Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Old August 1st, 2008, 06:03 PM

Ivellius knows what's in an order marker Ivellius knows what's in an order marker
Northwest Alabama Sales

This is my first post here, so it'll probably be long-winded.

Ah, Toys "R" Us. A few weeks ago I went inside, hoping to round out my collection of board games with a Star Wars OT Risk set, when a strange price sticker beneath a battered box caught my eye. Heroscape Master Set for $6? It had to be a mistake. In a sense, it was--all clearance items have been an additional 20% off for most of the summer, so I spent even less. Given that the box had been opened, I was worried that it'd be missing pieces, but I figured I could always use them as D&D miniatures or something. Well, this impulse buy has gotten me hooked, and I got out today on a hunch that paid off. Three "Big Box" stores in Florence, AL, are currently having great sales on Heroscape stuff, although supplies are limited.

Target - Several ROTV Master Sets for $10 and a couple of Wave 5s for $2.50. I think they had one Warriors and Soulborgs and one or two Agents and Gladiators left.

Toys "R" Us - To my surprise, I later found more ROTV sets (in good shape, too) lurking in the store and bought up the 1st edition ones. They have 3 ROTVs for $6, marked down to $4.80. The Marvel set is $25, which will go down to $20. They also have a bunch of flagbearers, some Wave 5s, and a TON of SOTMs, but none of those are on clearance yet.

Kmart - I'd been there before and seen some boosters, but when I went today, they had finally been marked down to $6. Should be three or four sets from Wave 4, maybe an Agents from Wave 5, too. Their Marvel sets were $27, and as an unrelated note they had Transformers Risk for $3. I was tempted.

Well, I thought I was through collecting for a while after I finished buying the World of Warcraft RPG books, but I guess I'll have something else to keep me buying now. If anyone in the area plays or knows of a good place to get some Grut Orcs, let me know. My fiancee would like a squad or two to go with "Chomper" (her nickname for Grimnak, you see).
Old August 1st, 2008, 09:09 PM

Father Of Julian knows what's in an order marker Father Of Julian knows what's in an order marker
Re: Northwest Alabama Sales

WOW!!!! I wish I could find deals like that!!!
Old August 1st, 2008, 09:30 PM

Kamakazi is surprisingly tart
Re: Northwest Alabama Sales

Sounds like you get all the luck! Everywhere I shop has nothing, or next to it. And what is there never seems to be on sale!
Kam

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales