Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old October 3rd, 2017, 05:55 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
Quote:
ICE FORTRESS
If Elsa ends her turn not adjacent to any figures, until your next turn, Elsa and all friendly figures on Ice or Snow within 6 clear sight spaces of Elsa add 2 automatic shields when defending against nonadjacent normal attacks.

- forces choice of defense vs building snowmen
- references Fortress Door
- Uses snow and ice built by her own power plus snowmen, which is so begging to be utilized
(imperfect wording will be hashed as ideas are likened)
Im all for that iteration, but if Elsa can gain 2 defense die, does she need a base of 6 defense?
Base stats may certainly change as powers take new forms.

I currently favor:
LIFE 3
Move 5
Range 4
Attack 2
Defense 4
I definitely like this version. Forgive my absence, Im not sure if I said before, but I started a new job a few weeks ago and I was working 60 hours. Now we have slowed down. I think we are close to being done with her powers if everyone likes this newest form.
Old October 3rd, 2017, 10:33 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

No art but a sample of what I have so far. Wordy but neat. A true threat.

text:
Spoiler Alert!

Note: SNOW QUEEN is power #3 not #1.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old October 4th, 2017, 12:39 AM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

text:
Spoiler Alert!

Seems a bit odd Elsa can protect people up to 6 spaces away but only attack enemies 4 spaces away. I'd lower Ice fortress down to 4 spaces away or put it and range at 5 spaces.
Old October 4th, 2017, 07:23 AM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
Quote:

text:
Spoiler Alert!

Seems a bit odd Elsa can protect people up to 6 spaces away but only attack enemies 4 spaces away. I'd lower Ice fortress down to 4 spaces away or put it and range at 5 spaces.
Good point, but I may not outright agree.
I think her Let It Go castle making scene one of her most iconic aspects and that thing was huge, but from then, her interactions were more localized.

Old October 6th, 2017, 05:38 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think we her range and the ice fortress should be the same. I like the idea of it at 5

Last edited by JC McMinis; October 6th, 2017 at 06:20 PM.
Old October 7th, 2017, 02:34 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I don't post here often anymore but I love the way she turned out!

Old October 7th, 2017, 03:44 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker

I agree about splitting the distance. I think we can make her range and Ice Fortress 5.

For Do You Want To Build A Snowman 11 I think we should change the last line from "Elsa counts" to a more matter of fact statement, if that makes sense.

It could read something like "Any Elemental with the Ice Cold special power is considered a Snowman."

And I'm not sure if this was brought up but did we want Ice Fortress to only activate on turns after Elsa didn't attack? I think it would be nice to give the player a strategic choice. Do I attack and lose defense? Or should I skip attacking and bunker down? I think it could work thematically as well, with Elsa either focusing her powers on building or attacking. I'm not sure she should be able to do both simultaneously.

My Customs My Super Customs
I see you quiver with antici...
Spoiler Alert!
Old October 7th, 2017, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHotcakes View Post
I agree about splitting the distance. I think we can make her range and Ice Fortress 5.

For Do You Want To Build A Snowman 11 I think we should change the last line from "Elsa counts" to a more matter of fact statement, if that makes sense.

It could read something like "Any Elemental with the Ice Cold special power is considered a Snowman."

And I'm not sure if this was brought up but did we want Ice Fortress to only activate on turns after Elsa didn't attack? I think it would be nice to give the player a strategic choice. Do I attack and lose defense? Or should I skip attacking and bunker down? I think it could work thematically as well, with Elsa either focusing her powers on building or attacking. I'm not sure she should be able to do both simultaneously.
fair point about attacking and fortressing. She's not a kiter.

ICE FORTRESS
After moving and instead of attacking, if no figures are adjacent to Elsa, she may activate Ice Fortress for the duration of the round. While active, Elsa and all figures within 4 clear sight spaces of her have Move 1 and always add two automatic shields when rolling defense dice against normal attacks from nonadjacent figures.

* ensnares enemies
* Makes sacrificing the turn less harsh because it becomes ongoing
* The fortress becomes more stationary and permanent
* Frees up Elsa OM to use Snowmen.
* Four spaces may be plenty enough.
It may be a bit abstract, but my like for it grows as I think about it. Range may need toggling (more)

Last edited by Confred; October 7th, 2017 at 09:40 PM.
Old October 8th, 2017, 02:25 PM

Or maybe not. It enables snail pace stalling. I move 1 you move 1. End of round 10 draw. How unfun.

Old October 10th, 2017, 11:06 PM

So i haven't seen the movie, so I Youtubed "Elsa all scenes" and this link is to the second video - holy cow Greater Ice Elemental is canon!

Edit: Personality clearly isn't Dauntless, from the few new scenes I've seen already, my previous notions of the character are in contempt.

In that battle video above, she indeed special blocks an arrow, but she also does other things...

Old October 12th, 2017, 09:43 PM

@Confred have you watched the end of the movie. Her personality there is what I was going for. I originally had caring. The newest draft ice fortress seems clunky. I will churn it over and see if I can stream line it.
Old October 13th, 2017, 12:14 AM

I haven't and I can't seem to find it anywhere either

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum