Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old October 28th, 2010, 05:51 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leotheanimal87 View Post
Here's my question: Let's say a character is standing on one castle wall piece. It has a height of 9, but wouldn't I get to roll 2 extra attack and defense die because technically the height is 10 because the castle wall piece is on top of a regular land hex that has a height of 1? Please correct me if I am wrong thank you
If I'm reading this correctly, you're asking if you would receive the 2 dice from extreme height advantage. If so, then it would depend upon the height of the character you're attacking. Yes, the wall-walk tile your figure is standing upon is level 10, but to get the additional dice, your figures base must be ten or more levels above the target's height - that is, yours must be standing at least 10 levels above the other's head.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!

Last edited by nate the dawg; October 28th, 2010 at 05:52 PM. Reason: ninja'd
Old October 28th, 2010, 06:04 PM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart

Thank you everyone. Lefton4ya thank you for bringing that to my attention, have always overlooked that. So if I'm getting this right, let's say I have a figure who's height is 5 and is on top of a capped castle wall piece. He shoots down on a figure who's height is also 5. I only get 1 extra attack die because I'm only 5 levels higher than his height right?

“Sometimes when you shout your wishes into the void, the void looks back and smiles” -HMK WELCOME BACK HEROSCAPE! I never stopped believing!
Old October 28th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Bot Bloodhound

Fen_Hydra has disabled reputation

Quote:
Thank you everyone. Lefton4ya thank you for bringing that to my attention, have always overlooked that. So if I'm getting this right, let's say I have a figure who's height is 5 and is on top of a capped castle wall piece. He shoots down on a figure who's height is also 5. I only get 1 extra attack die because I'm only 5 levels higher than his height right?
I would say that's correct.

Although if you're on a double-height castle, and at least 10 levels higher than their height, from my memory of the rules, you get +3 total bonus from extreme height. (+1 for height, and +2 extra)
Old October 28th, 2010, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fen_Hydra View Post
Quote:

Although if you're on a double-height castle, and at least 10 levels higher than their height, from my memory of the rules, you get +3 total bonus from extreme height. (+1 for height, and +2 extra)
Hmmm really, isn't it just 2? Can someone verify that

“Sometimes when you shout your wishes into the void, the void looks back and smiles” -HMK WELCOME BACK HEROSCAPE! I never stopped believing!
Old October 28th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's just the 2 dice. They replace normal height advantage.
Old October 28th, 2010, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwsm View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's just the 2 dice. They replace normal height advantage.
Thanks

Old October 28th, 2010, 06:20 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

.....looking.....

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old October 28th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Bot Bloodhound

Fen_Hydra has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraine69 View Post
I believe Fen Hydra is coorect, extreme height yields 3 extra dice.....looking.....
In the BFTU rulebook it says +2 (total) for extreme height.

In the SOTM it says +2 (total).

In the ROTV (2nd ED) it says "two extra dice"...

Apparently I was mis-remembering...
Old October 28th, 2010, 06:24 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think we both confused it mith "major fall".

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old October 28th, 2010, 07:08 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Heh, thanks for answering, even though I already knew the answer.

What I didn't know was that major height was 10 levels, I thought that it was 12... um... sorry Charos
Old October 29th, 2010, 08:49 PM

Nidpenguin is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

If Syvarris or another double attack-er is killed by counter strike of Evil Eye Protection or some such ability, does he still get the second strike? So basically, do the two attacks happen at the same time, or is the second after the first?
Old October 29th, 2010, 08:52 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidpenguin View Post
If Syvarris or another double attack-er is killed by counter strike of Evil Eye Protection or some such ability, does he still get the second strike? So basically, do the two attacks happen at the same time, or is the second after the first?
Nope. If Syvarris dies after the first atack, he loses the second.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's