Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 24th, 2012, 01:58 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
Re: LC's Customs-Bloodvine 07/24/12

I like it LC...very thematic and cool.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old July 24th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

The Bloodvine is a solid start of a design, but I don't think it has much value as-is. It's a fairly weak single-attacking hero that only synergizes with copies of itself. Blood Growth calls for horde builds (or at least multiple copies), but at 4/1/3/4 it will not be worth putting order markers on. Even if it was dirt cheap I doubt horde builds of these would defeat many enemies due to the lack of offensive power.

There is some value in Thorny Vine, but is pretty badly outclassed by Gladiatrons. For the cost of two Bloodvines you can get four Gladiatrons which usually have better movement individually and get four activations per order marker. Even then Gladiatrons are almost never used without Blastatrons -- which goes to show that Cyberclaw isn't all that valuable.

To make the unit valuable it needs to be able to accomplish something significant on its turn, or at least have value solo as late-game filler (and as such be comparable to other low-cost fillers). Perhaps a teleporting grass-to-grass movement to emphasize Thorny Vine (probably with a defense boost), or maybe a more vigorous regrowth mechanic.
Old July 24th, 2012, 02:48 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Thanks for the feedback, ZB and Scytale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
The Bloodvine is a solid start of a design, but I don't think it has much value as-is. It's a fairly weak single-attacking hero that only synergizes with copies of itself. Blood Growth calls for horde builds (or at least multiple copies), but at 4/1/3/4 it will not be worth putting order markers on. Even if it was dirt cheap I doubt horde builds of these would defeat many enemies due to the lack of offensive power.

There is some value in Thorny Vine, but is pretty badly outclassed by Gladiatrons. For the cost of two Bloodvines you can get four Gladiatrons which usually have better movement individually and get four activations per order marker. Even then Gladiatrons are almost never used without Blastatrons -- which goes to show that Cyberclaw isn't all that valuable.

To make the unit valuable it needs to be able to accomplish something significant on its turn, or at least have value solo as late-game filler (and as such be comparable to other low-cost fillers). Perhaps a teleporting grass-to-grass movement to emphasize Thorny Vine (probably with a defense boost), or maybe a more vigorous regrowth mechanic.
Very good points indeed, Scytale.

Below are my original thoughts for this unit. I watered them down for the first card. I usually tend to second guess myself and weaken my units from my original thoughts; I don't know why.

Originally I had conceived of them as uncommon heroes which would give them multiple lives.

I had also considered giving them an extra attack die for each wound on the defending figure or an extra attack if they inflicted a wound on a figure. Either of which would go along with the theme of these things living off of blood and therefore being strengthened by and thirsting for blood.

Turf Movement
Instead of moving normally, you may choose a jungle piece or evergreen tree within 5 clear sight spaces of a Bloodvine you control. You may place that Bloodvine on any empty space adjacent to the chosen jungle piece or evergreen tree.
This is with a base move of 5 spaces rather than the present 4 spaces

Thorny Vine
All small or medium opponent's figures that enter or occupy a space adjacent to any Bloodvine may not move. A figure affected by Thorny Vine may not be moved by any special power on any Army Card or glyph. A fifure affected by Thorny vine must roll one less defense die when defending against an attack.
Basically the same as the present ability but with the one less defense die penalty. The thought was that a figure wrapped up in a thorny vine would be less able to defend itself against an attack

Blood Growth
If an opponent's figure adjacent to a Bloodvine you control is destroyed, you may, if possible, place a previously destroyed Bloodvine you control on the space the destroyed figure occupied.
This allowed a Bloodvine to be placed any time an opponent's figure is destroyed rather than only when a Bloodvine destroys the figure.
Old July 24th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
Thorny Vine
All small or medium opponent's figures that enter or occupy a space adjacent to any Bloodvine may not move. A figure affected by Thorny Vine may not be moved by any special power on any Army Card or glyph. A fifure affected by Thorny vine must roll one less defense die when defending against an attack.
Basically the same as the present ability but with the one less defense die penalty. The thought was that a figure wrapped up in a thorny vine would be less able to defend itself against an attack
This gets a little weird with stacking. Since they are Common, being adjacent to multiple Bloodvines would only reduce the defense by 1. If you make them Uncommon, the defense reduction would stack. As Commons I'm not sure what happens if a figure is affected by Bloodvines owned by multiple opponents... I think they would lose 1 defense per opponent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
Blood Growth
If an opponent's figure adjacent to a Bloodvine you control is destroyed, you may, if possible, place a previously destroyed Bloodvine you control on the space the destroyed figure occupied.
This allowed a Bloodvine to be placed any time an opponent's figure is destroyed rather than only when a Bloodvine destroys the figure.
This gets weird when combined with other unit abilities, especially other ones that replace figures and special attacks. An obvious one that jumps to mind is Zombies. If a Zombie kills a figure next to a Bloodvine, what happens?
Old July 24th, 2012, 11:50 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Thanks for helping, Scytale.

Some of the other thoughts I had for this guy...

Quote:
Uncommon
L 5
M 5 or 6
R 1
A 3
D 4

Turf Movement
as above

Entangled
same as Cyberclaw but includes large figs

Thorns
After revealing an OM on this card but before moving or attacking, you may roll the 20 sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, each figure adjacent to this Bloodvine receives one wound.

Blood Growth
If this Bloodvine destroys an opponent's figure, you may, if possible, place a previously destroyed Bloodvine you control on the space the destroyed figure occupied.
Turf Movement can make Entangled a nasty surprise for squaddies relying on the defense bonus from jungle pieces.
Entangled can broaden the damage of Thorns
Thorns can increase the efficacy of Blood Growth
Old January 24th, 2013, 01:15 PM

Re: LC's Customs-Sisters of Weston Abbey 1/24/13

Sisters of Weston Abbey
With the defeat and disappearance of Sir Denrick and his Knights of Weston, the land was thrown into turmoil. No more was there anyone to stand against those who would oppress the weak and helpless.

The Sisters of Weston Abbey, whose patron had been Sir Denrick, did what they could to help those who most needed it. They soon realized, however, that much more needed to be done than what they could do from within the walls of the Abbey.

Taking up the swords left behind by their brother knights and the vows to defend the defenseless the Sisters of Weston Abbey soon came to the attention of the same baron who had lead his swarthy army against the valiant Knights of Weston at the River Lorie. Concealed in the darkness of night, the treacherous baron lead a group of merciless killers and infiltrated the abbey. Although the baron met his end that night at the hands of the sister's Mother Superior, the battle was not to be theirs.

Before the end, however, Jandar again intervened and reunited the Sisters of Weston Abbey with the knights who had for so long defended them and their land against the tyranny of evil.

Now, instead of letting Sir Denrick and his knights risk all in the cause of what is right alone, the Sisters of Weston Abbey have hung up their habits and donned more appropriate dress for their new mission- to fight along side their former benefactors and brothers to stem the evil hordes that threaten to take over Valhalla.

The Sisters of Weston Abbey consists of three unique heroes and 1 common squad. I created them a very long time ago but have recently redone them. One reason is that the original minis I used, while they looked awesome and fit the theme perfectly, were extremely expensive and unpainted. I wanted to actually play these girls on the field and so I hunted down what minis I could that I could actually purchase and use.

Of course they aren't dressed like warrior nuns (what do warrior nuns dress like anyhow?) but beggars can't be choosers. Here the cards along with pics of the figures I originally used for these girls.

As always, any input is always needed and appreciated. Thanks for looking!
Old January 24th, 2013, 01:26 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Those are pretty cool. I like your mini choices.

Mother Superior's INSPIRATION looks overpowered when combined with the 4th Mass. SUPPLICATION could also be a very strong power when not limited. I really like the way that RIGHTEOUS LIFE interacts with itself. Nifty.

What is "Veberable"?

I like WEIGHT OF GUILT--very nifty.

THE GIFT OF EXHORTATION could cause some issues by creating out-of-turn attacks. It seems like it would be better to model it off of Mogrimm Forgehammer's COMMANDER'S STRIKE.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 24th, 2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Those are pretty cool. I like your mini choices.

Mother Superior's INSPIRATION looks overpowered when combined with the 4th Mass. SUPPLICATION could also be a very strong power when not limited. I really like the way that RIGHTEOUS LIFE interacts with itself. Nifty.

What is "Veberable"?

I like WEIGHT OF GUILT--very nifty.

THE GIFT OF EXHORTATION could cause some issues by creating out-of-turn attacks. It seems like it would be better to model it off of Mogrimm Forgehammer's COMMANDER'S STRIKE.
Thanks for the input, caps. All good points. I haven't played HS in almost a year and haven't designed for quite some time so I know I am going to miss some otherwise obvious things until I get back into the swing of things.

Veberable. Well, it is the same as Venerable only I have a stuffed up nose right now because I have a cold so it came out "veberable" instead
Old January 24th, 2013, 03:56 PM

OK, here are some changes I made (besides the whole "veberable" typo )

Mother Superior
INSPIRATION
All figures you control with a Devout or Valiant personality that are within 3 clear sight spaces of Mother Superior may add 1 to their attack when attacking an adjacent opponent’s figure. Mother Superior cannot benefit from Inspiration.

Original wording
Spoiler Alert!

SUPPLICATION
When rolling defense dice, all figures you control adjacent to Mother Superior may re-roll any dice that do not show shields. Supplication may be used only once per attack. Mother Superior cannot benefit from Supplication.

Original wording
Spoiler Alert!

Venerable Sister Rebecca
BEARING ANOTHER'S BURDEN
After moving and before attacking with Venerable Sister Rebecca you may choose any opponent’s figure within 5 clear sight spaces that is engaged with any figure you control that follows Jandar. Roll the 20 sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, the chosen figure receives one wound.

Original wording
Spoiler Alert!

Any other thoughts?
Old January 24th, 2013, 04:02 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Definitely an improvement.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 24th, 2013, 05:29 PM

Updated the OP with the new cards with reworked abilities and fixed typos
Old January 24th, 2013, 10:18 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Some very interesting Ladies here LC. Looks like a nun army would be quite formidable. Also glad to see you back on the boards my friend.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards