Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old January 9th, 2021, 06:19 PM

Tropix has disabled reputation
Re: Rulebooks and FAQ - PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
The last piece of "evidence" I can think to provide is that the person who uploaded the Official FAQ was @theGuru , who has a Rules Team and Wizards Staff Member badge, as well as "Wizards of the Coast Game Designer" and a link to that exact FAQ in his signature.
Apart from the obvious fact that the badges themselves (along with this whole website, really) are unofficial, I understand....
Old January 9th, 2021, 06:26 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

On the downloads page, it explicitly says that the author of the FAQ is Chris Dupuis. Chris was part of the design team. Source: every person I know who was also part of the design team.
Old January 9th, 2021, 06:29 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
On the downloads page, it explicitly says that the author of the FAQ is Chris Dupuis. Chris was part of the design team. Source: every person I know who was also part of the design team.
Wait, how did I not catch Dupuis as in Sir Dupuis? I wasn't aware Sir Dupuis was named after a designer like some of the other Knights.

EDIT: The title of "it's a large dagger, not a small sword" is hilarious.
Old January 9th, 2021, 07:48 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Wait, how did I not catch Dupuis as in Sir Dupuis? I wasn't aware Sir Dupuis was named after a designer like some of the other Knights.

EDIT: The title of "it's a large dagger, not a small sword" is hilarious.
@Shades fan came up with that name.

Last edited by Dysole; January 9th, 2021 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Removed the double post
Old January 10th, 2021, 12:37 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropix View Post
Hmm, I see... There may be a discrepancy regarding the term "official", if the only source for such has been created by players or another third-party, as opposed to publications from the game's designers, which appears to be the case...

It's quite common to find that whole communities or groups of players are basically playing games using 'generally accepted' 'house rules', even when there is no mention of such in any official rule books or anything like that, which can have a huge impact on the fundamentals of the games, which is why official rulings from official sources are very important to me, and why I'm hesitant to blindly comply with what seems like unofficial rulings and whatnot... And, of course, if the majority of players are on board with unofficial/'house' rulings, those who ask for clarification or evidence of such are likely to be perceived as the 'bad guys', for not simply going along with them, and they will be seen and treated as the ones who are playing the game(s) incorrectly....
out of curiosity which ruling is so "highly troubling" to you that you need a signed affidavit to confirm. You do realize that there are the people that designed this game also have accounts on this "community of house rules".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropix View Post
That's part of what makes me skeptical and desire further clarification... It's unsettling to think that there is no official source of official rulings and such, and that copies saved by player(s) are just to be trusted.
I'm sorry that an archived bunch of text of a out of print game on a "fan site" is so unsettling for you.

I'm going to assume here that perhaps this is either a misunderstanding or a language issue and say this in a different way than the others so that maybe I can help you here.

These FAQ's listed here as OFFICIAL were copied from the OFFICIALS and linked here. So wherever it is you are playing in these super specific competitive arenas, if they are not using these rules... they are the ones playing with 'generally accepted' 'house rules'

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 10th, 2021, 11:55 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Why are you guys feeding the Troll? Ban him and move. I have spoken

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old January 11th, 2021, 12:53 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

@Tropix is not a troll, he just does not know the history of Heroscape support, including Heroscapers.com
  • Hasbro used to maintain support and Official FAQ and was posted on Hasbro.com's Heroscape site
  • Wizards of the Coast took over support and maintained Official FAQ and did not post the file online but would e-mail it to people with questions. However people would upload it to Herocapers.com
  • @theGuru was hired by Wizards and maintained the FAQ, with "consulting assistance" from @R˙chean , @truth , and @Grungebob . These people became officially know as "The Rules Team". Their Herocaper's profile lists to designate them as such.
  • Since Hasbro.com and Wizards.com stopped posting Heroscape content, Heroscapers.com became the official repository for the Official FAQ maintained by the Rules Team, using this very thread and the Downloads section. If you called/e-mailed Hasbro/Wizards for help, they would literally tell you to go to this very thread on Heroscapers.com for the Official FAQ. The Rules Team Thread was created as a place to ask any debatable questions - again this forum had sign-off from Hasbro/WotC as the official word.
  • In 2011 Hasbro/wizards discontinued the game and official support, so they effectively handed over support to Heroscapers "Rules Team". If you call/email Hasbro/Wizards today, they still will point you here, if they don't ignore you completely as the game is officially "out of support".
  • The Official FAQ 13.4 was the last updated version, but some additional rulings have been made for fiddly rules that are in "The Book of" threads, or buried in the question dump thread. They at some point locked the rules team thread though.
  • Also Heroscapers (and the website predecessors) ran Heroscape tournaments including Gencon from the start, so as far as rule decisions that affected tournaments, Heroscapers' Rules Team was the last word in all tournaments. So if you want "tournament official rulings" the Official FAQ and any further Rules Team rulings on this site are the ones.

Last edited by lefton4ya; January 11th, 2021 at 01:32 PM.
Old January 11th, 2021, 08:33 PM

Tropix has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
@Tropix is not a troll, he just does not know the history of Heroscape support, including Heroscapers.com
Thank you for your response, it's the most helpful one I've received yet... And that is correct, I am genuinely not trolling, but am rather just in search of the 'correct', official way the game's meant to be played, to help determine how invested I want to be in the game.
Old January 11th, 2021, 10:19 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

You came to the right place. Now you just have to be willing to trust this community. You will not find a finer one anywhere.
The decision is yours.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old September 10th, 2021, 01:34 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Thank you for this helpful resource.

It's great to have the scanned "demo" version of the MS3 rulebook, but there was also a final (non-demo) PDF published by WotC. If you try to download it from their website you'll probably get a questionable "down for maintenance" page, but fortunately the file was archived by the Wayback Machine (Internet Archive). I've just added it to the Downloads section:

Dungeons & Dragons - Master Set 3 - Battle for the Underdark - full final rule book 47.14 MB

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old March 21st, 2022, 01:09 AM

Joecrazy3193 is surprisingly tart

Is there a Team of Heroscapers that is working on a PDF with all The Rules from all the books Compacted into one PDF? Id like to help make that Happen if there by chance isn't.

I'm Not Crazy I'm Joecrazy
Old March 21st, 2022, 10:16 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecrazy3193 View Post
Is there a Team of Heroscapers that is working on a PDF with all The Rules from all the books Compacted into one PDF? Id like to help make that Happen if there by chance isn't.
Not as far as I know. Good question.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's