Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old August 23rd, 2019, 03:20 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider30 View Post
What are your thoughts on Sorcerer? I demo’d it at gencon but it just didn’t click with me. It just felt like too many other games out there. I did like the art though.

- Raider30
Personally I love Sorcerer. I went all-in on the kickstarter and haven't regretted it yet. The back-and-forth mechanics are really unique; I haven't played another card game that keeps all the players that engaged so well.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 2nd, 2019, 06:22 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Tried Scythe and didn't like it. Played Above and Below x2, Near and Far x2, Fire and Axe, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Rocky Road ice cream game, Star Trek Ascendancy and possibly some others - too much to remember at WGGCon.

Old September 2nd, 2019, 07:39 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Two games of Pax Pamir (2nd Ed), which is very interesting, although I don't plan to buy it. Two games of my favorite, Rising Sun, my 21st and 22nd games of it. Although I've only won 3 times so far, my goal is to win once with all eight clans (up to six can play at once). I lost the last game by only two points! My first Battle of Britain, which is not C&C but is a redo by Richard Borg. Germans got slaughtered by casualties, but this is apparentely common for a first game. Another game of Memoir 44: New Flight Plan. The old Air Pack was the only one of many M44 that disappointed, and it turns out the publisher messed with the designer's rules. This time he got to do what he wanted to originally, and its great! A game each of Quartermaster General and QMG 1914, which is particularly fun to teach new players, since it looks at the old subjects of WWs I and II with a totally new treatment, using cards.

Swords and Sails has just arrived, my first of three Big Box games coming soon. You can share my experiences on BGG. I've spent a lot of time prepping it and reading rules, making notes and a few simple player aids, etc. The designer has been very good about communicating and answering questions, both directly and on that site. Everyone was too busy this Labor Day Weekend, but I expect to play it next month. Mezo and Hellenica: Story of Greece are due in October.
Old September 2nd, 2019, 07:46 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Taeblewalker,

Wow, you sure got your Con badge's worth! Nice going.
Old September 2nd, 2019, 07:01 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Tried Scythe and didn't like it.
We can't be friends any more.

I love Scythe. It's one of my favourite games although I don't think I have won a game yet.
Old September 2nd, 2019, 08:21 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like it, but it’s one of those that is so crunchy it gives me the sweats!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 2nd, 2019, 11:53 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider30 View Post
What are your thoughts on Sorcerer? I demo’d it at gencon but it just didn’t click with me. It just felt like too many other games out there. I did like the art though.

- Raider30
Personally I love Sorcerer. I went all-in on the kickstarter and haven't regretted it yet. The back-and-forth mechanics are really unique; I haven't played another card game that keeps all the players that engaged so well.
I really liked it at the GenCon demo, too. I didn’t buy it because I don’t know when I’d play it, though.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 4th, 2019, 11:10 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

caps came over a week back and we played it again; it's a good game for sure. Kinda feels like a very grown-up version of Smash-Up. Dice+Draw does create a fair amount of random chance influence, but there's a lot of skill as well for sure. Plenty of decisions to make.

Speaking of Smash-Up, I've been playing that a lot with my boys lately. I also introduced them to Dominion over Labor Day weekend and now that's all they want to play. That's nice because my wife will play Dominion too, so we get to have 4-player games.
Old September 5th, 2019, 10:03 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Joan of Arc, Lotr: LCG, and Cloudspire have been hitting the table the most at my house. Wave 2 just arrived yesterday for Joan of Arc so I'm pretty stoked to get some world ending apocalyptic battles going once work finally slows down.

I am liking Cloudspire more and more when I play it but oddly enough I enjoy the vs. mode more than the co-op mode. I haven't tried solo mode yet, my son keeps wanting to play every time I try to play solo.

My oldest daughter is excited to go to Con of the Rings this year with me so we've been playing LotR: LCG when we can.

I also squeezed in a long campaign of Israeli Air Force Leader, Yom Kippur War.

I'm also still playing Pathfinder: ACG.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old September 9th, 2019, 07:27 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

got to play Risk 2210 for the first time, Loved it, really want to play more, it is nice to see things that are in HS from it

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old September 9th, 2019, 09:01 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I bought Flash Point Fire Rescue which I have played before, and Mansions of Madness which I haven't. I'll be bringing both to my game group tomorrow.

Old September 10th, 2019, 11:28 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Played Sierra West and Black Angel this weekend. Both really good but I need more plays of Black Angel. More importantly, we are getting the band back together! Stephen Universe accepted a position at the company I work for, so we will be playing daily again. I have already acquired a gaming office and await his arrival Monday.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games