Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old May 17th, 2021, 03:26 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: ScapeCon Map Contest: Deadline May 9th

I tried re-working my map Steer into the Skid based on feedback from the voting thread. Sharing the new version here incase anyone has any follow-up thoughts they don't mind sharing (trying to improve my map making skills).

I haven't re-done the top-down with height #s yet.

Major changes:
- Moving the middle height up next to the road (and closer to each other). This was pretty universal feedback and made a lot of sense.
- Adding tiles below the 4-hex tree so that it can actually be built in person.
- Moved one SZ hex from the right to the left so it was no longer 'stuck' behind the hive.
- Adjusted some snow v. dungeon tiles to try and make one side more clearly the snow side and one side more clearly the dungeon side.

I'm still a bit concerned about having several single-hex choke-points, as it seems like it could be bad for mele. I'm hoping that starting on the road negates that a little bit, and I made the center height a bit more accessible from the far side than the near side to try and make it easier for mele to contest the opposite side height.

Anyways, if anyone has additional thoughts I'd love to hear them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games