Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old January 1st, 2021, 12:44 AM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Summoner Wars by Plaid Hat Games

Double Posting! The last Plaid Hat Podcast of the year had the crew talking a little bit more about Summoner Wars 2. @truth , @Grungebob , @mrbistro , time to update the heroscapers ads!

Nukatha is Acolarh...
in THE BLUEST OF ALL BLUE CAVES

Last edited by Nukatha; January 1st, 2021 at 02:12 AM.
Old January 1st, 2021, 01:50 AM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Hexes

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha View Post
Double Posting! The last Plaid Hat Podcast of the year had the cree talking a little bit more about Summoner Wars 2. @truth , @Grungebob , @mrbistro , time to update the heroscapers ads!
Wait, are they reprinting summoner Wars?

My Map Thread
Maps for Online HS
My Customs
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."

Old January 1st, 2021, 02:03 AM

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Quote:
Double Posting! The last Plaid Hat Podcast of the year had the cree talking a little bit more about Summoner Wars 2. @truth , @Grungebob , @mrbistro , time to update the heroscapers ads!

Gonna do 2.0 like monpoc, to fix some of the problems. They have the dude who did Crystal Clans doing the artwork.

"I am definitely a mad man with a box."

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
Old January 1st, 2021, 02:29 AM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Hexes

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Quote:

Gonna do 2.0 like monpoc, to fix some of the problems. They have the dude who did Crystal Clans doing the artwork.
Cool - Thanks! Glad to hear that about the artwork.

My Map Thread
Maps for Online HS
My Customs
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."

Old February 19th, 2021, 02:17 PM

Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Plaid Hat has announced that you can order Summoner Wars Version 2 starting March 1st
@truth
There's a bit more information in this week's podcast. 14:00 mark is where Summoner Wars stuff starts.

Nukatha is Acolarh...

Last edited by Nukatha; February 19th, 2021 at 06:54 PM. Reason: some text didn't display for some reason.
Old February 19th, 2021, 02:34 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Awesome! Thanks for sharing, Nukatha!

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old Yesterday, 12:02 PM

Plaid Hat & Co have put out more information on SW 2nd Ed. including purchasing options:
Click here for full information.
But, in the interest of having all the information in one place:
Game is launching with a 6-deck Master Set (similar to the original Master Set I guess).
Four 'classic' factions are reworked here (Fallen Kingdom, Vanguards, Benders (Renamed to Breakers), and Cave Golbins). Also included are Polar Dwarves (break-off faction after the Tundra Guild alliance? Deep lore), and Savanna Elves (someone realized that Lions and Elephants are more likely to be found there than in a Jungle I guess).
Box includes eight dice, a board (I don't see whether it is cardboard like the original Master Set, or neoprene like Alliances) and tokens. Tokens and dice may get 'upgraded' based on the quantity of sets pre-ordered. In addition, two mercenary promo cards will likely be included based on the current 'stretch goal' list.

Purchasing options are a subscription-based $50 for the master set, with an additional $30 quarterly, with two decks included per quarter. PHG says you can cancel any time. Digital access included.

$50 master set one-time purchase.

Shipping is included with subscription cost in the contiguous US.

There's also a digital app option. $10 for four months of access, with $2.95 per month afterward. If anyone at PHG is reading this, please also include 1-time purchase options here. (That is, the same pricing model as the original app.)

I've yet to read the rulebook/card text to truly appreciate the differences, but there's the rundown.

Nukatha is Acolarh...
Old Yesterday, 10:13 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Just skimmed the rules. It looks like the custom deck construction has more flexibility. Some of the event cards have different times in the turn sequence you play them. Also the placement of gates(walls) is different. You either place them in your back three rows, or adjacent to your summoner. So you can't place them on your front row without moving your summoner, and if you are really aggressive you can place them on your opponent's side of the board. I think a lot of the other stuff is changes in layout, and stuff like that, but it has been a while since I checked the rules or played. The idea of placing a gate on the other side of the board is intriguing.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games