Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old April 15th, 2019, 02:46 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Thanks for the feedback Rudy!
Hope you enjoy it! And post your painted mechs if you remember, I’d like to see them. I’ve got mine primed and hope to get started soon myself.
Old April 15th, 2019, 03:42 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Will do.
Old April 15th, 2019, 05:49 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I have a decent Summoner Wars collection. Master Set, Jungle Elves, Filth, Mercs, Tundra Orcs and Phoenix Elves, (first summoners only) and all corresponding Reinforcements packs, and the three promo Mercs.
I've wanted to try Bolvi's 'Tower Defense'-style deck for a while. Miniature Market has many SW product still in stock at $4/deck.
Ordered the 2nd Summoner decks for Cave Goblins and Guild Dwarves, plus Grungor's Charge. Total cost before shipping was only $12.
Now I have 14/16 factions represented, with at least the Reinforcements for each for a reasonable amount of deckbuilding. Always a great experience, and so easy to teach. @truth , @Grungebob , anything planned for Summoner Wars' 10th anniversary? 2nd batch of fan art summoners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old April 16th, 2019, 11:49 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I've been wanting to try Starship Samurai! Looks awesome.

Played Star Wars Rebellion this last weekend. One of my favorites and it doesn't hit the table often enough. Messed up a few minor rules which would have saved me, but alas the Empire crushed my base at the last second.
Old April 16th, 2019, 01:07 PM

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If you like Rebellion, consider War of the Ring. Similar in theme, (good guys with low resources vs. bad guys with all the things, good guys win by destroying the macguffin, bad guys win by conquering).
However, it thematically holds together better. You won't draw a card that says 'plot important character does this.

Quote:
Old April 16th, 2019, 01:30 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Unstable Unicorns last night. Man, that game is cutthroat!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old April 16th, 2019, 03:01 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I like Rebellion quite a bit too and it doesn't get played often enough. It it a solid 4 hour game and we've been trying to play more 1-2 hour games so we can maybe play two games in the span on one sitting.
Old April 16th, 2019, 06:48 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha View Post
If you like Rebellion, consider War of the Ring. Similar in theme, (good guys with low resources vs. bad guys with all the things, good guys win by destroying the macguffin, bad guys win by conquering).
However, it thematically holds together better. You won't draw a card that says 'plot important character does this.
This. +1000.

@YK - Once you get a few games in of War of the Ring, you should be able to play in about 2.5 hours.
Old April 16th, 2019, 07:02 PM
C3G Landlord

I'll keep an eye of for War of the Ring then and see if I can get a good deal on it somewhere.
Old April 16th, 2019, 09:34 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Above and Below. Beat Kathy 63 to 50.

Old April 17th, 2019, 06:09 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I got Red Alert: Space Fleet Warfare last Saturday, mounted its 149 spaceships Sunday morning with a single tube of Krazy Glue, and hosted the two tutorial games that afternoon between two pals. Now I've played it eight more times myself, with four other people individually in its two player format; only two of them having been solitaire games! So far this has included the two "training" games and four of the numbered scenarios--6 different battles of the 25 that came with the giant Kickstarter package.

If you take the scenarios in order, they each add a new situation, terrain, or rule. The numbered games include the Task Force fleet building system, which usually gives you 100 building points worth of ships to your fleet and allows you to add 40 more, and then place all the ships in certain designated hexes as you wish to deploy them.

The game has very fast action, with many Star Tokens available to operate both your second deck cards and your fleet itself. The other major difference in this new Commands & Colors series game is Red Alert, a critical hit that can sometimes be bought off if you take only one at a time by paying Star Tokens, or are next to your Flagship, but otherwise forces a retreat that leaves you immobile and with diminished fighting capacity until you can repair the damage!

Your ships include Long Range Fighters, CAP Fighters (Combat Air Patrol), Destroyers, Cruisers, Battleships, your Flagship, with "Heavy" versions of most of these, which add a fourth mini to its unit type. There are four additional Victory Conditions possible mixed into various scenarios in different combinations, besides the default one of finishing off the last ship of a unit for a Victory Point. Units are worth more points the larger its ship type or more numerous its minis.

The six expansions allow you to add a second "Vice Admiral" flagship, Dreadnought (super battleship), Carrier (with a third type of Carrier Based Fighter), Transports, a Space Platform (orbital Station), and to the core game Asteroids and Planetary Groups, the additional space terrain of Meteors and Space Rifts.

Its lots of fun! Designer Richard Borg has already posted more frequently than usual on the boardgamegeek game forum to clarify rules, and we're having some good discussions over there as we learn how to play, post additional player aids, and etc. Three additional expansions are planned, including a ground warfare module called Planetfall.
Old April 17th, 2019, 04:21 PM

On the topic of Summoner Wars, one more Alliances set would be quite neat.

Jungle Elves/Swamp Orcs: One linked to animals, the other to plants.
Phoenix Elves/Filth: If Elien makes a deal with the undead, I could see Maldaria making a deal with the corrupt.
Shadow Elves/Deep Dwarves: Both seek knowledge, and avoid the light.
Vanguard/Benders: Imagine a former Bender Summoner turned crusader, using powers of the mind to convert the heathens.
Mountain Vargath/Guild Dwarves: Both defend mountainous regions. May make for a turtle-type gameplay, but could be fun.
Fallen Kingdom/Cave Goblins: The Filth have had their way with the Cave Goblins, next ought to be the Undead Army's turn. I have a picture in my head of an undead Feeder champion or Mole Dog commons.
Sand Goblins/Tundra Orcs: While initially weird, I think the combination of potentially conjuring blizzards and sandstorms to be quite synergystic
Cloaks/Mercenaries: The faction most mercenary-like already paired with the normal Mercs, I think would go well.

Quote:

Last edited by Nukatha; April 17th, 2019 at 07:32 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games