Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old December 14th, 2016, 06:15 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Small House (Playtesting)

Awesome.
I know YK is going to do some testing so with your help we should be good.
Bats did some tests with them so I need to see if those will work. I am not sure how much he mentioned their use in the tests.

I have done a terrible job promoting this but I am trying to rectify that.

Check out my posts on the Drafting Table for some inspiration for future buildings.
Would love some feedback.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 14th, 2016, 06:23 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I would love to support this, but my method of testing means I am incapable of offering any help, I'm afraid. Looks great, though.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 14th, 2016, 06:29 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

NP L_O.

You are allowed to sit this one out.

It is too bad you will not be able to experience buildings after they are erected.
Maybe some day we will have a program that will allow for it.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 14th, 2016, 06:38 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
NP L_O.

You are allowed to sit this one out.

It is too bad you will not be able to experience buildings after they are erected.
Maybe some day we will have a program that will allow for it.

Oh, I'm sure I'll be able to build maps with them - I don't purely play online, it's just the only way for me to test for C3G.
And yeah, a way to get buildings workable for online maps and play would be seriously sweet.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 31st, 2016, 06:47 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Small House Play Tests
NAME OF THE MAP TESTED (Mayberry)
- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the houses were fun to play with.
Yes, I mostly had fun playing with these houses even though they can also be frustrating to deal with when you just want to run up and smack someone around but are prevented from easy access to them.
- COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the houses would best be a competitive, casual, or scenario based obstacle (more than one option can be listed). Please explain why you feel that way.
I have mixed feeling here as I can see how things like the front door hex that you can move through but not stop in, and having two figures on opposite sides of an open window can lead to rules questions. Having to stop and look up a rule can hurt the flow and speed of game play that one might find in a competitive environment like a tournament. Thus I don’t imagine tournament directors and players unfamiliar with having houses on their board would be too excited about including them in a tournament setting. However, for those who have played a few times with them and established how all the rules work firmly in their mind, they add a lot to the tactics and strategy you find used by competitive players and thus would be a good addition to their games. Thus they seem okay for C3G testing.
- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the houses offer any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Yes, those who choose to ignore the interior of these houses are really missing a big opportunity to challenge their opponent’s skills as dealing with adversity. By occupying a house you can force your opponent to do things they otherwise would rather not do.
-Unit types positively affected:
Units with multiple activations per OM find is easier to occupy the house and block off the doorways in or out. Ranged attackers that are difficult to hit from range can have their allies block off the doorways while they shoot through the windows. However their LOS is limited and many places exist where a unit outside can’t be seen by someone inside the house. Figures with a SA that does not require LOS likes to be inside, difficult to target by those with traditional ranged attacks while they are not hindered by the walls.
-Unit types negatively affected:
Melee units or units that want to use a melee attack find they can’t easily do so if the opponent occupies multiple hexes inside a home. Large figures that can’t enter due to size restrictions also do not like having a smaller figure run off and hide inside or even just run through the house such they must go around in order to pursue. Figure that need to fly over another figure in order to use an attack or power on it (Firefly, Archangel, Green Goblin, etc.) can be negated by the roof.
-Key questions concerning the use of houses:
When two figures are on ‘adjacent’ hexes divided by a wall with a window in it, questions arise about whether or not those figures are engaged or not and whether or not a melee attack can be made through the open window. It seems as though you should be able to melee attack though the open window, but then it also seems as though you should not be considered engaged when considering LEA and/or Engagement Strike types of rules as there is still a wall between the two figures. I’m sure there may be some grey area powers that are not as clear as to how to rule on the fly. I believe these issues are covered in the RttFF Rulebook as they relate to the small walls that came with the bridge, however it may be nice to include/clarify those rules in our Urban Building rulebook such that it is easy for players to look up and find answers to their questions all in one place. Also see tests 3 & 4.
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Flash ran up and att. Sue with a normal att. instead of using his SA, just so he could use the bonus move of 4 to retreat into a house and make it harder for Reed to come after him and try to lock him down. On the next turn Reed stayed outside the house and att. Flash through a window at range 2. At one point Johnny moves to a hex adj. to the front door in an effort to prevent anyone from trying to slip past him into the house, it dawned on me here that a figure with the flying power does not enter engagement when flying past someone but really should be required to land on the ground when entering through a door. So just like when trying to use the road walk bonus, you have to not be using your flying power when entering/exiting a building. Sue ends up adhering to this rule but still manages to enter the house by flying 5 spaces past Johnny & Ben, ‘landing’ on the ½ hex next to the side door, and then using the final 6th move to enter into the house while on the ground. Then from inside the house she unleashes her Lightning Storm SA and hits both Ben & Johnny who are outside the house.
Who won and how many wounds did they have? Psylocke w/3W & Storm @ full health won.
Ms. Marvel had Lockjaw teleport her trio into a house. They were set up such that 4 of the 5 landing spots in the house were filled with the one open spot adj. only to Lockjaw, who could lock down any small & med. Figures that entered the house. One reason I moved them into the house was to avoid the Green Goblin’s Pumpkin Bomb SA. I am assuming that figures under the roof are the same as being under and overhang and thus if the Green Goblin were to fly over the house itself he would not be able to drop bombs on those inside.
Had a few rules questions arise though, there were some trees in close proximity to the house such that a figure inside the house could be within 2 spaces of one, but it seemed odd that Floronic Man & Poison Ivy could use Plant Animation to strike at someone inside (on the other side of a wall from the tree). I couldn’t see any reason it would not happen based on the reading of that power though as no clear sight restrictions apply. Ended up not coming into play for me as I had the Insane team just retreat to the other side of the street in an effort to draw them out of the house rather than mount a siege.
The other odd rules interaction I may have encountered, was concerning the Green Goblin and his Glider power. He has 1 shield def. from non-adj. att. by figures without the flying power, now Ms. Marvel has the flying power and could bypass the 1 shield def. if they were both fighting out in the open street/lawn but when Ms. Marvel was inside the house shooting out a window, it seemed like she should be without access to her flying power. I ended up ruling that she had to att. HQ who was standing in front of the window and blocking her LOS to Green Goblin, but perhaps figures inside the house should have their flying special power negated?
Who won and how many wounds did they have? Ms. Marvel w/3W, Gorgon w/3W, & Lockjaw w/4W won.
Old December 31st, 2016, 09:18 PM

Thanks YK!!!

- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 1st, 2017, 08:49 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Unit types negatively affected:
Huge figures are stuck on the outside and if they lack range and their enemy has range, they are pretty much hosed.
I've been meaning to make a suggestion around this - do you think the houses should be DOs? I mean, a Sentinel, Frost Giant or giant T-Rex may not be able to enter a house, but they can still crack it open to get at the people inside.
I mean, it shouldn't be too easy, so it will still hurt them (which is fine, IMO), but it should make it so that camping Green Arrow in a small house isn't just an auto win vs Satanus.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 1st, 2017, 01:05 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

We talked at one point about making the roof a DO, then Hulk/Superman could just smash right through it and land inside. I think we decided to just first try and keep it simple to see if we could make the house work all on its own before introducing more elements. Another building we were working on was an Apartment Building and that was a DO though, such that you could bring the whole building down if your opponent were to take up residence on the roof and the RotV ruins are now DO's that can be destroyed so making the house a DO is within the realm of possibility.
Old January 2nd, 2017, 07:42 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I really liked the idea of doing the roof as a DO. I think the breakable section idea doesn't add too much complexity, but it levels the playing field quite a bit for figures that are inconvenienced by the house.

Ordered a couple houses for myself, so I should be able to test it soon, either way.
Old January 2nd, 2017, 12:52 PM

Very cool news.

I think we need to complete the Small House as-is first so we can get one under our belt.
Then we discuss adding in a DO nature.

Thanks for the input from everyone.

You rock Ronin!

- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 3rd, 2017, 11:28 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Unit types negatively affected:
Huge figures are stuck on the outside and if they lack range and their enemy has range, they are pretty much hosed.
I've been meaning to make a suggestion around this - do you think the houses should be DOs? I mean, a Sentinel, Frost Giant or giant T-Rex may not be able to enter a house, but they can still crack it open to get at the people inside.
I mean, it shouldn't be too easy, so it will still hurt them (which is fine, IMO), but it should make it so that camping Green Arrow in a small house isn't just an auto win vs Satanus.
I haven't followed this too closely, but I definitely agree here. I'd very much like to avoid anything that could create auto-lose scenarios.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old January 3rd, 2017, 12:21 PM

I do not see that being possible as-is.

So we could make the Small House non-tournament worthy as just a terrain piece.
Then perhaps we make both the Roof and the Base/Walls DO's that would be tourney worthy?

- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library