Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old August 24th, 2010, 02:30 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun
UTAH: 5th annual NHSD Oct. 9, 2010 -- "Wasatch Warfare"

Utah (Wasatch Front) Fifth Annual National HeroScape Day -- "Wasatch Warfare"
Saturday Oct. 9, 2010 -- 11:30am - 5pm.
Bingham Creek County Library meeting room
4834 West 9000 South. 50-person capacity.
Quote:
450-point armies, 24 hexes maximum, any combo. No Marvel or customs allowed, as usual.
Five 45-minute Swiss rounds w/ 15-minute breaks.
Mixed Adult/youth, youth brackets included.
30-minute lunch/snack break near the third round.

Check-in is anytime after 10am. Be there at least 30 minutes early to sign in, get matched up and look around.
The first round starts at 11:30.
Battlefields: Six map categories this year, two paired maps per category,
24 maps total for 48 players. All Master Sets and terrain (except Marvel) were used.
Three types have Power Glyphs, two have Power / Treasure glyphs, one has only Treasure glyphs.

2010 map links
- pictured in the following post.
(
43 players & 2 TDs -- @ Bingham Creek County Library)
basic) A Stone's Throw
basic) Riposte
road) Elswin Plateau (BoV) - [P & T]
road) Migol's Gate [P & T]
lava) Boiling Point
lava) Dragon's Gulch

snow) Jagged Causeway (heavy snow)
snow) Out Cold (normal ice/snow)
castle) Wasaru Castle [P & T]
castle) Shrine of Mo-Ne-Ca (Hive mod) - [P & T]
trees) Fulcrum (later BoV) [T only]
trees) Blackroot (later BoV) - [T only]

Glyph List
Spoiler Alert!
Round setup:
Spoiler Alert!
2010 rankings
Spoiler Alert!
Top 15 (or so) army builds
Spoiler Alert!

NHSD Oct. 9 - 43 players + 2 TDs (final, need to talk to KingKorman):
1) UtahScott
2) The B.I.V.
3) wjscaper
4) BiggaBullfrog (Vernal)
5-6) Beisaic +1
7) Library kid
8-9) ScottManDeath +1
10) Deadmaxx (NV)
11-15) Onslaught +4 (Ut. County)
16) tannergx
17) HokshilaTo
18 ) Vivaldi
19) Tiranx (ID)
20-25) KingKorman +5 (Ut. County)
26-27) ortimus +1
28-30) Bangerters
31-33) Illgotten +2
34) Library kid
35-36) KingKorman +2 more

Changes:
(-5) Bro-man, Rich family are out.
(-3) Friends of Beisaic & Tiranx are out.
(+2) two library kids
(+2) two more Korman neighbor kids
Also, two other kids won't be playing the whole time.

Mythacle's Battleplan database is the comprehensive tool for army drafting.

Previous Utah NHSD maps
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by UtahScott; October 2nd, 2012 at 11:51 AM. Reason: added top 15 army builds
Old September 14th, 2010, 05:12 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: UTAH: 5th annual NHSD Oct. 9, 2010 -- "Wasatch Warfare"

2010 Maps:
Quote:
3 Swamp maps, 3 BftU and 6 RotV maps this year.
Six have road, five have trees/brush, two split start zone maps.
Two were made by locals (tannergx and BiggaBullfrog), four are from Dignan.
HokshilaTo & BiggaBullfrog helped choose this year--thanks!
Additional thanks to Hok (again), wjscaper & tannergx for map building
1) basic RotV: darkmage7a's A Stone's Throw, Riposte

2) road: Elswin Plateau (BoV map) and Migol's Gate

Velenne's Migol's Gate

3) lava: Boiling Point and Dragon's Gulch

BiggaBullfrog
's Dragon's Gulch

4) snow/ice: Jagged Causeway (heavy snow) and stubobj's Out Cold (normal ice/snow)

5) castle/pillars: LongHeroScaper's Wasaru Castle, Shrine of Mo-Ne-Ca (Hive mod)

6) "greens": Fulcrum and Blackroot (both later BoV)

Last edited by UtahScott; October 19th, 2010 at 10:55 PM.
Old September 15th, 2010, 04:01 AM

HokshilaTo Woo who?

Another Dignan map suggestion (they are so good). I've been playing on this one lately and really enjoy it. Fulcrum

A bridge too far by Aeston
This map uses one RotV, one SotM, and one RttFF

GameBear's Maps - I haven't played these, but they look like fun.
Floodgates (1 SM + 1 MH + 1 FA)

Spineback Ridge (1 MS + 1 FA)

Subterranean Sparks by Sup3rS0n1c (2 BftU and 1 VW)

Knophree Pass by Tog (1 RotV and 1 RttFF)

Migol's Gate by Velenne (2BftU, 1FotA)

Anyway, These looked interesting to me. I know some of them have road, just thought I'd throw them into the pool.

Last edited by HokshilaTo; September 22nd, 2010 at 09:47 PM.
Old September 15th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

More suggestions; *=especially like.

Here are a couple more from tannergx.

This one looks fun, although there are voids if there are issues with that. Also has road, but uses columns well.
*Crossfire Catacombs

And, if Marvel terrain is available, these three are good options.
*Flooded Crypt

Cursed Fountains

*Recessed Atrium
We could even throw some Treasure Glyphs on that last one (it doesn't have any glyphs anyway, and I for one would like to see Treasure glyphs on a fair amount of maps).

Here are a couple from stubobj that look like fun.

This one looks like it could be either really fun, or a nightmare to play on, but I'm thinking fun.
Frigid Elevations

This one looks interesting, although placing figures at the beginning might be problematic.
*Out Cold

Tropic Thunder

Last one that I really like:
*Elswin Plateau

Other maps mentioned I *:

A Stone's Throw, Riposte, Dragon's Gulch (yeah, I'm biased), Jagged Causeway, Shrine of Mo-Ce-Na, Black Gold, Blackroot, Fulcrum, and Migol's Gate. Yeah, it's a lot, but there's a lot of good maps.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; September 21st, 2010 at 07:50 PM.
Old September 17th, 2010, 11:00 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth

Please make sure this event is posted in the WotC prize support thread:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=32440

Event organizer also needs to PM me mailing information.

Thank you

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old September 18th, 2010, 03:40 PM

Done--we're in the loop.
Old October 7th, 2010, 04:13 AM

tannergx rolls all skulls baby! tannergx rolls all skulls baby! tannergx rolls all skulls baby! tannergx rolls all skulls baby!

I've finalized the modifications UtahScott asked for on Shrine of Mo-Ne-Ca:

The power glyphs are both set, and should be displayed powerside up at the start of the game - 1 x Gerda and 1 x Valda. The unknown glyph markers under the Shrine complex denote treasure glyphs. Treasure glyphs can be random and placed powerside down as normal. Of note, I'm not sure what the trap will be for the tournament, and I suspect this should be agreed upon before too long.

In playtesting, I found the power glyph placements to be important and that's why they are set. If the placement in front of the Hive is weak, there is little reason for most armies to head that way. And 2 reasonably strong glyphs keeps more action on the ground than you'd expect.

Sorry for the late update to those that like to test their army on the maps pre-event.

Cheers,

~tgx
Old October 7th, 2010, 03:59 PM

Thanks, tgx! I've added in the new picture, but the download link will have to be added after the tourney.
Old October 7th, 2010, 04:01 PM

tannergx rolls all skulls baby! tannergx rolls all skulls baby! tannergx rolls all skulls baby! tannergx rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
I've added in the new picture, but the download link will have to be added after the tourney.
I replaced the download at the old link, so everything is good.
Old October 10th, 2010, 04:11 PM

wjscaper knows what's in an order marker wjscaper knows what's in an order marker

Thanks to everyone who attended the event!!!

I believe all had fun. I always look forward to this game day.

A special thanks to the map makers and organizers and those who donated the prizes.

Also, Scott I think it would be fun if we could post everyone's stats and game win loss records here for all to see.

I encourage everyone to leave there feed back here. Give some positive thoughts on the event.
Old October 10th, 2010, 06:29 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

It was great fun. Getting to meet so many other 'scapers was a blast, playing against them even more so. I also finally got to play on Jungle and Tundra maps-my 'scaper dream has come true.

Records would be fun to see. Also, here's a link to the Battle Report thread Scott started for this.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old October 10th, 2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog
Also, here's a link to the Battle Report thread Scott started for this.
What Bigga said.
I don't mind having two different places to post reflections on the tournament, though.

I need to get tournament results printouts from KingKorman, then I can post them.

Over in the Battle Report thread, we already have detailed play-by-plays from Bigga & ScottManDeath.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day