Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old July 26th, 2015, 09:51 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart
Re: 500 Point Competitive Armies

Thanks for the suggestion! I ended up winning (barely). It was one of those games that went back and forth between my opponent and I.
Old August 19th, 2015, 11:07 PM

DaDude is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Any thoughts on these?

Army 1
Sgt. Drake Alexander SOTM x1 - 170 (170)
Sentinels Of Jandar x2 - 390 (110 each, 220 with both)
Airborne Elite x1 - 500 (110)
500 Points

Army 2
Sir Gilbert x1 - 105 (105)
Knights Of Weston x2 - 245 (70 each, 140 with both)
4th Massachusetts Line x2 - 385 (70 each, 140 with both)
Sgt. Drake Alexander ROTV x1 - 495 (110)
495 Points (All Valiant!!!)

In army 2 you could switch out Drake for Sentinels, Mr. MacDirk and probably more I can't think of right now.

These have probably been mentioned before but I'm too lazy and don't have the time to scroll though 142 pages of posts.

Tell me what you guys think!!!
Old August 20th, 2015, 12:15 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDude View Post
Any thoughts on these?

Army 1
500 Points

Army 2

In army 2 you could switch out Drake for Sentinels, Mr. MacDirk and probably more I can't think of right now.

These have probably been mentioned before but I'm too lazy and don't have the time to scroll though 142 pages of posts.

Army 1 is pretty solid. That version of Drake is very strong against other heroes and the Sentinels are tough to kill, especially with some height. The AE are nearly always worth their points and on the right maps can be brutal.

From a disadvantage perspective, it's a bit on the slow side - though the flying, drop and grapple make that irrelevant on maps that have a significant amount of terrain. It doesn't throw a lot of attack dice, though 4 from height is good enough for most purposes. It has very little in the way of special attacks or ways to deal with engagement. Deathreavers could be a serious problem here. It also doesn't have a whole lot of synergy. Solid units, but not ones that particularly benefit from one another's presence.

Personally, I'd be tempted to trade out Drake for Atlaga or Concan and some other support for the Sentinels. Or... alternatively, to trade out the Sentinels for Marcus and Roman Legionnaires to get the soldier synergies. Still, like I said, solid army.

Army 2 is fun. I'd play it. Kinda lacking in special attacks again, but unless/until you get swarmed with Rats (Deathreavers) that probably won't feel like a huge issue. One of my go-to competitive armies is similar: SirG, 3xKoW, Nilfheim. Instead of 4th for range it uses the Special Attack wielding dragon.

Thanks for sharing!

~Aldin, Jandarly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old August 20th, 2015, 12:33 PM

DaDude is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDude View Post
Any thoughts on these?

Army 1
500 Points

Army 2

Army 1 is pretty solid. That version of Drake is very strong against other heroes and the Sentinels are tough to kill, especially with some height. The AE are nearly always worth their points and on the right maps can be brutal.

From a disadvantage perspective, it's a bit on the slow side - though the flying, drop and grapple make that irrelevant on maps that have a significant amount of terrain. It doesn't throw a lot of attack dice, though 4 from height is good enough for most purposes. It has very little in the way of special attacks or ways to deal with engagement. Deathreavers could be a serious problem here. It also doesn't have a whole lot of synergy. Solid units, but not ones that particularly benefit from one another's presence.

Personally, I'd be tempted to trade out Drake for Atlaga or Concan and some other support for the Sentinels. Or... alternatively, to trade out the Sentinels for Marcus and Roman Legionnaires to get the soldier synergies. Still, like I said, solid army.

Army 2 is fun. I'd play it. Kinda lacking in special attacks again, but unless/until you get swarmed with Rats (Deathreavers) that probably won't feel like a huge issue. One of my go-to competitive armies is similar: SirG, 3xKoW, Nilfheim. Instead of 4th for range it uses the Special Attack wielding dragon.

Thanks for sharing!

~Aldin, Jandarly
Thanks for the input!
I was thinking army 1 could be a decent challenge to legoboy's army... Drake can handle Krav with his Thorian Speed and neat attack. Depending on when the Airborne arrive, they could rain down on whatever they want after they grenade the place. Sentinels could hold glyphs and tie up Krav if they wanted to or just go straight for Kurrok if they wanted to.
Of course, I haven't played Heroscape all that long and I don't have the figures to pull either of these off... yet. Nor do I know if that army is that good of a challenge to legoboy... but whatever.
I do like the Nilfheim too. I just thought 4th mass could get in place with Jandar's Dispatch while knights beat stuff up. But that gets rid of the special attack.
Old November 5th, 2015, 12:27 AM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

Hey all so I'm wondering, have any of you guys had much success with an army similar to this one-

Warforged Soldiers (x3) (240)
Raelin (RotV) (80)
Seige (or Krug) (120)
Tarns (or Marro Warriors) (50)
Otonashi (10)
(500 Points)

H E R O S C A P E
Old November 5th, 2015, 02:00 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaperedude View Post
Hey all so I'm wondering, have any of you guys had much success with an army similar to this one-

Warforged Soldiers (x3) (240)
Raelin (RotV) (80)
Seige (or Krug) (120)
Tarns (or Marro Warriors) (50)
Otonashi (10)
(500 Points)
My experience is that the Warforged are a lot of fun, but struggle a bit against armies getting 4-5 attacks per turn. I think it's probably smart to have a heavy hitter with them, and Krug would be my choice in most situations. Marro Warriors are definitely better than Tarns.

I don't always use custom units, but when I do I use Sherman Davies Marvel customs.
Old May 24th, 2016, 11:17 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Last edited by Airborne Elite 5; June 6th, 2016 at 12:09 AM.
Old February 10th, 2017, 06:18 PM

WolfScape is surprisingly tart

This has worked for me so far:

Syvarris (100)
Finn (80)
Thorgrim (80)
Raelin RoTV (80)
Airborne Elite (110)
Marro Warriors (50)

Rush with Finn and Thorgrim. Possess Syvarris. Drop AE on height advantage to deal with threats. Then move Syvarris to the highest point on the map if possible, and move Raelin with him. You now have a 9r/5a/6d double attacker and two squads. I don't have a ton of figures, but I have a perfect record with this army so far.
Old February 11th, 2017, 05:58 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfScape View Post

Syvarris (100)
Finn (80)
Thorgrim (80)
Raelin RoTV (80)
Airborne Elite (110)
Marro Warriors (50)

Rush with Finn and Thorgrim. Possess Syvarris. Drop AE on height advantage to deal with threats. Then move Syvarris to the highest point on the map if possible, and move Raelin with him. You now have a 9r/5a/6d double attacker and two squads. I don't have a ton of figures, but I have a perfect record with this army so far.
If I used that army I would replace Syvarris with the Krav Maga Agents. When I use Syvarris he almost never kills his points worth.
Old February 11th, 2017, 06:19 PM

WolfScape is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Elite 5 View Post
Quote:

Syvarris (100)
Finn (80)
Thorgrim (80)
Raelin RoTV (80)
Airborne Elite (110)
Marro Warriors (50)

If I used that army I would replace Syvarris with the Krav Maga Agents. When I use Syvarris he almost never kills his points worth.
Weird. He always works fine for me...

My Customs are https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=53788
I like cats and wolves and wolverines.

You're reading this! Wow!
Old February 11th, 2017, 08:12 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Elite 5 View Post
Quote:

Syvarris (100)
Finn (80)
Thorgrim (80)
Raelin RoTV (80)
Airborne Elite (110)
Marro Warriors (50)

Weird. He always works fine for me...
I do like Syvarris, and I want to use him more often, but I know I'll end up getting him killed. He is a good choice when playing against Rise of the Valkyrie figures, and figures up to about wave 5. Its when we use wave 6 or higher figures that Syvarris get outclassed.
Old February 20th, 2017, 11:01 AM

Grimnak knows what's in an order marker Grimnak knows what's in an order marker Grimnak knows what's in an order marker

It's quite interesting you say that; I've found Heroscape to have hardly any power creep. If anything, the earlier releases were the OP ones (Krav, Raelin RotV, Marro Warriors, KoW, 4th Mass, Q9, Nilfheim, etc).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion