Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old August 14th, 2008, 09:39 AM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The Book of Agent Skahen

The Book of Agent Skahen

2008 Promotional Figure

Link to pdf of Agent Skahen card.

Thanks to Lonewolf for getting the card image up (before I even have my Agent Skahen!) Please use his thread for super excited happiness posts, and let's keep this thread for questions and strategy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
DOUBLE ATTACK
When Agent Skahen attacks, she may attack one additional time.

COVER FIRE
When attacking an opponent’s figure, if Agent Skahen inflicts one or more wounds, you may move one Tricky figure you control who follows Vydar and is within 8 clear sight spaces of Agent Skahen up to 4 spaces. You cannot use Cover Fire to move Agent Skahen.

STEALTH DODGE
When Agent Skahen rolls defense dice against an attacking figure who is not adjacent, one shield will block all damage.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Cover Fire activates after inflicting a wound on an opponent’s figure. How does that interact with powers like the Deathreaver’s Scatter, or on powers that allow figures to ignore wounds? Scatter activates after rolling defense dice, Cover Fire activates after inflicting the wound (after attack/defense dice are counted). Scatter activates first, then Cover Fire. If a special power allows the wound(s) Skahen inflicted to be ignored, Cover Fire would not activate. (From the Heroscape Advanced FAQ)

Synergy Benefits Received
Synergy Benefits Offered
  • TRICKY VYDAR UNITS: Cover Fire
    When attacking an opponent's figure, if Agent Skahen inflicts one or more wounds, you may move one Tricky figure you control who follows Vydar and is within 8 clear sight spaces of Agent Skahen up to 4 spaces. You cannot use Cover Fire to move Agent Skahen.
  • OTONASHI: Tricky Speed 4
    Since Agent Skahen has a Tricky personality, if Otonashi starts her turn adjacent to her, she may add 4 to her move.
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • - TBA

Power Rankings

Jexik: Agent Skahen- She's a pretty solid hero, but the Krav make for a pretty tough act to follow. A-

OEAO: Agent Skahen- Actually better against melee than against range. Very solid ranged hero: 2x3s at 7 range is solid, and 6 move with 7 range is stupid good for kiting. Otonashi with her Cover Fire is hilariously good for the 10 points. Unfortunately, Skahen suffers from whiffs more than even Krav, as a single whiff can easily spell 2 wounds or death. A-

Cleon: Tier 8 (38/108)

dok (VC inclusive): B+

Master Index
Agent Skahen Stats (pic)
GenCon 2008 Exclusive revealed by WotC

Last edited by lefton4ya; October 1st, 2019 at 03:34 PM. Reason: vc added
Old August 14th, 2008, 09:56 AM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Agent Skahen

Necroblade, she actually CAN move two figures with Cover Fire. If she attacks twice with Double Attack and causes a wound both times, she gets to use Cover Fire twice, in effect giving her the capability to move two figures.
I agree that Shaken isn't game-breaking, but she sure is awesome!

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old August 14th, 2008, 10:11 AM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation

I think without Cover Fire, she is weaker than a set of KMA. Remember if Stealth Dodge fails, she has a good chance to receive more than 1 wound. But factoring in the ability to move up to 2 Vydar tricky figures, I think she is priced well, especially most Vydar tricky figures are very solid.

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old August 14th, 2008, 10:15 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This will be handy for getting your units in place for an Otonashi Slingshot.

Very versatile, and it definitely fits the Vydar theme! I think the point cost is just right.

Old August 14th, 2008, 10:20 AM

Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby!

Wow is she awesome. She is like a hero version of the Krav Maga Agents! She may only get two attacks but a 3 life hero with stealth dodge is going to be hard take down.

Cover fire doesn't seem that great. She can, however, move Dund into position so he crippling stare the next turn which is interesting.
Old August 14th, 2008, 10:38 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
This will be handy for getting your units in place for an Otonashi Slingshot.
Also, she herself is Tricky, so she is an Otonashi slingshot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
Cover fire doesn't seem that great. She can, however, move Dund into position so he crippling stare the next turn which is interesting.
I do wish Cover fire had a little more potential, BUT if you look at a list of Tricky units, she

1) Unifies the Agents, who were already great units in their own right.
2) Helps a bunch of units that had a little trouble, IMO (Gorillinators, Dund, Otonashi, et. al.), and incorporates them into an army.

She's also a solid stand-alone figure with her stats and abilities (I do wish she had 4 lives, because that seems to be a Vydar thing- See Carr and Major Qs 9 and 10).

She gets my Spite of Approval.

Last edited by spiteofthedice; August 14th, 2008 at 05:35 PM.
Old August 14th, 2008, 10:53 AM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation

The next question is: Should Q9 use 1-die attacks or 2-dice attacks with Skahen? We all know the answer for KMA, which is 1-die attack. I think I need to sit down to calculate it.

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old August 14th, 2008, 11:07 AM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Considering that Agent Shaken will probably have a Nakita next to her due to Cover Fire most of the time, I'd rather not attack her from range at all if it's not a special attack. Granted, Queglix Gun IS a special attack, but it's something worth noting.

Old August 14th, 2008, 11:08 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

She'll be devastating on a castle. Two attacks of four, with ground troops advancing almost every attack...

I don't how how useful she'll be, with only 3 life, but she'll be a load of fun to play!
Old August 14th, 2008, 11:11 AM

Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
She'll be devastating on a castle. Two attacks of four, with ground troops advancing almost every attack...

I don't how how useful she'll be, with only 3 life, but she'll be a load of fun to play!
On a castle, couldn't it be FIVE dice each attack? If those assaulting the keep are not on height, she would have extreme height....

"There's right and there's wrong: you do one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat." John Wayne in The Alamo
Old August 14th, 2008, 11:15 AM

To be honest, I'm not sure why you'd place her on a castle unless you have ground troops outside the castle - and even then, Vydar doesn't have many good castle gaurds that work outside the castle. Her primary strength is in Cover Fire, I think.
Now, ATTACKING the castle, on the other hand... yeah. Move the Krav AND Nakitas up, and start sniping. The opponent is going to have an absurdly difficult time killing you with Stealth Dodge and Smoke Powder! You can also bring up Agent Carr for Door Killing, for crying out loud!

Old August 14th, 2008, 11:17 AM

Rifier_Ace is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger View Post
Considering that Agent Shaken will probably have a Nakita next to her due to Cover Fire most of the time, I'd rather not attack her from range at all if it's not a special attack. Granted, Queglix Gun IS a special attack, but it's something worth noting.
And the nice thing is if the Nakita can't Smoke Powder a special attack then Skahen can probably handle it herself with her Stealth Dodge. Just think of the possibilities from height advantage with Skahen and a Nakita right in front of her, Smoke Powdering and Engagement Striking!

Edit. And if one of the Nakita dies you will have time to bring up another Nakita to take the place of the dead one!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units