Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old November 19th, 2019, 09:32 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: [Pod 0] Tetsuo Tyrell (Jace, Investigator) - Testing

Got 'em.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 23rd, 2019, 02:15 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Managed to get some people over for some silly fun in a 3-player drafting event. I created two different pools of 100-point standalone-ish units to make the decision process easier for some new players, but threw in Tetsuo to see how he felt in this environment.

Played on a Custom 3-Player Map
Objective: Kill the Player to Your Left
400 Points
No Glyphs

Picture of Map:

Astro: Tetsuo Tyrell, Sentinels of Grax, Elite Onyx Vipers, Rujin
Trying to kill Nathan

Nathan: Wyvern, Mind Flayer Mastermind, Deathstalkers, Ogre Pulverizer
Trying to kill Nick

Nick: Syvarris, Agent Carr, Kozuke Samurai, Masha Shingai
Trying to kill Astro

SURVIVING:
Rujin (unwounded), 2x Sentinels of Grax, 2x Elite Onyx Vipers
Masha Shingai (unwounded)

GAME SUMMARY:
Nick went after me early on with Syvarris and Agent Carr, but Rujin healed away any damage that they dealt. Tetsuo came out to try and steal some turns with them, but he failed on Agent Carr and finished off Syvarris in one blow. After realizing that I had almost finished off Nick altogether, I switched my tactics to attacking Nathan with my Elite Onyx Vipers. Both of them were already pretty crippled thanks to some whiffs from Nathan and Counter Strike, so I was able to finish Nathan off and win the game.

TETSUO USAGE:
(3/3) attack against (0/2) defense from a wounded Syvarris, killing him before Mind Jack had a chance.
He then took 4 wounds from Agent Carr after whiffing defense.
I decided to use Neural Overclock next turn from height against Agent Carr, dealing 3 wounds to him but failing the Mind Jack roll with a 4 on the D20.
Tetsuo died the next turn to Agent Carr’s Sword of Reckoning.

THOUGHTS:
He got a lucky shot in against Syvarris (too lucky ) and dealt good damage overall, but he went out like a candle as soon as Nick stopped focusing on Rujin. The 4 range definitely requires him to be in a lot of danger with that 2 defense, so sometimes he's just going to fall flat on his face.

I liked the feeling of Neural Overclock. While the wound is a tough penalty, he's fragile enough that you really want to consider that choice before he potentially dies the next turn.
Old November 23rd, 2019, 02:25 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Played on the same map
Objective: Kill the Player to Your Left
400 Points
No Glyphs

Astro: Masha Shingai, Kozuke Samurai, Agent Carr, Tetsuo Tyrell
Trying to kill Nathan

Nathan: Rujin, Syvarris, Deathstalkers, Wyvern
Trying to kill Nick

Nick: Ogre Pulverizer, Mind Flayer Mastermind, Elite Onyx Vipers, Sentinels of Grax
Trying to kill Astro

GAME SUMMARY:
My Kozuke got blasted by Syvarris on their approach, but one managed to engage him the next turn. Nathan then decided to try to stall the game by swiping away my Kozuke and protecting him from Nick, so that I couldn’t die before Nick did. Meanwhile, Nathan advanced Rujin and his Deathstalkers through the swamp to assassinate the Ogre Pulverizer.

While this was going on, Nick rushed my developing army with his Elite Onyx Vipers. Agent Carr and Masha managed to take them down, but the Sentinels of Grax finished off Masha and left me with just Agent Carr and Tetsuo Tyrell. Tetsuo went on to keep overclocking himself and failing to wound the Mind Flayer until he died, but Agent Carr went on a valiant last hurrah to one-shot the fleeing Wyvern. Nathan managed to get to the Mind Flayer with his last Deathstalker, though, landing the kill for the win.

SURVIVING:
1x Deathstalker (Nathan’s win)
1x Kozuke Samurai, Agent Carr (1 wound)

TETSUO USAGE:
Chose to not use Neural Overclock for an attack against a Sentinel, but it was blocked.
Used Overclock to attack the Mind Flayer. (2/5) against (3/5), so blocked.
Overclocked again against the Mind Flayer. (2/5) against (2/4).
(3/4) Mind Flayer struck back against Tetsuo’s (0/2) defense, bringing him to 1 life left. No more Overclocks at this point.
(2/3) attack against Mind Flayer’s (2/4) defense.
(2/4) Mind Flayer against Tetsuo’s (0/2) defense, finishing him off.

Overall, Tetsuo was 0/0 for Mind Jack 13 and dealt no damage this game. He dealt 2 of the wounds to himself through Overclock. Really just a poor showing for him altogether; although Mind Jacking the Mind Flayer wouldn't have been a huge get for my army, not dealing any damage to it at all was pretty unfortunate.
Old November 23rd, 2019, 08:59 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Swingy is fun. Good tests Astro.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old November 23rd, 2019, 03:00 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I'd like to bring up again the "combat die to give a wound chance" version of OVerclock, just to put it on the back burner in case he feels too punishing.
Old November 23rd, 2019, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
I'd like to bring up again the "combat die to give a wound chance" version of OVerclock, just to put it on the back burner in case he feels too punishing.
I did consider what it would feel like while playing the game, but I'd like to see more games (especially some conventional ones) before worrying about him falling flat in one of the games here. I'm also concerned that making it an attack die rather than a guaranteed wound just makes the choice too easy--if it was only a 50% chance of a wound and he's this fragile, I'm pretty sure that I'd have used it every turn here.

The bigger hinderance in these games was honestly the 4 range (especially since he wants to target very specific units rather than just any squaddie). If we're looking at buffs down the road, adding a range boost to Neural Enhancement would be a solid thing to consider while keeping the Overclock tension.
Old November 24th, 2019, 07:45 AM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
If we're looking at buffs down the road, adding a range boost to Neural Enhancement would be a solid thing to consider while keeping the Overclock tension.
I like this solution. Need to see him actually Jack something first, though, to see how big a bonus that is versus just being a self-damaging 100-point Hero.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 24th, 2019, 08:06 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I mean, in a purely BS game I did with him, he threw a ~70 point Fairy into lava. That’s definitely worth something.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old December 7th, 2019, 05:07 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Played on Ruins of Rennoc.
Army 1: Laglor, Gorillitroopers x2, Tetsuo Tyrell (430)
vs.
Army 2: Ulginesh, Haduc, Jorhdawn, Arkmer, Kyntela, Otonashi (430)

Summary: After a few rounds of careful positioning, Tyrell won initiative and made a Overclock and Laglor-boosted shot at Jorhdawn. With one wound and an Overclock roll of 13, he dunked her into lava. After blocking an attack from Haduc, he boosted again for another wound but failed the Mind Jack roll. After that, elevated shots from Arkmer and Haduc dropped him.

After that, Laglor and the Troopers had the advantage. With no SA to break through tough, the Elves got whittled down.

Overclock was used twice, on both of Tyrell's attacks. One dealt 1 wound to a 2D Jorhdawn and the other dealt 1 wound to a 4D plus autoshield Haduc. Mind Jack went 1/2, and was used to walk Jorhdawn into molten lava.

Thoughts: This was more or less an ideal situation for Tyrell. Even so, he only slightly exceeded his point value. That said, he was able to eliminate exactly who he needed to in order to position his army favorably. If the Mind Jack on Haduc had succeeded, he would have vastly overperformed.

Naturally, he's a little scary with Laglor, but so are a lot of things. Otherwise, 4 range is definitely tough to work with. I'd need more convincing to see it bumped, but if we do want to increase it I'd rather just have it at 5 by default as opposed to getting a buff from Overclock. Another fun possibility would be to allow Tyrell to attack without clear sight if he uses Overclock, though the AotP terrain might not have enough LoS blockers to make that worthwhile.
Old December 8th, 2019, 10:15 AM

The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker

Map: Fairhaven by Flash19
Glyphs: Wannok, Defense +1

Team 1: Pyria, Deadeye Dan, 2x Ashra, 2x Death knights
Team 2: Tetsuo Tyrell, Feral Troll, 2x stingers, 2x rats

Game report: Pyria+Dks moved out first met by Rats+stingers. Rat took Wannok which did 2 wounds on Dan. After round 2 5 rats and 4 stingers dead. This was due to Team 2 reaching the other team first Dks rolling 3/5 defense regularly and stingers rolling terrible attack. Pyria was used aggressively taking out many units with her special attack and risking disengaging and the death of Dks in the process which payed off due to their defense rolls. Pyria killed 1 rat with a normal attack and rolled 3/4 for Twin Flamethrowers special attack 5 times apart from 1 attack of 2!!! Testuo was brought in to deal with the on fire Pyria. He used Neural Overclock twice first attacked 4/5 on Pyria did 2 wounds. Then a second time 2/5 resulting in 1 wound on Pyria. Both times failed Mind Jack. Tyrell was soon dealt with by Pyria. She was finished by Feral Troll. However the game was already won. Troll + Otonashi never going to bet Ashra.

Units that survived: 1 life Dan, 5 Ashra, 1 Dk.

How did tested unit do?: Helped to kill Pyria, but the self wounding contributed to his death. It also really didn't help that Mind Jack failed every time, however if he had been successful he could of rushed Pyria on the road back to her start zone and do some damage.

Long live heroscape

Last edited by The Long eared bat; December 8th, 2019 at 10:35 AM.
Old December 8th, 2019, 10:35 AM

The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker

Map: Fairhaven by Flash19
Glyphs: Wannok, Defense +1

Team 1: Pyria, Deadeye Dan, 2x Ashra, 2x Death knights
Team 2: Tetsuo Tyrell, Feral Troll, 2x stingers, 2x rats

Game report: Otonashi used tricky speed to slow down Pyria+Dks. Which gave time for Tyrell to move up and attacked his own Feral Troll doing 1 wound, however he got Mind Jack which was used to move the Troll up and healed. Pyria attacked with special 2/4 and did 1 wound on Tyrell and killed an advancing stinger. Her other 2 attack were blanks which proved fatal. Pyria was killed by Tyrell and stingers. After that rats and stingers dominated the map taking both glyphs. Stingers rolled well and easily picked of Ashra+Dan.

Units that survived: (Tyrell 4 lives left), 5 rats, 4 stingers

How did tested unit do?: Tyrell attempted a non overclocked attack on Pyria which did 1 wound, but Mind Jack failed. The second attack was an Overclock which did 3 wounds on Pyria again no Mind Jack. The only Mind Jack was used on the Feral Troll which was useful in tying down Pryria and DKs.

Long live heroscape
Old December 8th, 2019, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
Another fun possibility would be to allow Tyrell to attack without clear sight if he uses Overclock, though the AotP terrain might not have enough LoS blockers to make that worthwhile.
That strikes me as a lot less desirable than something simpler like +2 Range. So far he seems to be struggling at the moment to be anything other than be a Ranged Hero. I still lean toward the Range boost as a way to allow him to get at more important targets (so when Mind Jack does hit, it's more meaningful) and keep himself a little safer (since he'll be contributing to his own demise at the same time).

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs