Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Notices

Old June 28th, 2006, 10:27 AM

Aranas has disabled reputation
But it is a dragon. From SBN bios:
This Marro Hivelord's command of the battlefield is supreme. His mere presence on the field inspires even mindless Marro drones to become bolder and more effective. Mounted on his skeletal dragon, Su-Bak-Na can survey his surroundings in an instant and fly to wherever his daunting presence is required.

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old June 28th, 2006, 10:30 AM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
i still dont consider him a dragon. but thats just me.
Old June 28th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Well Su-Bak-Na isn't a dragon so you're right K/H Addict....but his mount is.

Old June 28th, 2006, 10:55 AM

geddy lifeson has disabled reputation
Even though SBN is not the dragon and Grimnak is not the dino, it makes it so much easier to refer to them that way. I don't know if I have ever thought of them otherwise even though I know its incorrect.
Old June 28th, 2006, 11:02 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Grimnak in my mind is the orc and Chompy is the dino. Why? Because you don't forget a name like Chompy.

But like geddy-lifeson Su-Bak-Na is always the bone dragon in my brain. Why? I dunno. Maybe I try to just forget about SBN because of his 24" finger of doom?

Old June 28th, 2006, 11:18 AM

wimba808 has disabled reputation
Mark wars has a point. Su0Bak-Na's skelata dragagon does all the work. the only sontribution su-bak-na gives is the hive supremecy ability.
Old June 28th, 2006, 11:31 AM

gorillanator has disabled reputation
1. Nilfheim - 6 move flying and 3 ranged attacks a turn? Does life get better? Plus life and defense that provide some staying power.
2. Braxas - Is extremely powerful depending on enemy army. Braxas isn't going to do **** worth her points against an army of Large and Huge figures. But Braxas is the ultimate downfall of powerful squads like KMA, MoU, and the MM.
3. Charos - 5 move with flying still isn't that much without a ranged attack. But Charos still easily has the best staying power of all the dragons with he highest life and defense. Not used much in our games because we think he is overcosted.
4. Mimring - Survives well only because of long range. But once a good melee figure like Sgt. Drake gets to him he is toast because of his low defense.
5. Su-bak-na - The worst of the dragons because of low defense low life and lack of special abilities. But the high attack and good move w/ flying make him good at weakening or taking out high defense figures.

Violence is not the answer.

Make peace!
Old June 28th, 2006, 12:47 PM

MegadeV knows what's in an order marker MegadeV knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranas
Wow! Ask and you shall receive! That's what I would call an awsome answer! Thank you MegadeV for this detailed analysis
And only 13 posts! Honestly, you are more than welcome to post anytime you know?
Thanks. I just found this place about a month ago. I'll never be a 30 posts a day guy, but I'll chime in from time to time. Honestly, there are so many people here that know everything there is to know about this game, most of what I would say would be repeating 4 or 5 other people so I don't bother posting much.

9+ RotV - 7 SotM - 6 FotAk - 6 RttFF - 3 VW - 3 TT - 3 TJ - 1 Marvel - 3+ of each common - playing since Dec '05

Megadev's Repaints and Customs
BattletechScape
Old June 28th, 2006, 01:08 PM

Aranas has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegadeV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranas
Wow! Ask and you shall receive! That's what I would call an awsome answer! Thank you MegadeV for this detailed analysis
And only 13 posts! Honestly, you are more than welcome to post anytime you know?
Thanks. I just found this place about a month ago. I'll never be a 30 posts a day guy, but I'll chime in from time to time. Honestly, there are so many people here that know everything there is to know about this game, most of what I would say would be repeating 4 or 5 other people so I don't bother posting much.
But yet, your post was an "above average" post. Again, don't hesitate! There are all kinds of people here. Some post often, some never post (lurkers). Some always write structured things/comments, some posts "on the fly", while others systematically write absurd things. There are young and old people here, some friendly and some harsh writers and so on...

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old June 28th, 2006, 01:13 PM

wimba808 has disabled reputation
Not only was it an "above average" post it was great advice.

Thnx.
Old June 28th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I have to respectfully disagree with many people's low opinion of SBN. Sure, his defense is pathetic and he can be ripped through like tissue paper in close combat and he's costed a bit high.... uh... where was I going with this?....

Oh yeah. I think people sometimes underestimate the impact of his hive supremacy. I've played with and against many a marro army, and that +1 dice bump has made a HUGE difference time and time again. it has made the difference between a mindshackle stealing one of my characters or not, and with moving 9 drones versus just 6, and bumping running ability of hounds, cloning, etc...

Sure, maybe one successful cloning addition per game due to hive sup's bonus doesn't make SBN worth his cost, but when you add together ALL of his bonus differences among all the marro and hounds, it can be game changing!!

Plus, as with any figure/squad, he has to be played right. Those who charge SBN into the fray in the early game are just asking for sudden death to their beloved dragon... but those who protect him in the reserve ranks for the end game will be rewarded with a deadly flying 7+ attack beast to mop up stragglers with.

As for my overall dragon rankings, this is my breakdown:

Against high volume squad armies:

1) Braxas
2) Nilf
3) Mimring
4) Charos
5) SBN

Against mostly hero armies with light squad support:

1) Charos
2) Nilf
3) SBN
4) Mimring
5) Braxas

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old June 28th, 2006, 01:42 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotwalker 8000
Those who charge SBN into the fray in the early game are just asking for sudden death to their beloved dragon... but those who protect him in the reserve ranks for the end game will be rewarded with a deadly flying 7+ attack beast to mop up stragglers with.

Yep. He's definitely better in reserve and as clean-up towards the end of the game. There's nothing scarier than dealing with the Hivelord with a handful of scattered squad figures.

ACK! Post # 666!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles