Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 11th, 2012, 11:13 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: IshMEL's Customs: Souls of Vengeance added

Soulaxe Demon

So I have two Skull Demons, but no units that will benefit from Valkrill Attack Aura 1. Time to make some! I think we need some more Demons, anyway. Here's the first. Figure is the Massassi Sith Mutant:

Valkrill
Uncommon Hero
Demon
Minion
Menacing

Life 3
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 2
35 Points

SOUL SEVER
When attacking a figure that has only one life remaining, a Soulaxe Demon adds one automatic skull to whatever is rolled. If all rolled dice are skulls, and if the figure is destroyed, you may remove one wound marker from this Army Card. A Soulaxe Demon may not use Soul Sever on a figure that is affected by Protection from Evil Aura, has the Holy Relic special ability, or has the Holy Symbol of Pelor.

CHAMPION OF EVIL BONDING
Before taking a turn with this Soulaxe Demon, you may first take a turn with a Champion who follows Utgar or Valkrill that you control.

FOR THE MASTER
If a friendly Undead or Demon Hero within 2 clear sight spaces receives one or more wounds, this Soulaxe Demon may receive them instead, up to the number of lives remaining to this Soulaxe Demon.

Synergy offered
Bonding -- Utgar / Valkrill Champions
Grimnak
Nerak The Glacian Swog Rider
Ornak
Sir Hawthorne
Tornak
Skull Demon

Healing -- Undead / Demon Heroes
Cyprien Esenwein
Iskra Esenwein
Marcu Esenwein
Sonya Esenwein
Sudema
Skull Demon
Lord Revadac (my custom)

Synergy received
Skull Demon (Valkrill Attack Aura 1)

Bio:
The Soulaxe was forged in the Fire Below. Its glittering edge never stains, even as it cleaves through mortal flesh. For that edge is sharp enough to sever a soul from its body. At its creation at the Infernal Forge, the Tyrant declared that such a weapon could never fall into mortal hands. The weapon needed a guardian beyond trust, a wielder with no will of its own. So the Soulaxe Demon was molded, ignited, born bellowing into the Fire. It lives to serve its masters, ready to do their bidding, even to sacrifice itself if needed. But its true Master is, and always will be, the Soulaxe.

The basic stats are from the Marrden Nagrubs (30 pts, 1 6 1 2 2), since the Soulaxe serves a similar pawn function (bonding with champion, potential to sacrifice itself to heal other units.) There's only one unit (the Skull Demon) who fills both champion and undead / demon hero categories. On the plus side from the Nagrubs, the Soulaxe has a limited ability to heal itself, and a higher attack vs squads or nearly-dead heroes. On the minus side, it has only one attack (vs. 3) and is a bit slower. I've priced it at 35 points, which would put the Soulaxe Demon / Skull Demon combo at 100 points.

Let me know what you think. Thanks for taking a look!
Old November 11th, 2012, 12:34 PM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: IshMEL's Customs: Soulaxe Demon added

I really like the use of the figure. OM management would be tricky though since he is uncommon and has low life and low defense. All of his bonding options though have better squads to bond with especially the orc champions and Hawthorne. I could see him working with the Skull demon though and a few could be added to a Deathknight army that was a bit shy on points and contained a skull demon or Hawthorne. I think 30 would be a better price point for these guys since it is easier to fit into builds by using these guys instead of a squad of Deathknights. The powers are very thematic and I like 'em.
Old November 12th, 2012, 01:24 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Soulaxe Demon has a huge glass jaw...
Old November 13th, 2012, 09:16 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedim Kabal View Post
Soulaxe Demon has a huge glass jaw...
And it's a big jaw, right? I find making "pawn class," low point units is really tough. I'll take him down to 30 points. Any other suggestions?
Old November 13th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: IshMEL's Custom: Sigrid Ironwill

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post

SIGRID IRONWILL
Dwarf
Unique Hero
Warrior
Loyal
Medium 4
5 Life
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 4
90 Points

FOEHAMMER OF THE BURNING FORGE
When Sigrid Ironwill attacks with a normal attack, she may attack two engaged figures if they are adjacent to both each other and to Sigrid Ironwill. Roll attack dice once for both figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.
I like what you are trying to do with Foehammer, but I think there is a sequence issue. If Sigrid attacks 2 Deathreavers, after the first Deathreaver rolls defense dice the second can scatter away and would no longer be adjacent--so it cannot be attacked.

Most of these types of attacks are special attacks, although Tandros Kreel has Cleave which is similar but has an auto-wound.

Also, I don't think that normal attacks can attack more than one figure at a time. It would probably be easiest just to change it to a special attack (although then she wouldn't be able to get a height bonus).
Old November 13th, 2012, 04:17 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I like the Soulaxe Demon, nice figure usage, but I feel that the Soul Sever Power has too many specific exceptions and it should just always apply.
Old November 14th, 2012, 01:47 AM

Re: IshMEL's Custom: Sigrid Ironwill

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
I like what you are trying to do with Foehammer, but I think there is a sequence issue. If Sigrid attacks 2 Deathreavers, after the first Deathreaver rolls defense dice the second can scatter away and would no longer be adjacent--so it cannot be attacked.

Most of these types of attacks are special attacks, although Tandros Kreel has Cleave which is similar but has an auto-wound.

Also, I don't think that normal attacks can attack more than one figure at a time. It would probably be easiest just to change it to a special attack (although then she wouldn't be able to get a height bonus).
Hmmm, I hadn't considered that. How about this instead?

Foehammer Double Attack
When Sigrid Ironwill attacks, she may attack one additional time. The second attack must be against a second figure that is adjacent to both Sigrid Ironwill and the figure she first attacked.

There's probably a better way to put that...
Old November 19th, 2012, 11:06 PM

Updated Sigrid card:

Spoiler Alert!

Updated Soulaxe card:

Spoiler Alert!

Comments are welcome, as always. Will change in OP.
Old November 19th, 2012, 11:21 PM

Next up, another one of Valkrill's demons:

Balalzag

Figure is a Star Wars Gundark figure (sadly, not too available). Insert "Gundark Style" topical joke here. I saw those extra arms and those big old teeth, and I thought it should be a demon that grabbed you and would never let go.

Spoiler Alert!

Demon
Devourer
Ferocious
Valkrill
Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 4
100 Points

Fell Grip Engagement
If Balalzag causes at least one wound to an opponent's figure but does
not destroy it, it must use Fell Grip Engagement. Balalzag must remain
adjacent to that figure and cannot attack any other figures. The
engaged figure may only move if Balalzag can be placed adjacent to
that figure at the end of the move.

Savage Focus
While in Fell Grip Engagement, Balalzag adds 2 attack dice when
attacking the engaged figure. When defending against any other figure,
Balalzag rolls 2 fewer defense dice. If Balalzag destroys the engaged
figure, remove a wound marker from this army card.

Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

Haven't tested it yet. The base stats are those of Major X17, since Fell Grip is sorta like Cyberclaw.

Your comments and suggestions are welcome, as always.
Old November 19th, 2012, 11:45 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

You should add that ehile in Fell Grip, he cannot roll for LEAs either, because he could theoretically wound a figure with a leaving engagement attack and do be forced to Fell Grip 2 figs at once.
Old November 20th, 2012, 07:44 AM

bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker
Re: IshMEL's Customs: Balalzag added 11/19

Does he also need to be protected from LEA's when he is placed? Or does being place as opposed to being moved prevent this? I'm not entirely sure on those rules.
Old November 20th, 2012, 09:10 AM

Re: IshMEL's Customs: Balalzag added 11/19

Moving and placing are, I believe, equivalent. He should actually be subject to LEA's, that's part of the strategy in fighting him is that you control his movement while in Fell Grip. Move him into lava! Surround him with enemies! He still won't let go!

I'll make an adjustment to Fell Grip to clarify about making LEA's:
If Balalzag causes at least one wound to an opponent's figure but does not destroy it, it must use Fell Grip Engagement. Balalzag must remain adjacent to that figure, cannot attack any other figures, and does not make leaving engagement attacks. The engaged figure may only move if Balalzag can be placed adjacent to that figure at the end of the move.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards