely for the Reinforcements Arrive to ever be realeased. Then Truth interviewed Wizards (can be found here) and they told him that Marvel was going to be released.
Quote:
Marvel/Licensing Questions:

Is Marvel staying with Hasbro?
WotC: Marvel, yes. The Marvel booster wave is going to come out - our engineers are working on it now. We don't have a date for it yet, as it wasn't as complete as Wave 8 when it transitioned.

Are Marvel waves going to be released the same way as regular Heroscape, with four packs in a wave, large expansions, and terrain expansions?
WotC: Marvel waves are 2 packs per wave.

Does this open up some more leeway for DC Comics to sneak into the MARVELSCAPE line?
WotC: We're definitely releasing the already revealed expansion. But, I wouldn't expect DC Heroscape any time soon.

Will WoTC puruse other licenses like Marvel? Will we see Star Wars HS and the like?
WotC: We're looking at other potential licenses that could be brought into Heroscape.

Does new control mean that Heroscape will be further leveraged as an open combat-mechanics system?
WotC: We've talked about it, as Heroscape's such a good game system. I'd love to hear more thoughts about this in a little while (probably "ways to expand Heroscape" is a good topic for another thread, if there isn't one already).
It once again looked like Marvelscape was going to continue, but then Wizards dropped Heroscape completely, without ever releasing the promised Marvel wave. And this is where we are now. No Marvelscape. No Heroscape at all.
This was probably all review for you guys, but it was a nice refresher for me, since I've have given up hope on Reinforcements Arrive a long time ago.

Last edited by Heroscaper62; December 31st, 2010 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Added the background information
Old December 31st, 2010, 01:31 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Marvel Wave 1: Reinforcements Arrive Photos

Yeah, this is extremely old news, probably could have found these by some searching. It is too bad Marvelscape didn't take off, the things planned for it were awesome.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old December 31st, 2010, 05:32 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I don't recall seeing those close up shots before. Thanks.
Old December 31st, 2010, 01:19 PM

killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker

Wow, I forgot how awesome those looked....
Old December 31st, 2010, 02:42 PM

elitebeatk is surprisingly tart

We'll never get an official Deadpool.

Last edited by elitebeatk; December 31st, 2010 at 02:47 PM. Reason: deadpoll is the politician with a mouth. fixed.
Old December 31st, 2010, 02:52 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by elitebeatk View Post
We'll never get an official Deadpool.
You must've missed it.

Old December 31st, 2010, 03:11 PM

elitebeatk is surprisingly tart

This thread was not created to provide shameless plugs to C3G, fine sir.
I already have that Deadpool (and the 50 other custom deadpools) printed out.
Old January 1st, 2011, 06:15 AM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Why was this thread created? To remind us that Wave 1 was created but will never be released? To show us great miniatures that we will never get to own? These threads serve no purpose but to stir a pot that has been overstirred for years. You are correct that there will never be another official release by Hasbro, but there doesn't even need to be. We have official cards now. C3G does just as good a job as Hasbro ever did. Hell, I think they do better.
Old January 1st, 2011, 09:51 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Quote:
Why was this thread created? To remind us that Wave 1 was created but will never be released? To show us great miniatures that we will never get to own? These threads serve no purpose but to stir a pot that has been overstirred for years. You are correct that there will never be another official release by Hasbro, but there doesn't even need to be. We have official cards now. C3G does just as good a job as Hasbro ever did. Hell, I think they do better.
I agree. If we can punch out 50 good untis in a year, and they can only give us 10 somewhat-bad ones, well it's self-explanatory from there...

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old December 31st, 2010, 05:39 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I better try and rep Balantai before he takes down the plug.
Old December 31st, 2010, 05:56 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The sad thing is that, with a few exceptions, these are better than any representations that HeroClix have ever done of these guys...

...too bad this is as close to the sculpts as we'll ever get!

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old December 31st, 2010, 06:05 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
The sad thing is that, with a few exceptions, these are better than any representations that HeroClix have ever done of these guys...

...too bad this is as close to the sculpts as we'll ever get!
Yeah, I know. Most of the others have some decent sculpts, but I drool over that Bullseye all the time...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News