Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old February 11th, 2021, 01:57 PM

AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Suggestions for the C3V

Hey gang,

I've been perusing for a while trying to find a potential model for an Aquilla flag bearer and I may have found it. Of course, we would need to collaborate and make a 3D print for the flag itself to be glued onto the handle of the sword.

Model name is D&D mini CRAG UNGART (Dwarf Fighter) SKT Dungeons & Dragons Pathfinder Miniature.

Availability is looking to be at least 150, with a price point of around $2.
In addition, there is also a translucent model available for painting.

https://www.miniaturemarket.com/ddskt-007.html
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Crag-Ungart...MAAOSwhDBfLWaQ
https://www.ebay.com/itm/D-D-mini-CR...wAAOSwsW9Y2Ua6
https://www.ebay.com/itm/D-D-Mini-St...0AAOSw4h1f6i9g
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Crag-Ungart...UAAOSw82hfrzC9
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Crag-Ungart...8AAOSwS~9c1OGp
https://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/233407
https://overthebrick.com/products/crag-ungart-7

Looking forward to everyone's thoughts!

Last edited by AndreThaGiant; February 11th, 2021 at 02:27 PM.
Old February 11th, 2021, 04:29 PM

Myth26 knows what's in an order marker Myth26 knows what's in an order marker Myth26 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreThaGiant View Post
Hey gang,

I've been perusing for a while trying to find a potential model for an Aquilla flag bearer and I may have found it. Of course, we would need to collaborate and make a 3D print for the flag itself to be glued onto the handle of the sword.

Model name is D&D mini CRAG UNGART (Dwarf Fighter) SKT Dungeons & Dragons Pathfinder Miniature.

Availability is looking to be at least 150, with a price point of around $2.
In addition, there is also a translucent model available for painting.

https://www.miniaturemarket.com/ddskt-007.html
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Crag-Ungart...MAAOSwhDBfLWaQ
https://www.ebay.com/itm/D-D-mini-CR...wAAOSwsW9Y2Ua6
https://www.ebay.com/itm/D-D-Mini-St...0AAOSw4h1f6i9g
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Crag-Ungart...UAAOSw82hfrzC9
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Crag-Ungart...8AAOSwS~9c1OGp
https://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/233407
https://overthebrick.com/products/crag-ungart-7

Looking forward to everyone's thoughts!

I very much agree that this should be an Aquilla flagbearer!

1) It's a dwarf and I personally associate dwarfs with Aquilla.
2) It feels very regal like a flagbearer should be.
3) The gold fits in with Aquilla's secondary color.
4) I like the idea of the flag being attached to the hilt of a sword.
5) It currently is available in large supply for cheap.
6) The banner would be customized so the design team can literally start from scratch and pick all aspects of the banner instead of being stuck with a base color.

But I do think it poses a few problems:

1) The flag part would need to be printed and affixed, which means people would need a 3D printer to get the "full" model. This can be fixed by some of the more prominent 3D printers in the community stepping up and offering flags or minis with flags for a fair price. (I was reminded that the mounted Hrognak had 3D printing, so this is less of a point.)
2) The location of the flag would have to be consistent, as would coloring and such, but color can be easily figured out if the whole flag is made to be one color, and the emblem is a sticker.
3) We would also need to print out a sticker, but Gothlok had the same "problem" so I am just including this for completeness.

Overall, I think it's a good mini to use.

Last edited by Myth26; February 11th, 2021 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Included fact that Hrognak had a 3D printed component.
Old February 11th, 2021, 06:03 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Why would the flag have to be 3D printed? Seems like it could just as easily be a sticker that folds over on itself to make a flag. I'm thinking Battle Masters style.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 11th, 2021, 08:00 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

There's a lot of internal debate about whether the Aquilla Flag bearer should be a dwarf, or one of the other Aquilla specific factions. Mariedians, Native Americans, and Wolves, are also valid options. And this isn't the first dwarf figure that has been suggested, along with the idea to 3D print a flag. The consensus has been that if we are going to add a flag to a figure, we should find a really good figure for that purpose, and not just take whatever figure happens to be available.

I'm partial to Mariedians, and Wolves myself. Though if a really fitting figure for the other 2 were found, I'd be happy to see that too.
Old February 15th, 2021, 03:34 PM

AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Why would the flag have to be 3D printed? Seems like it could just as easily be a sticker that folds over on itself to make a flag. I'm thinking Battle Masters style.
My brain went to 3D printing first, just to stay synonymous with the other flag bearers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
There's a lot of internal debate about whether the Aquilla Flag bearer should be a dwarf, or one of the other Aquilla specific factions. Mariedians, Native Americans, and Wolves, are also valid options. And this isn't the first dwarf figure that has been suggested, along with the idea to 3D print a flag. The consensus has been that if we are going to add a flag to a figure, we should find a really good figure for that purpose, and not just take whatever figure happens to be available.

I'm partial to Mariedians, and Wolves myself. Though if a really fitting figure for the other 2 were found, I'd be happy to see that too.
Honestly, Dwarf was the first species that I thought of. Between Mok, Darrak, Migol, Mogrimm, Axegrinders, and Shieldsmiths, it's the most iconic in my mind. The Varks are becoming difficult to obtain, the Natives would be an awesome idea especially if there were more Native-themed units, and Maridians could be fun as well I suppose. Just spitballing- I'll keep my eyes peeled for other potential models!

Thanks for the feedback guys
Old February 24th, 2021, 01:29 AM

Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby!

I have no idea if there is a miniature out there of a Knight with a Hammer, but I have this cool idea that I think would make a good figure.

Sir Hallas. Basically, he's like a storm knight with a lightning special attack, maybe like a mini melee Quahon. Ullar faction (more on this later), Human Champion, to bond with KoW, but maybe either make the special attack weaker (to balance that KoW are a really good squad to bond with) or make him not Valiant, so that he's not a part of 4thMass strategies.

Why do I think the game could use him? Well, I think the game needs more knight-type heroes, and while Hawthorne is a cool departure from Jandar, I think Ullar is also a faction that supports medieval-european fantasy as a theme for its heroes. This also would mean if he's good with the knights, he's excluded from formats like General Wars. But, his inclusion would give KoW armies access to a special-attacker, something they have always lacked.
Old February 24th, 2021, 07:48 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

If you're going to make Thor, wouldn't he make more sense as a Viking?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 24th, 2021, 10:29 AM

Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Spellswords are a thing too. I mean, yeah. Big Thor vibes. But I don't want a viking, I want a knight. :P
Old February 24th, 2021, 10:52 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
Quote:
Spellswords are a thing too. I mean, yeah. Big Thor vibes. But I don't want a viking, I want a knight. :P
Something that didn't occur to me right away, even after I joined the C3V, is that the C3V is full of people who all have diverse but amazing ideas, and all of them are trying to make their own ideas a reality. At any given time, there's a minimum of 10 different ideas being brainstormed, and 20 other different ideas being actively worked on in some capacity. Even with all of that, there are still ideas that we just don't have a good mini for, or that doesn't capture the interest of the rest of the team. For every design idea that we actually develope into a full release, there's easily 5 - 10 others that we just don't end up using. We might borrow from those ideas in the future, but we also might not. What I'm trying to say is, if you want to see something, the best way to make sure that happens, is to design it yourself, playtest it, and submit it to the SoV. I've done it, and several other C3V members have as well. Sometimes your vision isn't shared by others, and it's best to just do it yourself. The longer I'm in the C3V, the more I really appreciate that the SoV is available, because some ideas would never make it through the C3V in the same form.
Old February 24th, 2021, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Sellhammers, though?

Hammer + Lightning = Thor is going to be a tough aesthetic to get past, IMO.

Old February 24th, 2021, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Spellhammers, though?

Hammer + Lightning = Thor is going to be a tough aesthetic to get past, IMO.
There's no need to get past it. I don't care if it's similar to Thor, just like Green Arrow and Hawkeye are similar, there is nothing which says they can't both exist. Mimring is similar to every dragon ever. Syvarris is similar to Legolas. The Krav Maga are similar to MIB/Matrix. I could go on.
Old February 24th, 2021, 04:29 PM

"Archer" and "Dragon" are much more common archetypes than "Hammer wielding thunder bringer."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs