Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 20th, 2019, 06:18 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Thanos (Infinity Quest) - Vote for Final Edi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
If we're looking for one more test here, I can run one tomorrow or Thursday. (Probably more toward Thursday)
Cool - thanks chap! I think we're giving him a shot at 8 Life now.
Okey doke. Anything in particular you want to see? Haven't been able to fully keep up with the thread and what's been tested already.
I'd like to see one game where he's solo and... probably one pairing him with Adam Warlock, now that he's stronger? Both times I'm thinking the opponent probably places Reality first and tries to keep it from him, and Thanos himself should probably start with Time.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 20th, 2019, 09:10 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
If we're looking for one more test here, I can run one tomorrow or Thursday. (Probably more toward Thursday)
Okey doke. Anything in particular you want to see? Haven't been able to fully keep up with the thread and what's been tested already.
I'd like to see one game where he's solo and... probably one pairing him with Adam Warlock, now that he's stronger? Both times I'm thinking the opponent probably places Reality first and tries to keep it from him, and Thanos himself should probably start with Time.
That for sure seemed to be the best glyph combo for me.
Old February 20th, 2019, 09:51 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Gotcha. I might also look at doing something like dok is suggesting with some passive filler stuff on top? Maybe one solo, one with Warlock and a few passive filler guys.
Old February 21st, 2019, 04:30 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Gotcha. I might also look at doing something like dok is suggesting with some passive filler stuff on top? Maybe one solo, one with Warlock and a few passive filler guys.
Sounds solid to me. That'll make the opponent want to keep hold of the Reality Stone even more - if they can keep dumping OMs off Thanos and onto someone like Angel, that's got to be worth something. One of the hardest things to account for in this design are the (fairly occasional) times an opponent manages to use one of the Infinity Stones against you.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 21st, 2019, 11:22 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Which is why I think he'll be best/most powerful on his own.
Old February 21st, 2019, 11:27 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
One of the hardest things to account for in this design are the (fairly occasional) times an opponent manages to use one of the Infinity Stones against you.
That is one of my favorite things about this design. It really feels like a scenario in one card.
Old February 21st, 2019, 02:36 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Which is why I think he'll be best/most powerful on his own.
I agree, which is why I've asked for another solo-test, which will be the most common way he's been tested. I do feel the Adam Warlock combo is notable enough to be worth a game, though, and if dok feels we ought to test something else I sure as hell am not going to argue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Quote:
One of the hardest things to account for in this design are the (fairly occasional) times an opponent manages to use one of the Infinity Stones against you.
That is one of my favorite things about this design. It really feels like a scenario in one card.
Thanks, chap!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 21st, 2019, 02:50 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Nothing wrong with another game with Thanos being paired with someone. Especially if the CRB recommends it.

I'm just gonna be a bit concerned if his next solo game comes back as a big win, since that feels like a trend.
Old February 21st, 2019, 03:24 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Anything in particular we want for opposing armies?
Old February 21st, 2019, 05:06 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Anything in particular we want for opposing armies?
Well I found that loosely synergistic units don't fair so well, but OM hubs aren't ideal unless you can keep the Reality Gem away from him, so I'd probably say builds that have OM flex and strong synergy.

Unlike Arkham, I am not that concerned with his singular performances as it feels pretty spot on to me and kind of more like how it should be, you need that extra distraction for him to really get the one up on him
Old February 21st, 2019, 06:11 PM

I guess I'm just confused here. We keep suggesting he go up against armies that aren't as affected by his shenanigans. For years I've heard "make sure the unit is tested in its strongest scenarios" to ensure he's not OP. Are we suggesting now that Thanos should be costed against the less than 20% of armies featuring both strong synergy and great OM flex(thus minimizing the Reality gem)?

Also, fwiw, on the solo performance front, your set of tests saw:
Solo game 1: Thanos won with 5/9 wounds and 2 Gems unclaimed. (no rewritten death)
Solo game 2: Fully rewritten Thanos.
Non-Solo game: The Fan-5 won with Thing bearing 5/6 wounds, Torch bearing 2/5 wound and equipped with the Gaunlet with 3/6 gems, Invisible bearing 4/5 wounds, Fantastic bearing 2/5 wounds, and an unwounded Surfer.

That alone to me shows how strong he is by himself, because he doesn't allow the Reality gem to mess with him. I ran 2 solo games with him before the drop to 2 glyphs, and one was a win without him needing unwritten death, and one he barely lost.

I guess I just don't see how him paired with anyone helps his cause. The Reality gem is one of the strongest, especially when combined with the Time gem, yet the Reality gem is completely useless against Thanos when he's solo, as is the Soul gem for that matter.

So I'm not sure what data would make you feel otherwise, when his biggest wins are when he's alone.
Old February 21st, 2019, 06:41 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I am with you here Arkham. It is hard to argue the data or the power of the Reality Gem to thwart Thanos when he has friends.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library