Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old December 31st, 2018, 12:27 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Thanos (Infinity Quest) - Breathing

I like that. And the winner of initiative each round could place the new one.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 31st, 2018, 12:52 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
What if Thanos starts with one and each player places one and then they come out at the end of each round.
Then (at least) four would be out by the end of round 1.
Sounds like the best of both worlds - Thanos can plan to claim them to a degree but still has to think on his feet and there's still a certain delay claiming them, depending on the number of people. With Bats's suggestion, that sounds good. Only question remaining would be who places at the start if you have more than 5 players? Doubt that'll be an issue often (it never will be for me, almost certainly - I only have two people I play with right now! ), but it's the sort of thing that can come up, and we need an answer for.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 31st, 2018, 04:01 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Maybe have them place them initially in initiative order as well so that when they're out they're out.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 31st, 2018, 04:25 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Maybe have them place them initially in initiative order as well so that when they're out they're out.
I'd rather avoid that if possible so that you can plan your Round One OM placement with them in mind, but it's not a hill I'm going to die on if there isn't a better way.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 31st, 2018, 05:07 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Generally speaking in gaming you go clockwise around the table until you can't go any more or you get back to where it started. So the Thanos player gets to choose one gem, then the player on their left chooses one gem, then the player on their left and so on.

*edit* I see you already have that in place in the current SP wording but going counter clockwise, so I'm not sure what you were asking about then as it relates to 5 players.
Old December 31st, 2018, 05:35 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

What you have in the SP seems to work fine for your 1st option, I only changed it from 5 spaces to 3 and opened up the clockwise vs. counter-clockwise debate. I'm fine with each side essentially starting with 3 gems in a two player game, having Thanos only get one while his opponent gets the other 5 could led to some long matches.

INFINITY QUEST
At the start of the game, place the Glyph of Infinity Gauntlet and a Glyph of Infinity on this card. Then, the player to your right/left places a Glyph of Infinity on any empty space on the battlefield. Repeat this process until six Glyphs of Infinity are in play. Glyphs cannot be placed within 3 spaces of any other figure or another Glyph of Infinity, and cannot share a name with a Glyph already in play.

For the second option, here is my attempt at putting it into words:

INFINITY QUEST
At the start of the game, place the Glyph of Infinity Gauntlet and a Glyph of Infinity on this card and choose an opponent to place a Glyph of Infinity on any empty space on the battlefield. At the end of each round, the player who won initiative this round must place a Glyph of Infinity on any empty space on the battlefield, if that player was not the player who controls this card, place another Glyph of Infinity on any empty space on the battlefield. Glyphs cannot be placed within 3 spaces of any other figure or another Glyph of Infinity, and cannot share a name with a Glyph already in play.

A little long but perhaps there is a way to not have to repeat the 'place a Glyph of Infinity on any empty space on the battlefield' every time. Thanos starts with one glyph of his choice (unless Adam Warlock is in play, then he can't choose the Soul Gem since Adam would be starting with it), and one of Thanos' opponents gets to place one gem where they can easily pick it up right away. At the end of the round 1 or 2 new gems arrive on the battlefield depending on if the Thanos player had won initiative that round or not.
Old January 3rd, 2019, 06:52 PM
Hard as ice

Taking Yodaking's wording suggestion and rolling it into Tornado's latest suggestion for how to work the power, how does this look?

INFINITY QUEST
At the start of the game, place the Glyph of Infinity Gauntlet and a Glyph of Infinity on this card. Then, each player, starting with the player to your right places a Glyph of Infinity on any empty space on the battlefield. Repeat this process until six Glyphs of Infinity are in play or each player has placed a Gyph of Infinity on the battlefield. At the start of each new round, if fewer than six Glyphs of Infinity are in play, the player who wins the initiative must, if possible, place a Glyph of Infinity on any empty space on the battlefield. Glyphs cannot be placed within 3 spaces of any other figure or another Glyph of Infinity, and cannot share a name with a Glyph already in play.

How's that looking to everyone?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 3rd, 2019, 07:21 PM
C3G Landlord

I like how that plays in games of 3 or more players a lot, in 1v1 games the last gem wouldn't drop till the start of R4 (when Adam Warlock isn't around) and I think that should be okay since most Thanos matches are going to be higher point games that last a while anyway. I stay give it a spin and see if you like it during the initial.
Old January 3rd, 2019, 07:38 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool.
Old January 3rd, 2019, 07:47 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Technically, that would allow for infinite Glyphs of Infinity - when Thanos (or anyone with the Gauntlet) equips one, it gets destroyed, so it's no longer in play (EDIT: maybe use language like "in the game?").

Also I don't think Thanos should be able to choose which gem he gets - some are better than others. I think Space Gem in particular is the real easy pick - it lets him teleport to a space with a glyph on it, so if he goes Space and wins initiative, he can snag a second gem real fast.
Old January 3rd, 2019, 08:28 PM
C3G Landlord

I was concerned about how he interacted with Adam anyway from a wording stand point, would you roll a d20 to see if Thanos can claim the Soul Gem before Adam can? So maybe we just name which gem Thanos gets to start with, maybe the Power (?) Gem to mimic the movie and make him a real threat right off the bat.
Old January 4th, 2019, 03:50 PM
Hard as ice

I'd be cool with starting with the Power Gem. Which Gem did he start with in the comics? It'd be kind of cool if you had a choice of either of them. Would there be anyone else likely to start with the Power Gem that could cause conflicts?
I'm good with that 'in play' language, Ronin, if it has the desired effect and we all agree it works.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library