Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Notices

Old August 19th, 2018, 03:35 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker
Re: Gencon 2018 Results

I'd just like everyone to know Matthias took Hatamato due to a bet we made several years ago that I'm pretty sure I won (I'm not sure on the details). I take full credit for his success and petition Hatamato be upgraded to A+. @OrcElfArmyOne

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old August 19th, 2018, 04:06 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I'd heard this story, but based on what I know of Matthias, it sounds like the kind of bet he might have *won*, also. "If you win, you bring Hatamato Toro to the Main Event. If I win, *I* bring him."

I believe you, though.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 20th, 2018, 04:19 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookiee View Post
I'd just like everyone to know Matthias took Hatamato due to a bet we made several years ago that I'm pretty sure I won (I'm not sure on the details). I take full credit for his success and petition Hatamato be upgraded to A+. @OrcElfArmyOne
Fixed, thanks!
Old August 20th, 2018, 04:27 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Question about General Wars: How prevalent were Deathchasers builds? It's what I brought to our prep tournament. It seemed to me a pretty obvious place to go with the meta. How'd they do?

= =
Old August 20th, 2018, 04:34 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Question about General Wars: How prevalent were Deathchasers builds? It's what I brought to our prep tournament. It seemed to me a pretty obvious place to go with the meta. How'd they do?
No one ran them. The Big 3 were easily 4x 10th and Q9, 3x Dwarves, Raelin, and Nilfheim, and 4x Stingers, 3x Mezzos, and Marcu. DCs are ok but not great in these matchups. No Raelin really hurts them, 3 defense will get them killed by everything else above. They have solid board control early and hit hard, but they'd have trouble in that they'd basically trade with whatever squad they were fighting and not be able to take out the other component of each of those armies.
Old August 20th, 2018, 04:42 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Ok, thanks.

The reason I like TD'ing General Wars so much is that (1) it's an honor to be asked to take such a weighty responsibility, (2) there are a zillion people, and (3) I'm really not much good at building optimized armies. And GW is about optimized armies.

I am happy to accept your analysis as superior to mine, and I'm glad you guys were there again.

= =
Old August 20th, 2018, 04:45 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Quote:
Fixed, thanks!
Finally! Somebody besides me understands the metagame of Heroscape. I was beginning to think I was the only one.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; August 20th, 2018 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Parmenio also won the Main Event and so did Estivara and the spiders. Where’s the love?
Old August 20th, 2018, 04:56 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Ok, thanks.

The reason I like TD'ing General Wars so much is that (1) it's an honor to be asked to take such a weighty responsibility, (2) there are a zillion people, and (3) I'm really not much good at building optimized armies. And GW is about optimized armies.

I am happy to accept your analysis as superior to mine, and I'm glad you guys were there again.
Not saying my analysis is superior, sorry if it came off that way. I just think Decthchasers will struggle in the long game against these because while these other armies have two excellent components, the Deathcahsers could fall quick and then they could be in some trouble. Would you agree that the two best armies for them would have probably been 4x DCs, Nerak, OP, and Hydra and 5x DCs, Nerak, OP, Me-Burq-Sa, and Isamu? That's the best I'm making. Maybe no OP? Could be problematic without him to try to tie up and whack the big guys, although he could run into problems with Dwarves and 10th screening for Nilf and Q9, respectively.

Unfortunately, GW is really about optimization. I'd like to see it done away with next year as it only had 22 people iirc. The top 2 for Utgar/Valkrill were the Stingers/Mezzos, the top 3 for Einar/Vydar were the 10th/Q9, and I took Jandar with the Dwarves/Nilf/Raelin. That's 6 of the top records playing the Big 3, and while I think the Deathchasers piloted well could have gone 3-2, I think their trouble would have been in consistently pulling off wins in those matchups.

It was too bad you guys couldn't make it. Hope to see you there next year!
Old August 20th, 2018, 04:57 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Fixed, thanks!
Finally! Somebody besides me understands the metagame of Heroscape. I was beginning to think I was the only one.
I moved Spiders up to B already, they're a high B. I also already moved up Parmenio, he's got solid enough stats.
Old August 20th, 2018, 05:02 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
I'd heard this story, but based on what I know of Matthias, it sounds like the kind of bet he might have *won*, also. "If you win, you bring Hatamato Toro to the Main Event. If I win, *I* bring him."

I believe you, though.
I'm not sure at all who won and yeah Matthias definitely might have said that

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old August 20th, 2018, 05:08 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Oh, I am 100% sure your analysis was superior to mine. I had this same conversation with Brad, who immediately told me that Q9 + Redcoats would have slaughtered my army. I didn't take it that way at all.

I won our tournament with DC x4, Warhulk, Nerak, and MBS. Brad ran a "stunt" army, as he likes to do. He can't bring himself to optimize. He ran Death Knights, Taelord, and a Hydra, and only lost one game, to me. He would have come in second, by a wide margin, if we'd been using partial card scoring.

Quote:
Not saying my analysis is superior, sorry if it came off that way. I just think Decthchasers will struggle in the long game against these because while these other armies have two excellent components, the Deathcahsers could fall quick and then they could be in some trouble. Would you agree that the two best armies for them would have probably been 4x DCs, Nerak, OP, and Hydra and 5x DCs, Nerak, OP, Me-Burq-Sa, and Isamu? That's the best I'm making. Maybe no OP? Could be problematic without him to try to tie up and whack the big guys, although he could run into problems with Dwarves and 10th screening for Nilf and Q9, respectively.

Unfortunately, GW is really about optimization. I'd like to see it done away with next year as it only had 22 people iirc. The top 2 for Utgar/Valkrill were the Stingers/Mezzos, the top 3 for Einar/Vydar were the 10th/Q9, and I took Jandar with the Dwarves/Nilf/Raelin. That's 6 of the top records playing the Big 3, and while I think the Deathchasers piloted well could have gone 3-2, I think their trouble would have been in consistently pulling off wins in those matchups.

It was too bad you guys couldn't make it. Hope to see you there next year!
Yeah, I hope we get there next year, too. I'll bring comfortable shoes for the walk back & forth between the 'Scape area and the Dealer Hall.

Say hi to your dad for me.

= =
Old August 20th, 2018, 10:28 PM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!

Hi back at ya DS. You were missed and we hope you make it next year. I want to run a very special event during the flex tournament next year -- a "Senior Tournament" for mature Scapers. To participate, you will have to be AARP eligible. For those of you who don't know what AARP is, you are definitely not eligible. There should be somewhere between 6 to 8 of us.

We will have special rules. If you forget to do something, no problem as long as board state has not really changed. We can use large print cards. The tournament will start fairly early as most of us are up early and don't stay up too late. If you need to take a bathroom break or get more coffee (which of course leads to more bathroom breaks) no problem. We will also extend time for the games so we can reminisce about the "good old days". Of course, we will need a "senior discount" for our tickets. There will be special prizes for those of us who embarrass our children. (This post may earn me a prize.)

I ran this idea by some of the more mature players this year, and there was serious interest. Ideas to create the best, most prestigious tournament are welcome.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con