Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old September 27th, 2010, 08:40 PM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Question Petition to post official senarios on heroscapers.com

To the Heroscaper community:

I assume this is probably a minority of us, but I know my Heroscape moments have proved ultimately successful when I can back up the gameplay with some purpose. I know that there have been the development of many declarations, so I made this thread as more of a speak-out for those who are interested. I want to see if we, as a community, can develop a plan to receive the Thormun's Journal entries and character bios for the Wave 9, Wave 10, Battle for the Underdark, D1, D2, and D3. I want to see if there is any way, through our collaboration, to convince the officials at WOTC to release the backstory behind this sudden influx of characters. A decent bridge behind the storylines of Swarm of the Marro, and the Battle for the Underdark. What has happened to Sgt. Drake? Did Aquilla succeed in driving off the Marro from Ticalla? (Assuming since she can lend forces to the Underdark battles). What was the reasoning behind the Generals summoning every character?

Do not get me wrong, I love the amount of effort the design team has put into our beloved game. But a storyline for these characters would thematically allow these D&D characters to truly belong in 'scape. And Valkrill can have his moment to shine in the backstory with some articles on him.

I am a big creative writer, and I've tried to create a custom understanding of this chronological hole. But so far, everything that keeps coming messes up my attempts. I believe this is very little to ask for.

Is anyone interested in my cause? If not, PM me with ways to improve my request.

But I would really love a return of the backstory. I know it has been written and submitted, as said by someone on this site, just neglected and put aside.

Those interested in a return of the backstory:
1. Majora's Incarnation
2. LordEsenwienIV
3. J4Jandar
4. Kutless
5. Grim
6. The Wall
7. Hogg
8. chas
9. killergoat27
10. Tmac2200
11. Jormi Boced
12. Lord Pyre
13. machinekng
14. Boottrap
15. cmgames ~Z

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!

Last edited by Majora's Incarnation; November 4th, 2010 at 04:11 PM.
Old September 27th, 2010, 08:42 PM
<>character<>

LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Where is the Heroscape Backstory? Oh Thormun??

Add me to the list

Old September 27th, 2010, 08:42 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Truth has said before that there are journal entries waiting to be entered though I think that lineage died with the progression from Hasbro to Wizards.

I love the backstory too.
Old September 27th, 2010, 08:43 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Majora...Truth writes Thormun's Journal...and if you haven't noticed he has been a bit busy with new Heroscape Wave design as well as his own game company and other game projects.

From what he has told us in the past there are a bunch of entries that have not been posted on the website..not his fault..but the Heroscape.com site hasn't really been updated much at all in quite awhile and he can't just upload the entries himself.
Old September 27th, 2010, 08:50 PM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Majora...Truth writes Thormun's Journal...and if you haven't noticed he has been a bit busy with new Heroscape Wave design as well as his own game company and other game projects.

From what he has told us in the past there are a bunch of entries that have not been posted on the website..not his fault..but the Heroscape.com site hasn't really been updated much at all in quite awhile and he can't just upload the entries himself.
Okay. Thank you. I didn't want to be persistent, I just wanted a answer.

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!
Old September 27th, 2010, 09:25 PM

Kutless Woo who?

I love the Backstory,You can add me to the list.
Old September 28th, 2010, 12:30 PM

Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
Truth has said before that there are journal entries waiting to be entered though I think that lineage died with the progression from Hasbro to Wizards.

I love the backstory too.
Agreed and I think it's unlikely we're going to see any prominent official release of the journal entries; it just doesn't seem to "fit" with what WotC is doing now. But perhaps they could do a low-key release of what's been written already; it would please many of us immensely, and what's the harm?
Old September 28th, 2010, 03:27 PM

The Wall Woo who?

You can add me to the list, too.
Old September 28th, 2010, 03:54 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Yes, I want the backstory.
Old September 28th, 2010, 04:04 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

One Question: If Sir Dupuis can upload the OFFICIAL FAQ to this "Unofficial" site and not Hasbro.com or wizards.com's "Official" site, why can't truth upload the OFFICIAL backstory to this site?

I never read more than a few paragraphs of Thormun's Journal as I guess I am one who cares more about gameplay than backstory, but I can empathize with you all wanting to have it as I know other wargames like Warhammer have intricate backstories and Heroclix has the entire comic collection as backstory and that can be quite a draw for a lot of people. Don't add me to the list, but I hope you get a lot of people to sign up.
Old September 28th, 2010, 04:11 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
One Question: If Sir Dupuis can upload the OFFICIAL FAQ to this "Unofficial" site and not Hasbro.com or wizards.com's "Official" site, why can't truth upload the OFFICIAL backstory to this site?
Because the one is authorized to do so and the other is not.
Old September 28th, 2010, 05:09 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I'm in for sure.

But I did suspect the problem is that WOTC would have to pay someone to do it or continue doing it. Its ironic that many of us would love to work on it, but can't. That's capitalism...protect your right to continue material, even as you don't and it dies on the vine. To be fair, author's estates often do the same thing.

Last edited by chas; September 29th, 2010 at 05:07 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion