Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Notices

Old November 4th, 2019, 12:51 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I was wondering if any of you guys has any experience printing these models with the Elegoo Mars resin printer? I've been researching resin printers for minis and have come up with wanting to pick up that one. Of course I'm sure they will look good, but how good? I don't really need any heroscape minis,(Or any other minis for that matter) but it would be fun to make top notch minis if the want ever arose. My fdm snapmaker does a pretty good job for minis but I like to generally use it for terrain. Any thoughts on resin printing heroscape minis would help. Thanks.
I'm in two Facebook groups that often show pictures and comments about resin prints:

3D Printed Terrain & Miniatures
The Table 3D Printing Guild

Both the Mars and the Photon come highly recommended on the sight--people regularly blow me away with the detail they can get. You'll need to vent the fumes, and you'll need to be able to add drain holes to the model, and you'll need a UV curer. Also, the resin costs about $1 per figure instead of 15 cents. And the resin is more brittle, although new additives are making them more flexible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I checked Facebook but didn't see it.
His pictures are in comments under my Wo-Sa-Ga post (current the 10th post down in the Heroscapers page).
Old November 4th, 2019, 02:07 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I was wondering if any of you guys has any experience printing these models with the Elegoo Mars resin printer? I've been researching resin printers for minis and have come up with wanting to pick up that one. Of course I'm sure they will look good, but how good? I don't really need any heroscape minis,(Or any other minis for that matter) but it would be fun to make top notch minis if the want ever arose. My fdm snapmaker does a pretty good job for minis but I like to generally use it for terrain. Any thoughts on resin printing heroscape minis would help. Thanks.
I'm in two Facebook groups that often show pictures and comments about resin prints:

3D Printed Terrain & Miniatures
The Table 3D Printing Guild

Both the Mars and the Photon come highly recommended on the sight--people regularly blow me away with the detail they can get. You'll need to vent the fumes, and you'll need to be able to add drain holes to the model, and you'll need a UV curer. Also, the resin costs about $1 per figure instead of 15 cents. And the resin is more brittle, although new additives are making them more flexible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I checked Facebook but didn't see it.
His pictures are in comments under my Wo-Sa-Ga post (current the 10th post down in the Heroscapers page).
Awesome. I think Im also a member on some of those groups. Ventilation is probably the biggest obstacle I would need to address. Winter is here in Idaho and am not sure how to get past that one at the moment. My wife has a setup for gel nails and so she has a UV light to cure them already. 1 dollar per model compared to 15 cents is still great for what Id use it for. 1 dollar for heroscape figures of amazing quality alone can justify the price. There are tons of beautiful things I would print that I dare not print on my fdm printer. Ventilation is what I need to figure out. Then I think its a no brainer. I love this tech. Its so fun to create whatever comes to my imagination. A resin printer will make that even more a possibility. The cost for a good machine really isnt too bad either.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 5th, 2019, 06:33 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That Wo-Sa-Ga is unreal... hope the rest of Aquilla's Alliance follows. Are we closing in on finishing the project for classic scape?!?
Old November 5th, 2019, 07:34 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
That Wo-Sa-Ga is unreal... hope the rest of Aquilla's Alliance follows. Are we closing in on finishing the project for classic scape?!?
In matte scans? Not even close.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 5th, 2019, 08:51 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Oh, that is true, you're right. Looks like I'll have to learn Blender, haha.
Blender is good to know.

But for just screenshots I can write up a simple tutorial. There are just a few commands to get what you need.
Hey, I actually just downloaded Blender to make standees. Do you have a tutorial on hand?
For learning Blender, I started with this shark tutorial

But for what you want to do, here are some steps:

1) Open Blender
2) Right-click on the cube and hit "X". When the menu comes up left-click on delete. (That gets rid of that default cube object)
3) In the upper menu bar at the bottom left, click "View" and then View Persp/Ortho (or just hit the number 5) (that toggles you to ortho view instead of perspective)
4) Import your object. At the top left, click File-->Import-->Wavefront (.obj)
5) Navigate to your folder and open your Hexscape model
6) At the bottom, hit View again and select Right.
7) Zoom in on the figure (scroll bar up/down to zoom, scroll bar pressed + mouse to rotate, scroll bar pressed + shift + mouse to move left/right)
8 ) Press N to bring up the properties menu.
9) Click on Shading-->Textured Solid

At this point, you should see the figure in color. If you don't, you probably don't have the .mtl and .jpg files associated with the .obj file in the same directory.

10) You can go to File-->User Preferences-->Themes and change the background colors to white so that you can get a clean screen capture
I think that my version of Blender must be different. Some of these steps and options I'm not seeing.
Old November 5th, 2019, 08:53 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Nevermind, I actually got it! The options are for sure different. I'm not sure what I was doing before to make the models look so awful - the 4th mass I looked at last night was only recognizeable by his shape, everything else was a blue blur.
Old November 7th, 2019, 03:25 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Is there a thread for C3V and SoV figures too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 7th, 2019, 03:42 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Is there a thread for C3V and SoV figures too?
I know that is on the radar but @White Knight said he wanted to focus on official figures completion first.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old November 7th, 2019, 04:39 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

So these are the medium resolution C3V figures I have scanned and processed into 3D models. You'll need to open them in Blender and export the .stl files (or follow the procedure to turn them into TS objects).

I'll be photographing more with the matte spray this weekend. I plan a big photography day on Sunday. If anyone wants to download 3DF Zephyr and help process the photos, let me know.

C3V Blender Files
Captain John Varan
Command Courier
Deathstrike Thrall
Haduc
Kantono Daishi
Marro Gnid 1
Nicholas Esenwein
Preyblood Thrall
Ulfrid Hornwrangler
Van Nessing
Varkaanan Dark
Varkaanan Swift
Zogross Hardscale
Old November 7th, 2019, 04:45 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Awesome! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 7th, 2019, 05:48 PM

You can also find some medium resolution C3V scans here, but they need to be edited.
Old November 18th, 2019, 12:28 PM

Some new models:

Grok Rider 1 (matte)
Grok Rider 2 (matte)

I took a LOT of pictures on Saturday and Sunday--most of my collection plus some figures that Knox sent to me. Now for the long job of converting them to models.

Last edited by White Knight; December 10th, 2019 at 08:30 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing