Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old February 6th, 2010, 11:48 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The Book of Casual Rule: Knockback

The Book of Knockback Casual Rules

C3G DC MASTER SET
WORLD'S FINEST

This set of rules is not necessary to enjoy C3G customs, but it is designed to enhance your SuperHero Battles by allowing figures to knock other figures backwards as they attack each other.

Knockback Description- So you want to learn how to fly? Easy. Just anger the Hulk and let him punch you square in the jaw, then you will believe a man can fly...

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Casual Rules: Casual Rules are intended for casual play only, and may interact in unusual ways with other C3G designs. They are not allowed for C3G Playtesting.
  • Q- If any figure with Deadly Shot/Strike and SuperStrength roll 2 attack dice and roll two skulls for an adjacent attack, how many Knockback points do they receive, 2 or 4?
    A - 2. Knockback points are determined by each skull rolled, not each hit counted.
  • The C3G Knockback Optional Rule Set was designed to be played with the white combat dice found in the second edition of Rise of the Valkyrie Master set, Swarm of the Marro Master Set, Marvel Heroscape Master Set and Dungeons and Dragons Master Set and is fully compatible only with this set of combat dice. When using different dice, house rules are necessary to ensure full compatibility.
  • Q - Where do I place my figure if it has been moved by Knockback and falls over a cliff but its movement would end on a space that is occupied by a figure, destructible object, obstacle, etc.?
    A - You cannot move a figure onto an occupied space with these Knockback rules. So whether there's a tree or another figure down at the bottom of that cliff, you couldn't move the figure there and you'd have to stop and roll for Knockback damage since you couldn't move the figure.
  • Q - Who moves a figure that is knocked back? It doesn't say who specifically moves the figure.
    A - Unless otherwise stated, the only player that can ever move a figure, is the player that controls that figure.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • TBA

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by tcglkn; January 13th, 2022 at 02:20 PM.
Old February 8th, 2010, 01:08 AM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Knockback Optional Rules

Awesome work, Griff. Thanks for creating these books.
Old February 9th, 2010, 03:25 PM

Cigarman has disabled reputation

Can you clarify if you punch someone into a battlement on a castle and the circumstances in which they would go over it to fall to their doom. I know it takes 2 movement to jump over one. Does this mean that if I do 3 KB, they go over it and fall?

Thanks,
Cigarman
Old February 9th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigarman View Post
Can you clarify if you punch someone into a battlement on a castle and the circumstances in which they would go over it to fall to their doom. I know it takes 2 movement to jump over one. Does this mean that if I do 3 KB, they go over it and fall?

Thanks,
Cigarman
Well technically, it takes a move of 3 to go over the inside of the battlement: 2 for its height and 1 for moving over it.

From the outside of the battlement it takes a move of 4 to go over it: 3 for its height and 1 for moving over it.

But to answer your question, the figure needs to move over the wall to avoid Knockback Damage against that wall. If the figure cannot move over the wall, then it takes Knockback Damage. You should use the same principal for all terrain, elevations, obstacles, etc.
Old February 9th, 2010, 11:06 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

I really love using "knockback" in the games we play. I have a question about how the "knockback rule was created. How did you decide to use the skulls to block skulls? Did you consider the the shields and blanks option? I think that was used in a previous Knockback rule. Do you know which way gives you a higher probability of knockback (I am not a real math guy) The only differences that I see is the that using the skulls you have more of a chance to take damage and not be Knocked back vs. the other way which increases knockback with damage taken. You would basically need a lot of blanks to stop the knockback but still take a lot damage. What do think? Also when knocked back into terrain or objects seems a little unclear. Do you count knockback points like movement points? That seems a little odd. Couldn't you say a figure will crash into any height or terrain elevation more than 1/2 it's height. So a figure large 6 could be knocked over a battlement but nothing shorter. I know technically its height is really 2 but it does take 3 to go over. Just some ideas...

Last edited by Drewman-chu; February 9th, 2010 at 11:23 PM.
Old February 9th, 2010, 11:13 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I believe Necroblade and Balantai hashed out that particular quirk. I think it had to do with thematic reasons. A skull represents a hit, a shield represents a block, and a blank represents a whiff. So if you whiff completely, you shouldn't stop KB or damage. Whereas you can block an attack (like Cap with his shield) and still get thrown back. A skull represents sacrificing your body to go more on the offensive and stand your ground (thus it stops Knockback).
I'm not sure how the math works out on these. It does (in my playtesting) make it a nice, light touch, though, which I like.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 9th, 2010, 11:30 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

I will try both methods and see the different effects on the games. I think your right though the "Skulls" method is a lighter touch and shields and blanks method is "Hulk Smash" as the figure goes into the next county.
Old February 9th, 2010, 11:31 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I believe Necroblade and Balantai hashed out that particular quirk. I think it had to do with thematic reasons. A skull represents a hit, a shield represents a block, and a blank represents a whiff. So if you whiff completely, you shouldn't stop KB or damage. Whereas you can block an attack (like Cap with his shield) and still get thrown back. A skull represents sacrificing your body to go more on the offensive and stand your ground (thus it stops Knockback).
I'm not sure how the math works out on these. It does (in my playtesting) make it a nice, light touch, though, which I like.
Not only does the mechanic for this work well, but I love the thematic design. In Martial arts to just block an attack you are usually redirecting the impact of a strike, where as a "striking block" or "ken uke" is designed to resist and stop a thrusting attack that would otherwise cause Knockback.
In other words, to stop a thrusting attack, you must meet or exceed its power with your own offense. This is translated perfectly in our Knockback rules IMO.

Next week we will learn how to avoid the thrusting attack by rolling a 13 to Stray.
Old February 9th, 2010, 11:44 PM

I prefer to avoid the thrusting attack and make your attacker hurt simultaneously by using Evasive Strike.

Old February 10th, 2010, 12:00 AM

You mean like Cunterstrike?
Old February 10th, 2010, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewman-chu View Post
You mean like Cunterstrike?
Counterstrike is interpreted as being one of two different things, it can be a powerful thrusting block (usuru uke) that is designed to not only stop the attack, but to also specifically harm the limb that was attacking. This technique was popularized by Bruce Lee's Jeet Kune Do philosophy, attack the attacker. If someone kicks at you, block it so hard that it cripples that limb.
Or, counterstrike is interpreted as parrying an attack and following it up with one or more quick attacks in succession, and at a speed where the technique is one fluid motion in stead of just a block... then an attack.
Old February 10th, 2010, 12:22 AM

Thanks Griff, you really know a lot about martial arts. What is your specialty?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library