Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old December 27th, 2017, 11:15 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Just unwrapped Splendor a few minutes ago. Hope to play it this evening.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 27th, 2017, 03:47 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I've heard good things about that game but haven't played it. Good luck gaming tonight!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old December 27th, 2017, 04:31 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Quote:
I've heard good things about that game but haven't played it. Good luck gaming tonight!
In-Laws in town so we tend to play a lot of games...we've already played a few games of Archaeology the Card Game.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 27th, 2017, 05:38 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
I know a lot of people who really love Splendor, and there's nothing wrong with the game itself, but it doesn't do anything for me. It's a "deck-building" type mechanic... and that's literally it. I have and love Dominion, the prime deck-building example; Marvel Legendary, which is what you want if you like deck-builders and superheroes; and a few other deck builders, but there is absolutely nothing Splendor does, IMO, to make it stand out. Adding the Cities expansion might make it into something I actually want to get out and play, but for now it's not even worth owning for me. Hopefully you find it to your liking, @japes . Like I said a lot of people do.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 27th, 2017, 06:14 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Played Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu with my family a few days ago - loads of fun, with interesting and strategic gameplay, brilliant production values and beautiful art and miniatures.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 27th, 2017, 09:20 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I know a lot of people who really love Splendor, and there's nothing wrong with the game itself, but it doesn't do anything for me. It's a "deck-building" type mechanic... and that's literally it. I have and love Dominion, the prime deck-building example; Marvel Legendary, which is what you want if you like deck-builders and superheroes; and a few other deck builders, but there is absolutely nothing Splendor does, IMO, to make it stand out. Adding the Cities expansion might make it into something I actually want to get out and play, but for now it's not even worth owning for me. Hopefully you find it to your liking, @japes . Like I said a lot of people do.
Yeah it was a gift form my Mother In Law so it's better than I could have expected...I don't expect it to be a regular at the table but as long as it is enjoyable every now and then it will work.

Old December 27th, 2017, 10:52 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah it was a gift form my Mother In Law so it's better than I could have expected...I don't expect it to be a regular at the table but as long as it is enjoyable every now and then it will work.
I have Splendor and enjoy it now and again. I wouldn't consider it a deck-building game though, but whatever. It's light enough for new gamers to play and takes very little setup time.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 28th, 2017, 01:42 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post

I have Splendor and enjoy it now and again. I wouldn't consider it a deck-building game though, but whatever. It's light enough for new gamers to play and takes very little setup time.
Tableau-building, technically, but the core is the same: you start with some basic resources you use to collect more resources, and eventually snowball those into a victory.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 28th, 2017, 08:15 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post

Tableau-building, technically, but the core is the same: you start with some basic resources you use to collect more resources, and eventually snowball those into a victory.
Well that is a lot of games, collecting resources to spend on other things to lead to victory

Regardless, it's not your cup of tea and that's groovy. Not everyone likes all games.

Old December 28th, 2017, 08:37 PM
Prickly Cactus

I went to my buddy's house today to get some gaming in, as he and his wife are also off for the week, and another friend joined us.

Started off playtesting my nephew's game Cube Hog, that he and his buddy will be Kickstarting in March. It went well.

Then we played Majesty: For the Realm, a new game by the designer of Splendor. It's a quick and light game and was fun. Each player starts out with 8 (I believe) of the same cards that they lay out in front of them in numerical order from left to right, forming your village. The first card produces wheat, then the next is a brewery, then there is a witch's hut, then guardhouse, knights, and a couple more I can't recall at the moment. But anyway, there is a deck of cards in the center of the table and like 5 or 6 are revealed. You have 5 meeples each that allow you to take cards deeper in order by placing a meeple on any card that is before the one you want. So you take a card and it will match one of the cards in your tableau, which you will place it under. You get points for placing cards in the tableau, as well as some abilities with some, such as Knights attacking other players that need guards to defend. If the attacking player has more knights, the losing player flips over one of his leftmost cards and puts it in the infirmary, where it will be worth negative points at the end of the game. If you take a witch card and place it under your witch's hut, then you can bring back the topmost card in your infirmary. The game ends when each player has 12 cards in their tableau. As you had placed cards you will get VP's in the form of coins. At the end of the game there are points for how diversified your tableau is and for each player with the most of certain types.

Then we played Terraforming Mars. - This was the first time I've played this game, though I've seen it get played a lot at my group's game nights. It's a really fun game. You basically draft cards to use for different affects. You have a player board that keeps track of the various resources you need to pay for the various cards you may want to play. Some cards are onetime use, some you play to help get resources and while they only have an immediate affect, you keep them in a row next to your board because they will have icons on them that can affect different things. Finally, there are cards that you play that will allow you to use as one of your 2 actions a turn. The oxygen level is really low at the start of the game, as is the temperature and there is no water. So during the game you will do things to raise the temperature and oxygen levels, as well as placing all oceans. So the game ends when all those reach the necessary marks. There are a lot more things to the game, but I don't have time to go into all of them, but it's well worth the hype.

Finally, we played Lords of Xidit. This was a decent game, not great but decent. Programming moves each round and then carrying them out. You need to collect fighters of various types and then fight monsters with those fighters and then collect reputation, money and build towers. Those three things are what will determine your placement at the end of the game.

Old December 30th, 2017, 06:29 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Played Shadows over Camelot tonight followed by about 4 hours of One Night Ultimate Werewolf. Lots of fun!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old December 30th, 2017, 10:06 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Played Shadows over Camelot tonight followed by about 4 hours of One Night Ultimate Werewolf. Lots of fun!
Man, Shadows over Camelot is a great game... haven't played that in far too long. In the process of converting the beautiful figures from it into Arthurian Heroscape customs, as well!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games