Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News
AotP News Sightings, official news, etc.

Notices

Old July 24th, 2015, 11:04 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
AotP Initial Distribution

This is a summary of what's been going on in the main discussion thread for newcomers here. When Hasbro announced a sudden month early Planeswalker Arena limited distribution, supposedly even Wizards of the Coast was taken by surprise! After much hustling around, it became clear that the only "early distribution" going on was that one demo copy was being sent out to to some game stores that had held Magic The Gathering Tournaments--as attested to by one store owner on boardgamegeek.

Gamers are just getting their own copies now through Amazon.com, but those of us waiting for store distribution will have to wait until August 1, the official general release date, which has not changed.
Old July 24th, 2015, 11:30 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: AotP Initial Distribution

Not having it at Gen Con feels like a total blunder. Of course I have no experience in the industry but releasing a game like this the weekend of Gen Con but not having it available to the attendees seems really strange.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 24th, 2015, 11:54 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

That's very true. But then, Hasbro is very strange. And none of the lists of top games coming out at GenCon include it!
Old July 24th, 2015, 04:46 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker

I've seen numerous copies at Hastings. So if you have one nearby and dont want to wait the extra week go see if you can pick one up.

My Customs My Super Customs
I see you quiver with antici...
Spoiler Alert!
Old July 24th, 2015, 04:50 PM

Thanks McH, but I don't even know what a Hastings is! maybe they are local to the Southwest?
Old July 24th, 2015, 05:35 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Looks like it will be available at Gen Con, though you need to buy a ticket to play/get it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen Con Events
Magic: the Gathering Strategy Board Game
Arena of the Planeswalkers - Everyone Gets a Copy
Thu 11:00 am - Thu 1:00 pm 5/5 34.00
Thu 2:00 pm - Thu 4:00 pm 4/5 34.00
Fri 10:00 am - Fri 12:00 pm 5/5 34.00
Fri 1:00 pm - Fri 3:00 pm 3/5 34.00
Sat 10:00 am - Sat 12:00 pm 5/5 34.00
Sat 1:00 pm - Sat 3:00 pm 4/5 34.00
Sun 10:00 am - Sun 12:00 pm 5/5 34.00
Sun 1:00 pm - Sun 3:00 pm 5/5 34.00
http://gencon.eventdb.us/changes.php?ChangeSet=258

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old July 24th, 2015, 05:47 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Intel

I talked with one of my FLGS today. What they told me is that certain stores affiliated with Hasbro/WotC got the special demo set. They would be stocking it the week of Gencon. Uncertain if this is official Hasbro policy.

~Dysole, who noted that the person seemed knowledgeable enough but didn't seem to know much about the game in particular
Old July 24th, 2015, 06:00 PM

I'll actually be getting mine by mail in another week or two, at a discount with no shipping; so I can wait a bit.
Old July 24th, 2015, 06:04 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Thanks Jim! I may check that out.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 24th, 2015, 11:02 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
That's very true. But then, Hasbro is very strange. And none of the lists of top games coming out at GenCon include it!
~~~lol~~~ Yes, that is very true also. The HasBORG, as I like to call it because over the years they have assimilated so many good game companies into their Mega-Corporation to squeeze every penny of profit they can from their favorite Ca$h-Cow$ and squash every perceived potential threat to their business model, but it IS still a TOY company at heart and doesn't seem to understand games, gamers, or the gaming industry. There is a really fascinating Geek-List on http://www.BoardgameGeek.COM called "How Hasbro ate the World" describing its historical rise to power. That's just my obviously I'm still upset about how they abandoned our beloved HeroScape.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News